“Typical sports bar”

Damon's Sports Bar & Grill
Ranked #1 of 103 Restaurants in Hazleton
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: If you're looking for high quality and personal service, you've come to the right place. At Damon's Sports Bar & Grill we will give you the attention and personal service you'll come to expect and enjoy. Damon's Sports Bar & Grill is family-owned and operated right here in Hazleton, PA. Since our company opened its doors in 2000, we’ve treated every customer like they were a part of our family. Other restaurants may offer similar food & entertainment, but our staff, food, entertainment and atmosphere are the best, and come with a personal touch. Damon's Catering We at Damon's are looking forward to catering your special occasion. When you hire us to prepare and coordinate the details of your event it gives you the chance to sit back, relax and be a guest at your own occasion without any worries.We cater every type of party and event to meet your needs with several menu options to fit any theme, insuring the best possible eating experience to compliment your special occasion. Please call us to specialize your menu . We offer on site catering, off site catering, full service catering and pick up packages available.
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

We had Prime Rib and ribs combo and fish fry with a few drinks. Noting to write home about but but bad either. Chain atmosphere

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Ate at Damon's because within walking distance of Fairfield Inn. Chili on nachos tasted like canned and not enough for all of the nachos...was disappointed. Service was good.

Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

I visited Damons while staying at the hotel behind the restaurant. I actually think this place would be better rated if the service was better. They have some good beers on tap and my salad was decent..it just seems like the staff is hanging in there and going through the motions..i probably would have went somewhere else based on other poor reviews, but if you want a drink and you are staying at the hotel then it is nice to not have to drive..

1  Thank Rkohl
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Just your average every day sports bar. Very standard food offerings and lots of tv's and beer. Patrons are loud and as the drinks flow the noise gets louder. Chose this restaurant because it was at the door of our hotel. Service was curt and sometimes surly. My wife was cut off several times in mid sentence. Calling her "honey" did not make it any better. As this was our last night on the road from Kissimmee we just wrote it off as being tired, and anxious to get home. Was great to head back to the hotel to get a good nights sleep.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Hard to explain how I feel about this Damon's. I had not been to one in a long time so after seeing a movie, we decided to eat there. The place was clean and the staff friendly. There were quite a few people eating there given it was only 3PM in the afternoon. Could be the holiday season. When in most restaurants either food is really good or bad. This was just blah x 4. Everything was consistantly blah. The salad was iceburg letluce only with carrots, croutons etc. I had creamy italian dressing and I never tasted dressing so plain. Had no taste at all. Maybe it was 'milked' down mayo. We both had 1/2 rack of ribs....they were tender but there was a sauce on top which led me to believe they put that on when they reheated them. I pushed the sauce off. Then I had mashed potatoes, same complaint. Just no taste and stiff like they were standing for a long time. And had the worse ice tea I ever had. It had 1 ice cube and so plain for lack of a better word. Guess I could use the word bitter. I added sweetener and sugar which didn't little to improve it. Again...to sum up , nothing was really bad - but nothing was really good. Since we ate the food and the place was clean, I gave it 3 stars. I'm generous.