“Happy with stay.”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Hazleton
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Happy with stay.”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

October 2012 After reading a number of the reviews I wasn't going to stay here but after checking prices I changed my mind. I received a 15% discount for staying 2 nights, king size non-smoking room, 1st floor just inside the outer door; car parked right outside. Hotel was not busy. Our room and the bathroom was clean and had been remodeled. Neighboring guests were quiet. Microwave, coffeemaker, clock/radio, tv, and all lights worked well. Water pressure was a little low and hot water was hard to maintain temperature. Bathroom was small. Couldn't find an ice machine but the person at the front desk got our ice for us. Continental breakfast is standard so it was fine, staff kept it refilled. There was a party in the banquet room our first night but they did not disturb us at all. Restaurant and Lounge are not open on the weekend so we ate out in the evenings. We did not need to use A/C or heat--our room was comfortable probably due to the outside hallway insulating us from the dropping hurricane temperatures, wind and rain. I did not notice any bad smells or mold/mildew (I'm very allergic to everything so I would have picked up on this.) The sections of the hotel not being used were dark--I certainly understand saving energy and I didn't need to go to those areas for anything.

I would have no problems staying at this hotel again. Maybe it's new management or maybe we hit a good weekend (Hurricane Sandy was getting ready to hit the East coast). This was my first time staying at a Ramada and while it was an older hotel, there was nothing wrong that we couldn't live with.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PDWJEW

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Drums, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Very happy with the service Patrick [the front desk rep.] gave me + my dog Sushi.The location is great+ the rooms was so comfortable it felt like being in my living room.It was like a home away from home.Very quiet and nice hot showers + enormous bathrooms.Comfortable beds and complitmentary breakfast.In my book it's a 5 star motel!!! Price was so reasonable + the comfort I felt made me stay another 5 days.I will recomend this motel to family + friends.

Room Tip: First floor was so so great
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
FRANKLIN
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The front desk was manned by a very pleasant, welcoming young woman. The beds were comfortable but don't look behind the furniture! Door casing in bathroom dirty, smudges or footprints on bathroom wall - not like the days of the original Ramadas.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

1 Thank CestyC
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I had a very good stay that the Ramada in Hazleton, PA. I always travel with 2 dogs and it isn't easy to find a hotel that is reasonably priced and can accommodate me. Most of them don't have a microwave and refrigerator in them.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hazleton
Candlewood Suites Hazleton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hazleton
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 2 in West Hazleton

Been to Ramada Hazleton? Share your experiences!