“Just What We Needed”
Review of Damon's Grill

Damon's Grill
Ranked #3 of 105 Restaurants in Hazleton
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Damon's Sports Bar and Grill in Hazleton, PA is a restaurant with amazing food, fantastic drinks and great times with friends! Famous for our ribs and mouth watering burgers, our menu has something exciting for everyone. We are open from 11am - 2am every day of the week. There is no better place to watch the big game than Damon's!
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn that is just a few steps away from Damon's. The restaurant offered a reduced rate for Fairfield Inn guests. Reduced rate and location were why we tried this restaurant. The food and service were excellent and the price was right. Exactly what we needed after a long day of driving.

1  Thank Jean W

Reviewed May 21, 2014

We were staying at the Fairfield Inn, mere steps away from Damon's. Never been to a Damon's before, but it was the kind of food we like -- casual, lot of choices. With huge screens everywhere and a wide open main dining room, I was concerned that it might be crazy noisy, but it wasn't. Now, we were at a table at the edge of the room, so I'm not sure if people in the middle might have found it noisy.
Hostess and crew at the front door were a bit frazzled as they had to manage a number of large groups, but once seated, we could forget their tension.

I enjoyed the reuben, their homemade chips, and especially the salted caramel vanilla cake.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Poorly managed. Mediocre food. Bad attitude. Glacial service. And so on. I would like to say something nice, but I can't think of a single thing. How's this? It's a sports bar and the TV worked. So, let's invent some excuses: It was a busy Saturday night? They were short staffed? The chef was out sick? I don't know what the problem was...but nothing went right. The bartender, a woman, was harassed behind belief. She was barely polite when cornered, but she tried hard...and successfully...to avoid eye contact with anyone at the bar who might distract her from her one mission...and I must say, I can't blame her. She worked alone behind the bar, trying to serve 40 people by herself while the manager did NOTHING for a very long time except fiddle with the remote for the televisions, which appeared to work fine, but he somehow ate up a half an hour gazing up at the screens while the increasingly impatient bartender was out flat with requests for drinks. Not good management. If he looked down instead of up, he would have seen that she was sprinting past him, badly needing another set of hands. And way too few people on the floor, until suddenly a conga line of wait staff marched out to beat the drums for someone's birthday. Where did all these people come from, and why were they not helping the floor/ bar staff??? And the food. Don't get me started. A half rack of baby back ribs consisted of four spare ribs hacked off the full rack..small, overdone and too expensive for $16. Greasy onion straws...gross. Not good. The hotel, the Fairfield Inn and Suites, recommended this place, and I have to say that while we might stay again at that hotel, we will most definitely NOT go back to Damon's.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

I know that does not sound thrilling, but trust me, it is! Standard club (hold tomatoes except july-oct.)(and always onions) on toasted rye. The bread was toasted PERFECT! If you a rye toast eater, you know how hard this to find. Toasted too much, it's hard. Too little, it can be gummy. This was perfect! Meats, cheese, lettuce and mayo were great. Very large place with numerous tv's. Not too "cavey" sound. Exceedingly bright (nothing to hide here!). Bacon Cheeseburger was cook as requested. As good as a burger gets. The fries were outstanding. But as good as everything was (did I mention the BEST EVER Club Sandwich {on toasted rye} the chocolate cake was more than enough for 2. Multi layered, with just a twinge of bitterness to 1 or 2 parts of frosting, with whipped cream and chocolate sauce drizzled on it. Light, fluffy, intense but not overdone (how do you say that with a piece of cake at least 5" high X 4" across), chocolatey, sweet, very moist. The atmosphere was light and friendly. The waitstaff was great (especially our waiter) and we were within 20 feet of people celebrating birthdays (as the drum and singing of said waitstaff led us to believe). When we arrived, it was very busy, but not noisy. Not quiet by any means, but not the "noise" of a "bar" you would expect. We were 25 feet from the actual bar. While if your intent was to eat, have a few, & watch a game, you would not be disappointed. If you went there to grab a late bite (9 pm when we arrived), you could gladly bring the family. No "bar" atmosphere in the dining room. I must say, it was a wonderful experience. The next time, we will be trying entrees, etc. (and maybe a club to go?). Very value priced, very clean, attentive waitstaff. Open to 2 am!

Reviewed April 24, 2014

If you're staying at the Fairfield, no need to go anywhere else. A fun sports-bar with better than average food - great menu variety, friendly staff and quality, generous drinks. Our party was very satisfied with a burger (can have it dozens of ways), a fish entrée and a great prime rib sandwich. Desserts are worth your while