“Just passing Thru but pleasantly surprised”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Hazleton
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Hazleton
Buena Vista, Virginia
“Just passing Thru but pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

On the way from Mich to NJ stopped hear to stay the night and visit with an old friend from my days in Viet Nam who now lives in the area. Not expecting much other than the jacuzzi in the room we were not disapointed. Nice bed, quiet room, we needed to stay an extra couple of hours due to my medical condition and that presented no problem

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dennis D
Fairfield_Hazleton, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hazleton, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Thank you for your writing a review about your recent experience with us at our hotel. We are glad your stay was enjoyable. Your positive feedback of our property is truly appreciated.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Stopped at the Hampton inn where we had stayed before looking for a room. They were booked solid and referred us to the Fairfield Inn which was close by. Seemed a little strange since it's a Marriott chain and not the Hilton, but we felt blessed by how nice this place is. Actually the only thing better about the Hampton Inn is the view. Otherwise, the Fairfield Inn is much nicer. If the Hampton had referred us to another Hilton chain we would have driven there since we frequent their brand. Now we are reconsidering that and considering Marriott as our first choice.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Odarkthirty
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for sharing that feedback with others.

We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your time at our hotel and we look forward to having you back again if you visit our area in the future.
Canada
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We checked in the Fairfield Inn late Friday night. The staff was very accommodating, rooms were clean, beds comfortable, bathroom excellently equipped. Breakfast the next day was well stocked and attended to. Boiled eggs, waffles, cereals, coffee, fruit, pasteries, breads, yoghurts, grapefruit etc..One of the better hotels we have used.

Room Tip: We used the coupon out of the Rooms book that one gets at welcome stations. Our room price with coup...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank WendyCanada
We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay with us at our hotel. We take pride in knowing we were able to provide you with a positive and enjoyable experience. And we thank you for sharing your experience with others.

We look forward to seeing you again!
Texas
Reviewed March 13, 2013

There are full service Marriott's who do not compare to this hotel...believe me I am a lifetime Marriott Elite.

I have stayed with them for the last 10 years and look forward to each visit...next one starting tomorrow !!!

There are far too many folks to mention, but MELISSA is a champ...she is the reason this hotel is not a 9, but is a FULL 10 !!!

No request is too tough...if it can legally be done they are on it...simply ask !!!

If you are in the area, try them...then you will see what value for your money really means.

If you get 10 Service and Care during your stay...leave them a review so others can enjoy this GEM !!!

Room Tip: Call the hotel direct...they make your reservations personally and e-mail your confirmations. Coo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank NetteTexas
We appreciate you taking the time to leave such a nice review of our hotel. Thank you for letting other Trip Advisor users know of the excellent experience you had during your stay with us. We take pride in being able to provide the service travelers have come to expect.

We greatly value your continued business and we look forward to having you with us again in the future.
Victoria, Minnesota
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

My family recently stayed for 4 nights to attend a funeral in town. I have been waiting over a week for the manager, Melissa, to return my call. We found the room cleaning unacceptable daily. One day we had no toilet paper, towels placed haphazardly in the bathroom and a bed half made. I know this is not a five star hotel, but workers should have a little pride. The next day we found toilet paper wrappers left in our bathroom sink. We found the breakfast to be sporadic at best. One day, no apple juice, no fruit, no yogurt. It seemed as if the staff was ill prepared for a large crowd.

The biggest disappointment is that the front desk worker, Bobby, took my message twice and the manager, Melissa, has refused to call me back. This is the worst customer service I have seen at a Mariott property. As a silver elite member, I find it unacceptable.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ericsugar
Fairfield_Hazleton, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hazleton, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
I'm very sorry for your experience at our hotel. I did just return today to find a message left for me from this weekend. I again apologize, but this was the only message I received from you regarding your stay. I will certainly be contacting you to discuss your stay further. We are an award winning hotel and we pride ourselves on delivering the service and stay that our guests expect and I can assure you that we would not deliberately avoid responding.

I thank you for your feedback and will be speaking to you soon.
Lewisburg, West Virginia
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This was our second visit over two years. The hotel continues to be well maintained and the room was comfortable. The reception staff were very friendly and capable. The fitness center was above average for a Fairfield. Good breakfast with plenty of tables. Our room was clean. Good internet service.

Room Tip: Facing the front parking lot will probably be the quietest.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank WVMaven
Thank you for your writing a review about your recent experience at our hotel and we are glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We appreciate hearing your feedback and having you share your experience with others.

We look forward to having you again at our hotel if you should ever find yourself in this area in the future.
Greenland NH
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I was very impressed with this hotel right from the moment I stepped up to the counter and checked in. The young man behind the counter was so friendly and helpful. I am sorry I didn't get his name but he was there when I checked in and out.

The room was very clean. The bed slept great and pillows were too. Last but not least the continental breakfast was way more than other hotels. The thing I liked was they had strawberries and whipcream to go with the waffles. I felt like I was on a cruise ship with this wonderful buffet breakfast.

Thank you Fairfield Inn & Suites Haxleton for a great stay.

Room Tip: We choose top floor back side of hotel. This room was very quiet. They have an elevator so no prob...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Prayingpam
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hazleton
Hampton Inn Hazleton
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Wilkes Barre
Ramada Hazleton
Ramada Hazleton
#6 of 8 in Hazleton

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Hazleton? Share your experiences!