“Highly recommend!”

and 1 more site!
Settlers Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hawley B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We just got married at the Settlers Inn. The service could not have been better! The location is beautiful. The food was great. And, again, the service was impeccable! The little details made our wedding extremely special! I would highly, highly recommend!

As to the rooms, the rooms were very clean and comfortable. All of our guests were raving about the Settlers Inn.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Settlers Inn

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We were up in the area for a camp visit, and stayed over a weekend in peak summer. The inn is beautiful, well maintained, and all of the employees are lovely and friendly people. The rooms are adorable, the garden is incredible, and the bar has a great selection of beer, wine and cocktails. The restaurant is very good too, emphasizing local ingredients which I certainly appreciate, and I was pleasantly surprised to learn that our breakfast was free since we were staying at the inn! My only complaint was that on a busy Saturday night, they didn't have enough bus people clearing glasses that the people wandering away from the bar were leaving outside and in other parts of the hotel, so there were dirty glasses all over the place by the end of the night. But, that is really a minimal issue. I highly recommend the Settlers Inn as a destination in the Poconos!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank msinoway
settlersinn, Owner at Settlers Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Thank you for joining us at our inn. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to greeting you again in the future.

In our Chestnut Tavern, we focus on Pennsylvania craft beers, as well as many other small micro breweries across the globe. Our wine list has won the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence for the past 11 years. Cocktails at the inn change seasonally, displaying our mixologists' creativity year-round.

In the main dining room, we take extra care to use the freshest ingredients from local farms in our dishes. Breakfast is no exception - just sample our local heirloom tomato and poached egg caprese salad!

We do apologize for the flurry of activity on Saturday night - we actually served over 200 guests that evening! We are constantly striving to increase guest satisfaction and our service standards, and we appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

We were welcomed by a warm staff and snack. Our room was small but all we needed. There was a lot of sunlight in the morning, which woke us up early. We didn't mind because we stumbled down to a delicious breakfast complete with baked treats, endless coffee and a full breakfast. I loved the prairie style furniture and design consistent throughout the inn - from the hardwood bathroom floors to the old church pew chairs in the dining room. It made for a relaxing break from the steel and concrete of New York City.

We borrowed bikes right from the porch of the Inn and walked the lake. It was a perfect get-away with a wonderful 'home away from home' in-between our outings.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stayed mid week for two nights. Rm 215 was small but the room was clean and the bathroom was nicely appointed. Our included breakfasts were very good and we had a wonderful dinner one evening. I had a tempura battered zucchini flowerette stuffed with a delicious cheese. My husband enjoyed chicken breast dinner. the appetizer of tomatoes with mozzarella cheese and basil was excellent and the spring salad was presented in an exceptional manner. My husband had a delicious chicken soup. the portions were extrememly healthy and we had no room for dessert. The staff is very friendly and suggested scenic drives, the silk mill and the boat cruises. We enjoyed the Lake cruise and visiting the Hawley silk mill. we would definitley stay here again as the food is excellent. There are no elevators so you must be able to climb steps to get to the second floor. the Potting shed is an intersting shop to visit while touring the summer garden., I was amazed at the numbers of butterflies attracted to the tall summer flowers.

Room Tip: Keep in mind that it is an inn so some of the doorways are smaller than usual, If you are large bo...
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Our stay only lasted one night and one day because of the severe weather and we had to leave the Inn and stay at the Comfort Inn. We will definitely go back especially around christmas if rooms are available.
This place was relaxing and eloquent. Breakfast was made from fresh produce and was very good. The staff were very friendly and the room 210 was clean and provided a great view of the beautiful garden.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a garden view.
1  Thank Bigpapi_yankeefan
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Our stay was vice nice. The first room we were shown was tiny. They brought us up to a larger room, which was perfect. They should merge that first room with another, it was way too small. The grounds are beautiful. A pefect place to relax. The restaurant is very good both for dinner and breakfast. We booked the horseback riding package. Don't miss it. This stable is one of the best run stables I've ever gone to. Excellent, clean, well natured horses on beautiful grounds. Friendly knowledgeable staff.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

I have never written anything like this before. I am not one to complain and am generally an easy-going person. In fact, I didn't utter a word about this to anyone, except my husband, during our recent stay at The Settlers Inn.

