“Excellent kept hotel especially for the value”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Hazleton
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Hazleton
Wood Ridge, New Jersey
“Excellent kept hotel especially for the value”
Reviewed October 6, 2009

Stayed here this past July 4th weekend. We were in the area for whitewater rafting and also to check out the Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs. Both places were within 30-40 minutes. I had Marriott Rewards points to use for free rooms which is why I chose this place as it was the closest Marriott run hotel in the area we needed. Needless to say at a bit over $100 a night for a 1BR, this place is an absolute bargain. Everything was clean, free breakfast was good, friendly service, well kept rooms, and they even had a DVD player in the room and at the counter gave you a list of DVD movies that they had available for you to use. If I am in the area again I would definitely stay here.

There are several excellent restaurants in the area when you continue down the road past the Fairfield Inn other than chain restaurants. Be sure to ask the front desk for those recommendations!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Philadelphia
Reviewed October 3, 2009

We stayed one night for a nearby wedding and did not expect that we would want to spend so much time in the hotel! It was not only immaculate but beautifully and tastefully decorated, we got an enormous room/suite for a low price. The pool and hot tub are open till 11 which was great after needing to warm up from the rain after the wedding. The staff were incredibly friendly, the breakfast buffet far exceeded our expectations and was great and held in the very cozy lobby. I am now really hoping I have a reason to come back to the area so we can stay again!

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
NEW JERSEY
Reviewed August 18, 2009

The Fairfield Inn was exactly what we needed after a long day of softball. The hotel is very clean and nicely decorated. We did not use the pool but it loked very clean when I walked by. The pool was fairly small but serves its purpose - there also was a small hot tub in the pool area. The room was immaculate and the two queen beds were very comfortable. There were plenty of pillows and even extra in the closet. Internet access was wi fi. Next morning we had breakfast and there was a great deal of a variety of foods to choose from both hot and cold. Right in front of the Fairfield Inn was a Damon's restaurant for those guests who would like a meal in close proximity to the hotel. Defintiely would reccommend this hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed August 2009
Marietta, GA
Reviewed July 10, 2009

This is a very special hotel. We booked our room using Marriott points because it was the nearest Marriott property to the Knoebel's amusement park. What a pleasant surprise to find an exceptionally run, gorgeous, overwhelmingly pleasing hotel.

The property is exceptionally well decorated and furnished. The pool was clean and well maintained. The breakfast was served efficiently and with a smile. The rooms were comfortable and clean.

I've stayed in a great many hotels, and this Fairfield is absolutely at the top of the list. Thank you and congratulations to the management of this property - you set the standard for your industry!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
New York
Reviewed February 16, 2009

Every year my whole family gets together for a skiing trip. The past 4 years we have stayed at this Fairfield and each year I am extremely impressed with their establishment. The staff is polite and very helpful, the rooms are clean and spacious, & it's definately family oriented. The continental breakfast is AMAZING! They have all kinds of hot foods, quick foods. You name it they have it - you can even make your own waffles fresh! The staff has always made our stay a very pleasant one. I highly recommend this hotel!!

• Liked — the staff is amazing, and the continental breakfast is by far the best around.
  • Disliked — I don't have any negative comments. Everything was great
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Brattie
Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 2, 2009

Great for a ski weekend at nearby Eagle Rock. Very clean, very friendly!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
Albany NY
Reviewed August 4, 2008

We stayed here thurs-sat, july 31st--aug. 2nd and I must write that this property certainly warrants all of the great reviews it has garnered. Travelling with two teenagers, I chose the 2 room suite. This was a generously-sized room, along with a separate bedroom. Three tvs adorned the suite, serving to entertain us no matter where we were. The check-in desk at 4pm on Thursday was chaotic with people waiting and the phone incessantly ringing. The staff expertly and efficiently handled the situation well. Russia checked us in as speedily and hospitably as humanly possible. I mentioned to her that I read a positive comment about her by a previous TA reviewer for this hotel and she said "this makes my day".

The room was spotless and the maid service did a nice job in attending to the messes we made. The dvd service, as noted by many previous reviewers, was superb. The selection was vast and current, with no rental charge. I discovered, to my horror, that I forgot to bring a bottle opener. Not to worry, the front desk staffer lent me one for my entire stay.

The Damon's across the parking lot was servicable, but not spectacular. We stumbled on an EXCELLENT sit-down chinese restaurant adjacent to the nearby mall and had a great lunch on friday. The last night we ordered pizza from a place called Hell's Kitchen. Decent pizza, but it took two full hours to arrive. aaarggh! The free b'fast was dee-lish, with much variety.

The pool was clean and refreshing, but on the smallish side. However, a nice hot tub and sauna made up for this.

This is the nicest Fairfield I've ever stayed in!

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hazleton
Candlewood Suites Hazleton
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Drums-Hazelton
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 2 in West Hazleton

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Hazleton? Share your experiences!