“blah blah blah”

Damon's Sports Bar & Grill
Ranked #1 of 103 Restaurants in Hazleton
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: If you're looking for high quality and personal service, you've come to the right place. At Damon's Sports Bar & Grill we will give you the attention and personal service you'll come to expect and enjoy. Damon's Sports Bar & Grill is family-owned and operated right here in Hazleton, PA. Since our company opened its doors in 2000, we’ve treated every customer like they were a part of our family. Other restaurants may offer similar food & entertainment, but our staff, food, entertainment and atmosphere are the best, and come with a personal touch. Damon's Catering We at Damon's are looking forward to catering your special occasion. When you hire us to prepare and coordinate the details of your event it gives you the chance to sit back, relax and be a guest at your own occasion without any worries.We cater every type of party and event to meet your needs with several menu options to fit any theme, insuring the best possible eating experience to compliment your special occasion. Please call us to specialize your menu . We offer on site catering, off site catering, full service catering and pick up packages available.
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Hard to explain how I feel about this Damon's. I had not been to one in a long time so after seeing a movie, we decided to eat there. The place was clean and the staff friendly. There were quite a few people eating there given it was only 3PM in the afternoon. Could be the holiday season. When in most restaurants either food is really good or bad. This was just blah x 4. Everything was consistantly blah. The salad was iceburg letluce only with carrots, croutons etc. I had creamy italian dressing and I never tasted dressing so plain. Had no taste at all. Maybe it was 'milked' down mayo. We both had 1/2 rack of ribs....they were tender but there was a sauce on top which led me to believe they put that on when they reheated them. I pushed the sauce off. Then I had mashed potatoes, same complaint. Just no taste and stiff like they were standing for a long time. And had the worse ice tea I ever had. It had 1 ice cube and so plain for lack of a better word. Guess I could use the word bitter. I added sweetener and sugar which didn't little to improve it. Again...to sum up , nothing was really bad - but nothing was really good. Since we ate the food and the place was clean, I gave it 3 stars. I'm generous.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Theme restaurant. Food is typical chain. Portion fair. Price a bit high for portions. Service isn't best. Waiter got every item wrong. Letter to chain went unanswered. Poor experience for all the hype

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Fantastic sports bar. Lots of tvs, great sports theme. Food average. Nothing fancy. If you wanna go out to watch a sporting event, have a few beers, and get some food, this is the place. Absolutely. But for food quality and price, Damon's is just another Applebees or TGIF.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

This was once a fun, family-friendly restaurant strategically-placed near the main attractions and shopping centers in Hazleton. Unfortunately, after last night's experience, we will NEVER be going here again. Apparently, this Damon's location has not gotten the message that the economy is poor, gas prices are up, and people are not going out as much as they used to. This Damon's is satisfied with simply throwing away loyal, paying customers.

Just 1.5 years ago, we would come here with parties of 12-20 people to enjoy the atmosphere and celebrate birthdays, etc. This will never happen again, and this is mainly due to a very rude, completely arrogant staff...specifically the Manager (the person that Damon's Corporate Office is relying on to represent this facility and provide wonderful, inviting customer service in order to RETAIN customers--not throw them away). When we arrived, I watched the so-called hostess and greeters tell a nice, older gentleman that they could not seat his family, who had been sitting there waiting for some time until his "entire party is here." His response to this was that his daughter was in the car, and their baby was just waking up. I myself know what this is like...being the one with the sleeping baby in the car when everyone else was ready to eat. Anyway, they gave this man one of those blinky-things that vibrates when your table is ready and told him that his family could NOT be seated and had to be placed at the back of the line (after he had already been waiting for sometime). He was visibly upset and, when he questioned this told, "That is too bad. This is our policy."

Unfortunately, my party of four (4) was missing one person--my sister who had to work last night. We were supposed to get a table and order for her, and she would meet us there because she works nearby. I told the "Manager" that we had a party of three (3) now, and she had the audacity to ask me, "Are you sure there are three, not four, because I WILL BE WALKING THE FLOOR, AND I WILL KNOW." Can you believe this? Was this some sort of threat? What, will they throw you out if you have another person join your party later? I tried to explain the situation to the Manager, and the fact that we needed to make a movie, and she cut me off mid-sentence, and said, "That is NOT my problem!" To which, my husband (an off-duty cop who deals with miserable people like this every day) says, "What is with your attitude? There is no reason to talk like that to my wife! I want to speak to your manager!" So, she walks away, comes back, and says "Hi, I'm Nancy. I AM the Manager. Can I help you?" I have never before seen something this condescending and class-less at a restaurant, that is only in business BECAUSE of its loyal customers. And, she continued to scream in my husband's face about this not being her problem, so he told her that she was in the wrong business.

Fellow consumers, you do NOT go to Damon's for its wonderful food...or its reasonable prices. The food is mediocre, and WAY TOO pricey to begin with! We only went there because of the atmosphere and the fact that it used to be a fun place (with games and large TV screens). Now, the games are long gone and so is the courteous staff.

By the way, we went down the street to Applebees and got the best service we have ever had..and with a smile to boot. Another funny little tid-bit: when we thanked the waitress for being so good to us and serving us so quickly (especially after our experience at Damon's) she said, "Oh, I know, we get alot of Damon's customers here." After we mention the nasty staff, she says, "yeah, let me guess, her name was Nancy, wasn't it?" We just laughed. It turns out that this person is not only nasty to customers, but steals tips from her waitresses and staff. I am 100% disappointed in Damon's for hiring someone like this and continuing to employ her, even after numerous complaints to the Corporate Office. I have not yet been able to reach the Corporate Office (it just rings and rings then gives a beeping sound), but it sounds like it will be to no avail anyway.

To any of you going here, good luck. But, don't say I didn't warn you! Your better bet is to down the street at Applebees, where they actually put a rush on our meal and seated us almost immediately. And, their 2 for $20 deal is much more economical and palatable.

6  Thank Jamie L
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Trying to eat somewhat healthy foods while traveling, I ordered the salmon with diced pineapple salsa. It was delicious, which I did not expect in a chain known for its ribs! This restaurant is very noisy, due to the many large screen tvs blaring various sports events. If this doesn't bother you, don't be scared away if you are not a beef eater.