“One big surprise”
Review of Ramada Hazleton

Ramada Hazleton
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Hazleton
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Outside hall was very stained. The room was large and had an extra table and ergonomic-type chair. This would be great for a business person. The floor along walls was very dirty - an edging or corner vacuum tool would do wonders. Rest of room was OK. The dial on the AC/heater could not be set. This was good, so we left it off because it was very noisy. The biggest surprise was the unit had the thickest and softest towels and facecloths we have ever seen in a 3 star hotel. The water pressure in the shower was wonderful. The choices at the continental breakfast were very limited - we went elsewhere.

2  Thank RON K

Reviewed October 30, 2012

October 2012 After reading a number of the reviews I wasn't going to stay here but after checking prices I changed my mind. I received a 15% discount for staying 2 nights, king size non-smoking room, 1st floor just inside the outer door; car parked right outside. Hotel was not busy. Our room and the bathroom was clean and had been remodeled. Neighboring guests were quiet. Microwave, coffeemaker, clock/radio, tv, and all lights worked well. Water pressure was a little low and hot water was hard to maintain temperature. Bathroom was small. Couldn't find an ice machine but the person at the front desk got our ice for us. Continental breakfast is standard so it was fine, staff kept it refilled. There was a party in the banquet room our first night but they did not disturb us at all. Restaurant and Lounge are not open on the weekend so we ate out in the evenings. We did not need to use A/C or heat--our room was comfortable probably due to the outside hallway insulating us from the dropping hurricane temperatures, wind and rain. I did not notice any bad smells or mold/mildew (I'm very allergic to everything so I would have picked up on this.) The sections of the hotel not being used were dark--I certainly understand saving energy and I didn't need to go to those areas for anything.

I would have no problems staying at this hotel again. Maybe it's new management or maybe we hit a good weekend (Hurricane Sandy was getting ready to hit the East coast). This was my first time staying at a Ramada and while it was an older hotel, there was nothing wrong that we couldn't live with.

1  Thank PDWJEW
Reviewed October 24, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Very happy with the service Patrick [the front desk rep.] gave me + my dog Sushi.The location is great+ the rooms was so comfortable it felt like being in my living room.It was like a home away from home.Very quiet and nice hot showers + enormous bathrooms.Comfortable beds and complitmentary breakfast.In my book it's a 5 star motel!!! Price was so reasonable + the comfort I felt made me stay another 5 days.I will recomend this motel to family + friends.

Room Tip: First floor was so so great
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2012

1  Thank Daniel 1
Reviewed October 19, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Soumi B
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The front desk was manned by a very pleasant, welcoming young woman. The beds were comfortable but don't look behind the furniture! Door casing in bathroom dirty, smudges or footprints on bathroom wall - not like the days of the original Ramadas.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CestyC
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hazleton
Red Roof Inn & Suites Hazleton
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 2 in West Hazleton
Pocono Resort Conference Center

Been to Ramada Hazleton? Share your experiences!