“Could have been good, but...”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Hazleton
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Hazleton
Reviewed August 19, 2013

First, check-in was less than pleasant, as the clerk was clearly overworked. When I requested a cot, she mentioned repeatedly she was on her own that night, so she couldn't even confirm she'd be able to look for one.

Upon entering the room, we noticed that there was a pair of dirty socks left on the floor (among other housekeeping misses). As we headed off to dinner, I mentioned it to the clerk, who noted it on a post-it. Yet, when we returned, the socks were STILL there. For all I know, they could STILL be there, because when we checked out, NO ONE had followed up on it.

The pool was fairly small, but worse, the water seemed dirty, though the hot tub water was even worse.

The only reason this review wasn't a 1 is that the overworked clerk did eventually find us a cot, so despite the problems, she did follow through on that item. Still, I was quite happy it was only one night, and I won't be trying my luck there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SDubord
Fairfield_Hazleton, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hazleton, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. It is certainly disappointing to hear. We are an award winning hotel and the housekeeping problems you encountered are not typical of our hotel and will defintely be addressed. We are also sorry that you were dissatisfied with the pool, but I can assure you that it is maintained and cleaned on a daily basis.
We always try to honor all requests, especially those made in advance, as all requests are based on availability. I am glad to hear that your request for the cot was able to be honored in the end. We apologize for the delay.
We again thank you for your feedback and apologize for your unsatisfactory experience.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

One of the cleanest hotels around, from the stairwells to the pool. We stayed on a Sunday night in August after race weekend while driving through on a motorcycle trip. One of the things we noticed was how often we were greeted by the staff asking if everything was alright with our stay. Really top notch regarding customer service. The room was very comfortable and had a mini fridge. The indoor pool was very refreshing, especially after sitting in the hot tub for ten minutes. Both the heater and timer for the hot tub worked without a problem. There is also a sauna off of the pool. No shortage of pool towels as they were neatly rolled by the entrance. There were also clean towels stacked in the restroom next to the shower. Breakfast included scrambled eggs, sausage, and waffles along with the standard yogurt, fruit, and carbs. The location is right off of I 81 and directly across the highway from the Hazleton PSU campus - a very pleasant area for a walk after a long drive. Check out the view behind the Admin building. Damon’s (sports bar) is next door to the hotel for dinner and is the only restaurant within walking distance. And yes, cookies in the hotel lobby at check in.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Demy181
Reviewed August 9, 2013

The Fairfield Inn in Hazleton PA is a great place to stay when in the area. It is centrally located with
very easy access to the Freeway and the heart of Hazleton. The is a restaurant next door which offers delivery
to the room at no extra charge. The room itself was Marriott quality. The breakfast was great. The food was all
fresh, hot and very tastey. The staff was very friendly and prompt. If I'm in the area again, this is where I will
stay, it was a great value.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank bcps7
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

My family and I recently spent one night. The room was a nice size, the pool was nice though a little cold and the breakfast was good. My daughter really enjoyed the make your own waffles. An employee was continually replenishing the breakfast items.

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank Brian T
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We love this motel. Rooms are clean and nice, free breakfast is good and pool is warm. I love this place and their staff. Just don't book through the 1 800 number. I asked for a two bed, on the first floor for me and my mom and I got a king bed on the second floor. The motel was full up but they moved us the next day to a two bed on the first floor the next day. It wasn't worth the extra couple of bucks we saved by using the 1-800 number. Everyone at this motel was curtious and nice. Sorry hit the wrong button, there is no spa here.

Room Tip: First floor near the pool.