We were extremely dissapointed in our room. We stayed at the Inn on Sat., July 14th for one night. We reserved room 217 many months in advance. I thought I was "lucky" to secure a Sat night reservation before our kids' camp visiting day. The description of room 217 directly from the website notes the following - ".. private bath with deep soaking tub". What a lie!! Not only is there is no deep soaking tub in room 217, but the shower/tub was moldy, mildewy and was so disgusting, it looked like it hadn't been cleaned in weeks, or at least not since the last guest left. My husband had to clean it out before I took a shower. I couldn't even keep my eyes open while I took allowed myself a 2 second shower because the sight of moldy caulking around the tub, walls and window was repulsive.

I would like to add that we did enjoy a delicious dinner in the Inn's restaurant Sat night. It would have been even lovelier if I was able to fall asleep that night. However, the sound of the piano playing until 10:30? 11:00? 11:30? kept me up well until after the restaurant closed. Perhaps someone could have warned me that room 217 is directly above the piano and I would need ear plugs to fall asleep to drown out the music?

Finally, the website indicates that "...guests of The Settlers Inn have discounted privileges at... the Woodloch Springs Sports Complex (about 20 minutes from the Inn). Hours of operation and passes may be obtained at the front desk throughout your stay". When I asked at check-in about the possibility of using the Woodloch Sports Complex, the woman at the front desk looked at me as if I had three heads, stating that it clearly wouldn't apply to a Sat in July. Perhaps the Inn should forewarn others fools like me and note something as simple as "may not apply during peak periods, such as weekends in the Summer".

Room Tip: Don't even think about room 217! And a room off the main room is a good idea.
3  Thank amy r
settlersinn, Owner at Settlers Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

During the months of July and August, the weekends are commonly referred to as “Camp Weekends”, since parents are driving in from across the US to visit their children at sleep away camp. There are numerous camps in our area, the Pocono Mountains, and thus the rooms are booked months in advance. We currently have two night minimums during in season weekends throughout the summer and early fall, but sometimes room cancellations do free up rooms for one night stays. Needless to say, this time period in the Poconos is very similar to a visiting day at many colleges and universities.

We apologize if you were misinformed regarding the passes for the Woodloch Springs Sports Complex – they are available to guests at all times, regardless of in-season/off-season weekends. They may be obtained at the front desk for $12.50 per person. The Sports Complex is a state-of-the art fitness and aquatic center, which offers a wave-less indoor pool, whirlpool, sauna, private steam rooms, as well as cardiovascular and strength-training equipment. We also provide discounted passes to Lake Region Fitness, a full-service gym that features cardio, free weights, and exercise classes. They may be obtained at the front desk for $8 per person.

In order to preserve the historic integrity of the Inn, some of the guest rooms are located above the main dining room. Piano music begins around 6pm on Friday and Saturday nights, and concludes at 10pm at the latest. Most guests love being lulled to sleep by our piano player’s tinkling of the keys, and frequently request these rooms.

We perform regular maintenance on all of our rooms, including the bathrooms. We have inspected room 217 again, and are happy to report there is no mold or mildew to be found at this time. The tub in room 217 is, in fact, a deep soaking tub. This deluxe queen room is also equipped with a shower, sitting area, and fireplace. It is one of our most requested and sought-after rooms. We suggest bringing any questions, comments and concerns to the front desk and innkeepers immediately, in order to maximize guest satisfaction.

We appreciate your patronage and feedback, and hope that you will join us for future stays.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawley
Greshams Lake View Motel
#1 of 2 in Lakeville
The French Manor Inn and Spa
The French Manor Inn and Spa
#1 of 2 in South Sterling

Been to Settlers Inn? Share your experiences!