“"A Perfect Lunch"”

Ranked #4 of 49 Restaurants in Hawley
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Whether you are looking for lunch, dinner, a late night snack, or just meeting friends after work, we've got something for everyone at the Boat House!
Reviewed August 30, 2013

It's always special when you happen upon a restaurant on your travels that is this good. The weather was perfect, the view of the local lake from the outdoor seating area was lovely, and everyone on the serving staff was warm, friendly, and helpful. The food was excellent. I can happily recommend the Sweet Thai Chicken Sandwich and the Grilled Salmon & Asparagus Salad. It is easy to imagine that anything on this extensive and appealing menu is as carefully prepared and as delicious as the two selections mentioned. I left the restaurant regretting that it was not a neighborhood restaurant of mine that I could easily return to again and again.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

There are several options for seating. We chose the indoor main dining room, which has a nice ambience. The outdoor screened porch also seemed nice. The bar area, while giving you a distant view of the lake, is a bit noisy for a quiet dinner. The food was good. The service was excellent.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

This was our second time eating at this restaurant and we loved it both times. We did not order anything fancy, my husband and I both had wonderful entrée salads and my three daughters had chicken tenders. The banana bread they served before dinner was wonderful! The salads were very good - and we also ordered wings as an appetizer. Our waitress warned us that the regular wings are HOT - and said we might want to opt for mild . . . but we did not listen to her and we ordered the regular wings. And, she was right - - they were HOT and delicious!! Best part was that we had only been here once before - a year ago - and our waitress totally remembered us! She even remembered bits and pieces of our conversation from last year - felt like we were really WELCOME there! We will DEFINITELY be back!!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Saturday night we took the first available and were of course stuck in the bar. We decided to order like we were at a bar and got the burgers. Service was ok and burger was ok. We would have really liked the restuarant seating. Like I sad nothing special about the food or the service. We also came back on thurs night for the sushi. Again it was a bit of a mess to sit in the restaurant. We opted for the bar and ordered sushi and apps. The fried green beans are really good. The sushi was pretty good. So for the apps we had it was good food. Service was not to great as waitress seemed lost. Some people seem to love this place, I am not sure why. It was OK and good for apps we did not try the dinner menu. I would go back for a sandwich or an appetizer, probably not a meal.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We have been coming to the area for 3 1/2 years now as weekend warriors. We have been to this restaurant serveral times. After our last visit we will not be going back for a while. There aren't many places to eat in the area so we have put up with their service during our visits there. Our first time there it was good but slowly has gotten worse. Our last visit I ordered a drink from the bar that I ended up sending back because it tasted like chemicals ( I have never done that in my life before). My husband ordered a well done burger and received a medium rare burger. It was really red in the center and to be honest I don't know how he ate it. He was really hungry and didn't want to cause any issues so he decided not to send it back. He realized I would of sat there letting my food get cold while I waited for his food to cooked for to arrive. After he finished the burger the waitress came over (didn't stop in once while we were eating) and asked about the burger. She then informed us that there was a mix up in the kitchen and she gave him the wrong burger. I realize mistakes happen but it seems like the service gets worse and worse there.