“Inexpensive, friendly stay”

Mount Laurel Motel Hazleton
Mount Laurel Motel Hazleton
Ranked #1 of 1 Hazleton B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 19, 2013

This motel does not have all of the bells & whistles of a larger motel chain. It is an older motel with outdated décor. However, we received a clean room with a king size bed, microwave, refrigerator, tv with lots of channels, and free wifi. There was also free coffee in the lobby in the morning. We found the owner to be very hospitable and friendly. The motel was a quick drive to Jim Thorpe, Pa and the river gorge state park. We paid a AAA rate of only $32.99 per night and spent our days in the tourist areas of Jim Thorpe. I would definitely recommend this motel to anyone who is on a tight budget like we are. We enjoyed our stay and would return when in the area again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank peachgirlpa
There are newer reviews for Mount Laurel Motel Hazleton

Reviewed June 9, 2013

The Motel is priced for what you will get. Dirty outdated rooms with almost everything broken and not working properly. Upon checking in, the lobby smelled and the staff barely spoke any english. I would not suggest staying here to anyone.

Room Tip: No good rooms-Very dirty
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AmandaS72188
Reviewed November 3, 2012

As an insurance adjuster we sometime don't have a choice where to stay. But I have stayed in some pretty bad hotel in my days. But this place is a dump. But sleeping in a dump would be better then this hotel. The reviews are spot on this place. Wish I knew of this site before I paid. The drywall had holes punch in it and it looks like the owners tried to fix it themselves. The door is a inch off the floor. With a piece of carpet to cover the gap. I tossed the pillows and the burnt blanket on the floor and got my own out of the truck. Had to sleep with the light on to keep the bugs out of the room. No heat in the room good thing I brought along an electrical one one from Wal-mart. This has to be the worst hotel in PA. by far. I wore my flip flops even in the shower so my feet wouldn't touch the carpet. If I had to use one word to describe this place it would be "DUMP" I wouldn't even bring a drunken bar hoe back to this place! I even found a crack pipe under the mattress when I was looking for bed bugs!! KEEP ON DRIVING RIGHT BY!!!! There are some nice hotels about five miles north of here.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Tim S
Reviewed January 12, 2012

my family and friends planned our vacation from the pictures we saw in the brochure ..... RUN AS FAR AS you can from this place, when we arrive on Dec. 31,2011 tired and with a lots of kids hungry form a trip of 7 hrs... the lobby smell bad and decoration was like entering in the TWILIT zone in time, carpet and wall paper from the 70' even a cigarette machine from the 70' I start to said I don't like this but we went to our rooms, nasty, rim around the toilet, carpet soggy, we even found a shirt from other guest in the room, lights bulb didn't work, we left this place in such of hurry that you can even imagine, when we talk to front desk the lady chewing gum said ok, bye...... Don't recommend this place to nobody

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lizbeth S
Reviewed June 1, 2011

The pictures showing on this page are false... the rooms dont look this bright and clean in person. We stayed there last weekend and the rooms were dirty, filthy, stains on the walls, on the pillow, and toilet. The window in the bathroom was missing curtains, and the water from the sink was coming out brown. There was no picture hanging on the wall, and there were tons of bed bugs in our mattress! One was on our shirt and when we look at the mattress, it was black with bed bugs! And there was some strange board covering part of the wall next to us. It was a horrible night. I do not recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gigilovespandas
Reviewed October 24, 2010

I was on my way from Florida with my 2 sons to see my other son in Syracuse Newyork, whom had been in a freak accident while wrestling when we ran in to a awful snow storm we had no choice but to seek shelter so we ended up at this crappy hotel cold no hot water only 1 blanket sheets were stained with blood shower curtain was only a liner room smelled awful carpet was damp an filthy we had to sleep in our clothes ,the room door would not close all the way, so we had to put a chair their for security it was awful i would never want to have to stay here again i would rather sleep in a cold car .

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank denise246
Reviewed August 14, 2010

I was visiting nearby Eckley Miner's Village, a living history museum, and didn't want to spend a lot on motel accommodations. This is a really faded run-down motel in dire need of a makeover. The manager, from Gugurat, India, was friendly and later I met his family ... they invited me to sit and chat with them outside. However, the wallpaper/furniture was from the '70's ... the door was in dire need of painting ... there was only one lamp ... everything was cheap, such as the thin towels. An effort was made to clean the room but there were stains on the carpet and worse, stains inside the bedspread and and on the blanket. The air conditioner worked fine and the cable TV had scores of channels and the reception was fine. Over all, this is truly sub-standard and most American travelers would find this place unacceptable.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo