Settlers Inn
$838
Cove Haven Resort(Lakeville)
$162
  • Pool
Lake Mocatek Inn(Lakeville)(Great Value!)
$95
Wayne Inn(Honesdale)
$74
TripAdvisor
Ledges Hotel(Hawley)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbreakfast was includedcomplimentary wine tastingnext morningsteak and eggspiano musicsmoked troutno elevatorlarge fireplacearts and craftsdining roomtwo nightsroaring firea wonderful staythird floorhawley pasitting areasister property
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This was our second visit to this "Inn" located in the Poconos. Our first visit was in the spring. The weather did not cooperate. We encountered some angry lightning. The power went out. We were offered a room at a resort high in the hills. It was much better than the Settlers Inn.

We returned a few days ago to visit my step-daughter and her husband.No electrical problems this time, but the smoke detector decided to keep us awake. It was ably assisted by the bed designed for a contortionist. The place could also use some sound deadening insulation.

The next day, I opted for a mid morning nap. We were on the second floor. How was I to know that, unbeknownst to us, they were going to paint the windows. This necessitated having the painter stand on the roof outside our window. I was awakened by that eerie feeling one gets when being secretly watched.. So much for the nap.

To end on an up note, let me say that the breakfast was fabulous. I had the trout and eggs one day and french toast the 2nd.

Next time, I believe we will stay at the Ledges overlooking the falls. It is affiliated with the Settlers Inn but is newer with more modern decor. For an extra $25 per night, 2 people can enjoy the breakfast at the Inn. There is a restaurant at the Ledges, but is limited to a bar and various tapas-like dishes. Quite the tasty treat!

Room Tip: Take a room overlooking the garden instead of the street.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Alan C
settlersinn, Owner at Settlers Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy most of your recent stay with us at The Settlers Inn. Several businesses in the area lost power during that weekend in the Spring, and we used all of our resources to locate guests to comparable lodging establishments that still had power. Unfortunately, some of those destinations were some distance from the inn (20-30 minutes) due to the lack of power in our area.

Typically, we hear rave reviews about our expertly-fluffed, feather-top beds – but they are not for everyone. Our front desk and housekeeping attendants are more than happy to remove the feather-top from the bed, should you so choose – all you must do is ask.

The Settlers Inn is a Historic Hotel of America, having been built in the 1920s. We are constantly doing renovations, but also maintaining the historic integrity of our building. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Breakfast at The Settlers Inn is quite the sought-after meal. We have a fantastic selection of breakfast items, including Blooming Grove Trout and Eggs, Amaretto and Vanilla French Toast, and Rustic Grains (our housemade four grain oatmeal). We are glad you enjoyed it!

Ledges Hotel is our sister property, also located in the town of Hawley. It overlooks the beautiful falls of Wallenpaupack Creek, and combines modern style through adaptive design and historical preservation of the historic O'Connor Glass Factory which operated at the Ledges Hotel facility in the 1890's. Guests of Ledges Hotel are invited to join us for breakfast at The Settlers Inn for $12.50 per person.

We appreciate your feedback and thank you for the opportunity to constantly improve our properties.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

My husband and I wanted to get away for our first anniversary and after a lot of research on B&B's in the Pocono area, we decided on the Settler's Inn. We booked two nights in a Deluxe King Room (with fireplace and jet tub). When we got there (after driving for 3 hours), they didn't even have a basic King room available. We were extremely disappointed. The first night, they put us in a Queen room with a tub and then we changed rooms on the 2nd day so we could get the King Deluxe Suite that we had booked months prior. Most of staff was very apologetic about the whole situation (especially Jamie) and the Owner of the Inn discounted both nights for us, and gave us champagne and lunch on them. Besides the room fiasco, the Settlers Inn was everything I had hoped it would be. It was VERY clean and modern, but still maintained it's rustic charm. The breakfast was also delicious both mornings. If we were to ever go to the Settler's Inn again, we would definitely call to confirm our room choice before we got there.

Room Tip: Room 209 was the biggest and nicest room we saw.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We spent two nights at the Settler's Inn when we drove from Minnesota to the Pocanos for a family wedding. We had room 303, which offered a very comfortable Queen size bed with fluffy featherbed, a window seat and extra seating area with chair and loveseat. Though the promised chocolates were never seen, and the cheese other people found in their rooms was not ever delivered to ours, we very much enjoyed our stay. The gardens are beautiful and the grounds are just gorgeous, there is seating outside and wandering around in encouraged. People attending the wedding occupied all 21 rooms of the hotel, and many more stayed at the nearby Ledges Hotel as well.

We were there for a wedding that took place at a beautiful country church nearby and the reception, held in the huge tent in the back of the hotel. Though we weren't impressed with the food served at breakfast, the food served downstairs at the cocktail party before the reception, as well as the food served at the reception was exceptional and beautifully presented! The tent proved to be elegant and quite roomy, with a wood dance floor in the center and plenty of room for the band. The wait staff was pleasant and very efficient in serving everyone, and the tables were beautifully set.

On Sunday morning, a brunch was served, also downstairs in the Inn for everyone that attended the wedding and that was beautifully done. We found the staff friendly and helpful, and to ditto something others have mentioned, watch out for the bed frame! The staff member that took us to our room warned us, but we still both banged our legs on it. All in all, though it is pricey, we really enjoyed our two night stay and would recommend it to others looking for an escape

Room Tip: We had a room on the 3rd floor and found it much more quiet than those on the 2nd floor, but part of that had to do with the hairdressers who came early Saturday morning to get the wedding party ready.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We had a nice time here. However, a few drawbacks. First, the staff was not exceptional by any means, as others have rated them to be the best. We had the bamboo room, not by choice. The bed frame sticks way out and my husband hurt his leg on it. The shower has NO water pressure at all. The room was clean and bed lines were very nice. Didn't see any ice on the floors and we did have to buy a bottle opener since it seemed like such an inconvenience when I asked to borrow one. The dinner we had was delicious! I do agree the food was good! We will not be returning though.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2012

After a long stint on working too hard and not taking a vacation for about 2 years, I decided on spending a week in a quiet bed and breakfast to unwind and re-group. The Settler's Inn proved to be the ideal spot. Was there for a week, and enjoyed every minute. Having a great breakfast every morning while overlooking the fish pond was absolutely picturesque. Reading, even working on music in the beautiful garden was about as peaceful as it gets. Dinner on the veranda watching the sun set over the garden and the "Potting Shed", the gift shop outside the hotel was breathtaking. A walk down to the stream behind the shop was another great way to spend time relaxing.
I enjoyed dinner every night at the hotel, and the smell of the fireplace in the lobby was fantastic. My room was beautifully decorated and very comfortable, and I took full advantage of the fireplace and whirlpool tub. The beds are ridiculously comfortable.
I have only great things to say about the friendly staff, the immaculate upkeep of the property and the price.
FYI, I tried to book my stay at the Woodloch Resort and Spa, but they didn't have anything available. Just to see what I may have been missing, I took a trip over to the Woodloch Spa just to take a peek at the rooms and facilities. Although they were wonderful, I wouldn't trade them for my lovely time at The Settler's Inn!

Room Tip: The rooms on the back of the hotel overlook the garden.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo