Ramada Hazleton
Comfort Inn(West Hazleton)
Forest Hill Inn(Hazleton)
  • Free Internet
View Hotel
Penn Terrace Motel(Beaver Meadows)
Residence Inn Hazleton(Hazleton)
View Hotel
All reviewscontinental breakfastmanager patrickroom was cleanvisit familyexcellent staypleasant stayroad tripprizewalmart
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 21, 2013

NOT a very good experience. I could never stay here again and would feel remiss if I allowed anyone else to stay here (without major improvement - see below).

The physical building needs work and my sense is that they must have a lot of vacancies. The entire hotel felt "dirty" and we were very uncomfortable with that. It also felt eerily unsafe,

We arrived late in the evening and went to our room to find mold growing in the sink (a sign that no one had been in the room for weeks/months) and a musty smell with the A/C off (hot rooms, allow more rapid mold growth). I tried to wash away the sink mold by turning the faucet on, only to find that I could not turn the water off. When I telephoned the front desk, they did come up and used brute force to somehow get the water off and gave us a new room (I specifically asked for a room that had been stayed in recently). Even the new room felt on the dirty side (particularly the carpet and bedding) and had no A/C on with the same musty smell (more mold growth brewing?). We were exhausted and had nowhere else to sleep, so we did our best, but it felt pretty disgusting.

The complimentary breakfast the next morning was equally disgusting and basically inedible (the cornflakes had turned color from age?). I noticed that even though we left around 9:30 AM, no one else seemed to have eaten the breakfast either. On the way out, we did eye the outdoor pool, which appeared clean, but we chose not to swim there.

The next morning I did recount my experiences with the manager, who was apologetic and literally gave me $20 in cash back. I suppose that made me feel a little better, but no matter how inexpensive, I could never permit anyone to stay there (not even my ex-wife).

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 6, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 17, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 25, 2013

As hotels go, it was O.k. Only stayed one night. Room was clean. Difficult time regulating shower temp. Toilet seemed to run forever after flush & no hot water for sink. ???
Matteress was too hard for me. Didn't stay for breakfast. My dogs give it a 2 paw rating.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo