“Run, don't walk away from this place!”
Review of Ramada Hazleton

Ramada Hazleton
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Hazleton
Bluffton, South Carolina
“Run, don't walk away from this place!”
Reviewed September 25, 2011

From the parking lot to the room, there is no pride of ownership at this hotel. Filthy carpets lined the stairs and hallways, freshened only by a carpet-fresh type powder sprinkled on them every day. The sheets on the beds are too small, thus, there are holes on all corners and the blanket had holes in it too. Had to have the housekeeper come into the room and reclean the bathroom before we would even consider using the toilet. We sprayed the carpet and bathroom floor with Lysol everyday and wiped down the TV remote, phone, lamps, etc., before using any of these items. The PA floods in the area have forced many people to have to find lodging so all hotels in the area were full. The "free" in-room WIFI worked for only 2 days; "free" breakfast was pitiful so we went out everyday; and, as others have said, the hallways are very dark. Note: this hotel was NOT affected by the floods; therefore, the dirty and unkempt conditions of this place are indicative of the way management maintains the property.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank 2tsquared

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Just to start the landscaping of this inn was not kept up with at all, there's a side walk way from the parking lot that leads you to the other side of the inn and at night it's very dark as well as some of the hallways are very dark making me feel as if I should have some mace on hand.. The soda machine didn't work, we get to our room after being switched due to the battery out on the first room door lock and the room is dusty a few webs with friends, when I reach the bathroom the toilet water was yellow , the shower was cruddy stained pinkish, dirty tub along with a few hairs from down under(eewww)so I clorox scrubbed the bathroom, requested a change of towels searched the bed for any creepy crawlers basically I detoxed the room and then I felt better..My advise to them keep the inn clean and bright.

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank Vgirl0824

Travelers are raving about these Hazleton hotels

Washington DC
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Stayed here to avoid Hurricane Irene. Look, this is a cheap 2 star hotel, so I'm not sure what people expect here. But as a 2 star joint, it is fine. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Front desk staff saw we had 3 kids and lots of luggage and helped us carry it to our upstairs room. The property is older and a bit run down, but the rooms were fine. Beds comfortable and clean. Shower had excellent water pressure. Wifi internet access was free, fast and reliable. Coffee maker in room worked. Not sure what else you want. The property is a bit run-down and older, which means damaged/stained carpets and torn wall paper and stuff. But the place was clean and the rooms are cheap enough, so who cares?

Because of the very unusual inside/outside layout -- with windows that look into the hallway -- we expected it to be noisy as all get out. Especially since the hotel was sold out. But it wasn't. We had a nice, restful stay and moved on.

Nice big swimming pool. But pool area is beat up and kind of dingy. Also, not good for small kids. No real shallow end, and no way to enter except by metal ladder or jumping in.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank andrewevandc
Reviewed August 30, 2011

The staff was very accommodating as I arrived late (10 PM) on the Saturday night of Irene. Fortunately I had made my reservation the day before because by the time I arrived, they were completely full with people from NY and NJ who were evacuating from the hurricane. The staff was pleasant and helpful that night and the next morning at the very busy continental breakfast. I was particularly pleased with the noon checkout as I was waiting for the storm to pass as I continued my journey south to DC.

• Stayed August 2011
Chambly, Canada
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Smelly and run-downed. This was by far the worst place we stayed in. I am not the complains king here, but this place was terrible. Toe nail clippings by the bed, mildew on the shower curtain, and the SMELL!!! While swimming the the so-called pool, I found a broken glass IN it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank lephotog
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Let's start by saying the place had 3 cars in the whole lot when we pulled in.. We then had a room that was facing the pool and we walked threw rly nasty hallways to get there... We open our room and we couldn't breathe it smelled so bad.. Went to take a shower and u have to put the light on a timer or it will shut off.. Max 15 mins. The sink wouldn't turn off it was broke.. The sheets had stains everywhere.. There are 2 outlets in the whole room and you need to have the lights on to use them.. They have a rly nice pool that no one swims in.. Just is so gross.. I would rather sleep in a tent in the woods then there!!!! Do not stay there!!!

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Chris2053
Batavia, New York
Reviewed August 20, 2011

I booked a 1 night stay that turned into a horrible experience. He charged me for a 2nd night because he claimed someone from my room said we are staying a extra night. He confused it with the room on the floor above us, supposedly so he said. Then he claimed he took off the room charge and when I got home my bank account was charged twice and now they don't believe me and I have to get the police involved. Please consider staying somewhere else with less headaches. The breakfast in the morning was not fresh and cold also.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank middletwofingers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hazleton
Red Roof Inn & Suites Hazleton
#1 of 2 in West Hazleton
Residence Inn Hazleton
Residence Inn Hazleton
#2 of 8 in Hazleton

Been to Ramada Hazleton? Share your experiences!