“Love it”

Residence Inn Hazleton
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Hazleton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times and must admit, it is awesome. The only problem is the people that stay on the weekends or are forced off the road in a snowstorm. These "one shot wonders" as I call them really disgrace this hotel. They are rude, loud any very annoying to those of us who are used to hotel stays. And one thing this Residence Inn has it all.
The rooms are very well equipped, the breakfast is amazing and complimentary, as well as wifi. The old saying is "you get what you pay for" and at this Residence Inn you certainly get your moneys worth.Thank you to the awesome staff as well, who always remember me.

Room Tip: Rooms w higher numbers
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank beachparty1

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I spend 100 to 150 nights a year in hotels. I try to stay in places like the Residence Inn because I can stretch out, do paperwork and eat in comfortably when I want to. I stay at RI's all over the country and this RI is one of the best kept (clean and well maintained) that I have stayed at. The neighboring rooms doors do close a little loud but the place gets quiet fairly early. It's back from the main roads so you don't hear truck traffic, and the outdoor amenities are very nice. I recommend this place to all my associates and most of them come over and stay regularly.

Room Tip: The breakfasts are great, people are great, the evening bonus is a plus.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank T_Todd_57
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I read the reviews of other travelers and one thing I cannot disagree on is the fact that the rooms are beautifully decorated. It is very warm and inviting. The staff was VERY friendly. We got a surprise upgrade that was greatly appreciated. I would love to go back to visit. Breakfast was very good. My only complaint is that it is about 45 mins. away from the outlets. I LOVE shopping so I didn't like the distance. The hotel was wonderful!!! Please do yourself a favor and try it out!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank BrendaK81
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed at this Residence Inn in Hazleton PA. while traveling home from our Christmas holidays in N.C., The rooms appear to be very large and clean but if you want a good nights sleep the walls are paper thin, it's almost like the people in the next room are sleeping with you.
Furthermore, when my wife complained to the front desk manager the next morning, she was treated rudely, embarrassed and humiliated in front of other guest. One would expect to have less then perfect accomodations in a hotel that was perhaps $80.00 per night, but when you pay over $200.00 per night, one would expect better. We did receive our money back for the room but the final insult from the manager stating "we do not need people like YOU here" went far beyond the satisfaction of a refund.
As a frequent traveler and past patron, It's obvious the Marriot Hotel chain does not want any of my future business, which suits me fine as there are many other Hotel chains that will welcome my business.
Signed,
Dennis G. Porter

Room Tip: Stay away !
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Dennis P
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Last time here was a less than satisfying experience as I recounted but our most recent return was wholly improved and I have nothing negative whatsoever to report.
Your obvious question to me would be,"Why return to a hotel where you were dissatisfied?" The reason being its location suits the driving distance we are comfortable with.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JackAugsbury
Reviewed November 7, 2012

This hotel was really great to stay at for a weekend getaway. The decor of the room was just beautiful. I loved the colors in the room and hallways. The living area of the studio room was huge. It had plenty of chairs, desk and Flat screen tv. The kitchen was like a top of the line condo with all the bells and whistles.. The bed was so comfortable as well. The housekeeping crew keeps the room very clean. The hotel was clean in the common areas. We used the pool one evening and it was clean there too. Breakfast was the normal type that you get at Marriott hotels but the staff was friendly and helpful. I would definitely come back to this hotel. We were able to travel to Jim Thorpe for the train ride, the Yuengling Brewery, and Blue Mtn for a fall festival. We went to Damon's sport bar that was close as well.

Room Tip: If your in the area I would stay at this hotel. Its like a condo not a hotel room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Jebr2010
Reviewed October 19, 2012

My boss travels to the area on business at least 3 times each month. There is no other place that compares to the excellent service he receives at the Residence Inn. The staff treats him like family that is happy to see him each time he arrives. He especially enjoys the opportunity to exercise in the morning and the breakfast buffet is perfect for someone on the go. Traveling on business as he does, he has the opportunity to stay at different places along the way, but he truly enjoys his stays at the Residence Inn. I am instructed to make his reservations months in advance because he prefers the Residence Inn over any other hotel in this area.

Room Tip: even number rooms have a nice view and quiet
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Donna P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hazleton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hazleton
3 mi away
Hampton Inn Hazleton
Hampton Inn Hazleton
#1 of 8 in Hazleton
3 mi away
Candlewood Suites Hazleton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe
Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)
Courtyard Wilkes-Barre Scranton/Arena

Been to Residence Inn Hazleton? Share your experiences!