“Excellent Anniversary Trip!!”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hawley B&B and Inns
PA
“Excellent Anniversary Trip!!”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

My husband and I were looking to go somewhere for our 2nd wedding anniversary and since it was in the fall, we wanted to go somewhere that we could see the fall foliage. We are so happy we found this place! It is in a little town called Hawley, PA. When you walk in you feel so welcomed and cozy. The lady at the desk ( i forgot her name) even walked us up to our room. We booked a package that included 2 nights in a room with a queen size bed that included 2 drink vouchers, a $20 gift certificate to cocoon coffee house, breakfast each morning and dinner the night of our choice.

let me first comment on the food at this place....amazing!!!!! everything is fresh. they are a farm to table restaurant and it is some of the best food we have ever had. breakfast was delicious- we both had eggs and home fries and birdseed toast, coffee, juice, banana bread etc. the dinner however...was just superb! we each got an appetizer, dinner and dessert. they change the menu based on what is available that time of year but we had some outstanding dishes.

the cocoon coffee house was awesome too. very cozy place with lots of books for you to read if you wish- very rustic! their food was also delicious. it is not far from the inn. it is by the "hawley silk mill" which has a few shops to visit including this little food shop where they have locally made foods- this is where we bought some of the birdseed bread to take home!

the inn itself is very rustic and cozy. when you walk in you feel like you are in someones home. they have tea and coffee there in the morning if you just want to grab a cup and sit downstairs- we did that for about an hour one morning. the room was a little small but we didn't mind. they also have a little snack room on the second floor where they have snacks like trail mix and a keurig machine with cold milk and creamer for coffee/tea...and it is open all the time. there is a deck outside and a beautiful garden area. we just fell in love with this place and didn't want to leave!
We also visited lake wallenpaupack even though it was pretty chilly while we were there...it is beautiful. bring your camera!

Room Tip: you can hear people outside the room but we weren't bothered by it. and there was a wedding part...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Tiffany R, Manager at Settlers Inn, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and visiting several of our businesses. We look forward to greeting you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
NYC
Reviewed November 27, 2013

My Dad, a WWII veteran, and my Mom stayed overnight during the Veteran's Day weekend. The Settlers Inn had a promotional that let veterans stay free for a night. They said they had a wonderful night's stay. We've paid for them to stay overnight in the past and they've always had a great time. We've eaten there several times and their restaurant is top notch too. Their Christmas events are coming up and we regret that we won't be able to go. It is a beautiful inn.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EC218
Springfield, Ohio, United States
Reviewed November 15, 2013

My recent visit to Settlers found that they could not accommodate my 4 night stay without moving me from one room to another after two nights. This in and of itself was not the problem. It was that they did not advise me of cost difference between the two rooms of $31.00 per night. Furthermore, I paid this higher fee both nights for the privilege of listening to their "drunken" bar patrons. As a business person, I would have expected this knowledge up front so I could have made an "informed" decision if I wanted to accept their offer. I'm considering another B&B for both of my December and following May trips.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms on the first floor unless you want to be up until after midnight listening to t...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Jay A
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Settlers Inn was a very pleasant surprise at the end of our trip. Very nice room at a fair price. Excellent menu and wine list. Friendly and helpful staff. Grounds could use a little TLC, but it was the off season and that's a minor complaint when measured against the totality of our experience.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank TMonk260
Tenafly, New Jersey
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I think I would've gave this place a better review if it wasn't for the extra $40 I was charged for my 3 1/2 yr old daughter.

I purposely booked a bigger room (King) so she can sleep on the same bed as us, but they kept insisting that I need to pay extra $40 for having her in the room.

The argument they made was that I booked using a voucher and that it was booked for 2 people. I tried to reason with them that I understand that, but we drove for 3 hours to get here and that we're being put at a spot where I can't back out on the voucher nor back out on staying there.

So basically, we pretty much felt like we're being forced to cough up extra $40 by them counting my child as a full grown adult. And that didn't even sound like a number that was stated anywhere, it was some random number that managers came up with after the clerk talked on the phone with management.

Again, I wish they were a bit more flexible about visitor's situations instead of deciding to put charges on everything that they can.

Room Tip: noise level between floors are pretty loud, get the highest floor if you can. If you have kids and...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank MinHur
Huntingdon Valley
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We had been to Settlers Inn last fall and decided to treat our daughter and son-in-law to a first anniversary get away weekend. We had two king bed rooms - 204 and 206. The weather was fabulous. the hospitality superb and the food fresh and delicious. We cannot wait to do it again.

Room Tip: We stayed in a queen bed room last year and a king bed room this year. I highly recommend the king b...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kira S
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 10, 2013

The Settler's Inn ran a promotional in observance of Veteran's Day. They were providing a free night's stay this evening to active military personnel and veterans. Unfortunately, we were unable to stay at the last minute due to illness. We were very disappointed since we were hoping to stay at the inn once again; our first stay was very pleasant. John was very understanding and helpful when we had to share the news that we would be unable to stay at the inn. I would just like to take this moment to thank the management and staff of the inn for their generosity in taking the time to recognize the dedication and efforts of our military.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawley
Greshams Lake View Motel
Cove Haven Resort
Cove Haven Resort
#1 of 2 in Lakeville
Woodloch Pines Resort

Been to Settlers Inn? Share your experiences!