“Terrible Customer Service”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Hazleton
Victoria, Minnesota
“Terrible Customer Service”
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

My family recently stayed for 4 nights to attend a funeral in town. I have been waiting over a week for the manager, Melissa, to return my call. We found the room cleaning unacceptable daily. One day we had no toilet paper, towels placed haphazardly in the bathroom and a bed half made. I know this is not a five star hotel, but workers should have a little pride. The next day we found toilet paper wrappers left in our bathroom sink. We found the breakfast to be sporadic at best. One day, no apple juice, no fruit, no yogurt. It seemed as if the staff was ill prepared for a large crowd.

The biggest disappointment is that the front desk worker, Bobby, took my message twice and the manager, Melissa, has refused to call me back. This is the worst customer service I have seen at a Mariott property. As a silver elite member, I find it unacceptable.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ericsugar
Fairfield_Hazleton, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hazleton, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
I'm very sorry for your experience at our hotel. I did just return today to find a message left for me from this weekend. I again apologize, but this was the only message I received from you regarding your stay. I will certainly be contacting you to discuss your stay further. We are an award winning hotel and we pride ourselves on delivering the service and stay that our guests expect and I can assure you that we would not deliberately avoid responding.

I thank you for your feedback and will be speaking to you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Lewisburg, West Virginia
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This was our second visit over two years. The hotel continues to be well maintained and the room was comfortable. The reception staff were very friendly and capable. The fitness center was above average for a Fairfield. Good breakfast with plenty of tables. Our room was clean. Good internet service.

Room Tip: Facing the front parking lot will probably be the quietest.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank WVMaven
Fairfield_Hazleton, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hazleton, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Thank you for your writing a review about your recent experience at our hotel and we are glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We appreciate hearing your feedback and having you share your experience with others.

We look forward to having you again at our hotel if you should ever find yourself in this area in the future.
Greenland NH
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I was very impressed with this hotel right from the moment I stepped up to the counter and checked in. The young man behind the counter was so friendly and helpful. I am sorry I didn't get his name but he was there when I checked in and out.

The room was very clean. The bed slept great and pillows were too. Last but not least the continental breakfast was way more than other hotels. The thing I liked was they had strawberries and whipcream to go with the waffles. I felt like I was on a cruise ship with this wonderful buffet breakfast.

Thank you Fairfield Inn & Suites Haxleton for a great stay.

Room Tip: We choose top floor back side of hotel. This room was very quiet. They have an elevator so no prob...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Prayingpam
usa
Reviewed October 29, 2012

One of the nicest Fairfield Inns, ever stayed in. Stylish, welcoming lobby. In addition to the coffee and tea station, also offered cold apple and orange water, a really nice touch. Even had a sauna along with inside pool! Room, gym and the rest of the hotel was every well-maintained, such that I thought it was a newer hotel. We were on our way home from Cornell U, so we were only there for 1 night. Internet was strong, breakfast was the usual but convenient fare. Our room was right next to the vending machine on the first floor. It was very noisy, could hear the constant humming through the wall. The housekeeper asked me the next morning if we were bothered by the noise. I said yes. She said she would file another complaint with service, so must be an ongoing problem. Avoid this room. Check in and out was fast and pleasant. Located conveniently off 81 on a commercial road with lots of restaurants

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank alyce888
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 27, 2012

This is a basic hotel. Room was clean and breakfast was adequate - enough choices for the entire family. Staff was nice and eager to help. Restaurant within walking distance. Good internet connection. No need to pay more at nearby hotels.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank TripTech
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 19, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at the Fairfield Inn numerous times and are very pleased with the service and rooms. We always receive a friendly welcome and are quickly settled into our room, which has always been clean and fresh. I have yet to experience a problem and appreciate the wireless internet available in the rooms as well as the office utilities (fax and printer) available in the lobby in a private area. Damon's Restaurant is a few steps away which is very convenient and there are snacks and complimentary cookies an the lobby. There is ample parking. A comfortable and consistent place to stay in the Hazleton area.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank babbsie
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Our family stayed here one night on a road trip to NH. Tried to find accommodations in Scranton but a number of places had no availability. Called a Hilton location and the one room they had for $165 got booked while we were on the phone. Found this Fairfiield that was somewhat close to our location via Marriott's website. Having small children, a late hour and rainy/foggy weather we needed to settle in for the night.

Called the hotel for availability and the staff was very helpful and polite. Found a king suite for $124. The room was awesome, comfortable and very clean. The kids loved the big LG tv in the living area and the tv and phone in the bathroom.

Plenty of breakfast choices for all, even for my picky daughter. Overall great place to stay, close access to I-81. Would be hardpressed to find any cons to this hotel (ie; standard hotel issues of slow bathroom drain, no exhaust vent in bathroom and in room a/c unit noise). Definitely no deal breakers.

Would definitely recommend and put on our list to stay again should the need arise.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank TheRealComputerGuy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hazleton
Hampton Inn Hazleton
#1 of 2 in West Hazleton
Ramada Hazleton
Ramada Hazleton
#6 of 8 in Hazleton

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Hazleton? Share your experiences!