“great solo getaway to relax and recharge”

The Lodge at Woodloch
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Hawley
“great solo getaway to relax and recharge”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I stayed at woodloch lodge for 3 days 2 nights in november. Had a great time. All of the food was excellent (except for the cobbler, trust me...). the place was beautiful. spa was very tranquil and clean. the art classes were a surprising high point, especially a 1 on 1 mandala drawing class. Water aerobic classes were fun,although the pool is a bit deep (4 1/2 ft) for someone whose only 5 feet tall. ballet barre class was fun.

my only real complaints are very minor. i felt the dining room was a bit overly formal, with waiters filling your water every 5 minutes and bringing me new spoons and such! it was nice, just seemed a bit over the top for my casual style. also, it seemed like being solo was a rarity here, mostly couples and girlfriends. people were friendly enough, and the staff even attempted to seat me with another single at dinner which was nice. But i definitely felt a bit out of place. at another spa, i felt more comfortable being solo than i did here.

i had a stone massage which was a nice treat. and the outdoor infinity whirlpool was also great. overall, this trip did exactly what i wanted, it gave me time to myself to relax and be healthy and take care of me for a change.
i do wish their was a bathing suit dryer, and that the nuts :in the whisper lounge were offered elsewhere.
but i would definitely go back. i went during the week when it is discounted, i wouldnt be able to afford it otherwise, its definitley a splurge trip. but lots of fun.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank naynay111
Lindsey B, Manager at The Lodge at Woodloch, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
naynay111-

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay! The Lodge is certainly an ideal place to relax, unwind, and find that much needed "me-time". We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed our spa offerings and beautiful property! We will be sure to pass along your comments to our Dining Room team- we always welcome suggestions that may help us to improve our service. Thank you again for staying with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
Port Washington, New York
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Visited Woodloch for the first time last December. It was so much fun. My nieces loved it. They still talk about Woodloch. The food was great. So many activities for the kids. Beautiful place. It was pricey but hopefully we can save it to return again this year. My mom and brother went to the spa for massages and they loved it. All around perfect stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Nichol H-

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments! I believe the property you are referring to is our sister property, Woodloch Pines. They are a family resort, with an endless list of activities for kids of all ages to enjoy! The Lodge at Woodloch is the adult-only destination spa- a wonderful respite for those guests looking for a different environment. Thank you again for sharing such lovely thoughts!
Wyoming, Ohio, United States
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I have two kids - 3 and 1 - and I love them wholeheartedly. But with the demands of work and taking care of my family, I needed to take a week off and recharge. I looked through a number of recommended spa/resorts - and I decided to head out to the Lodge. It was a fabulous choice. I stayed 6 days, 5 nights. The meals were absolutely fabulous - very healthy - lots of fruit, veggies, and protein. I had sea scallops twice - for lunch! The spa services were wonderful. I had a body scrub - highly recommended - my skin felt so smooth for the entire week. And a pedicure, a massage, and a facial. The lady who performed my facial was terrific - my skin was glowing. I also enjoying the infinity hot tub, the steamroom, the sauna. The exercise/yoga classes were great - I loved the variety. From tabata to boot camp to several different yoga varieties, I was able to keep my body guessing. And for relaxation, the property has lovely walking/jogging/biking trails - perfect in the fall. And going solo, I read quite a few books in the evening, and the Lodge has lots of little reading nooks and fireplaces to curl up and relax. I had a great trip by myself - and I know I'll be back next year.

Room Tip: Ask for the main floor - easier to get around and then you don't have to use the elevator/stairs...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Jennifer P-

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the variety of classes and treatment offerings. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back!
Towanda, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Being a Pennsylvanian and always traveling out of state for vacations and experiences, Lodge at Woodloch is now my top choice for a getaway. I can't wait to return. I visited there by myself to relax and restore. My first day, I arrived early so I could take some fitness classes, contemporary dance, yoga - and a breathing class, all were well instructed and fun. Second day treatments and Bollywood dance, - Greta (I may have name wrong) but she was a fun teacher. Lodge is so beautiful, so clean, and the staff are pleasant, engaging and helpful. The meals were all wonderful, nourishing and gourmet, love the amuse bouche. The spa, I had wonderful treatments, cranial sacral with Erica and a lovely relaxing lavender body wrap by Jamie, - I haven't felt this well, this cared for and tended to in a long time. I wish I had booked more spa services and that I had taken more walks during my time there. The Lodge is just amazing, luxuriating in Tree, for breakfast, a great start to the day and for dinner, a pleasant wind down to the end of the day. My room, a King suite - beautiful, restful - immaculate, the sweet turndown staff.

If a person can't receive the beauty of Lodge and its wonderful staff, from reservations to dining, to spa therapists and assistants - then they are not being open to receive. I left Lodge with a feeling that stirred me emotionally in a very positive, healthy, restored way, - the beauty, the caring shown by all. Lodge is magical. I am so thankful that I visited Lodge. Hope to go there again soon and enjoy more of all the great things Lodge offers.
Tracy

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
52funtimes-

What a wonderful reflection on your time at The Lodge, thank you so much for sharing! We are so happy to hear you found such peace and tranquility during your stay, and we will be sure to pass along your compliments to the staff members. We hope to see you again soon!
Armonk, New York
Reviewed October 28, 2013

After many years of going to Canyon Ranch, I was ready for a change. This was the perfect destination for a long weekend! Excellent accommodations, great food (the soups and salads were my favorites but all was good), superb service. I had two great massages and highly recommend more than an hour on the table to really get a massage you will never forget (thank you Rhonda!). The classes were fantastic and not just beginner level. I learned something in each one. Drums Alive, Yogilates, Great Wall of Yoga, BAM, Have a Ball and even Ballet Barre were all great. Beautiful setting to walk or bike around. Great indoor and outdoor whirlpools and indoor swimming pool. Staff couldn't have been more gracious. I even asked them to teach me how they fold their napkins as it was like origami. The waiter was happy to share the folding technique. We met wonderful people there as well. We will go back for sure!

Room Tip: There are only about 60 rooms and I think all are good but can only speak from the one room I had.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank NEBS10504
Lindsey B, Manager at The Lodge at Woodloch, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
NEBS10504-

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! The Lodge is a perfect place to do as little or as much as you'd like, and a combination of fitness classes with a massage is the perfect balance! We hope to welcome you back soon!
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Do not hesitate one second. It is worth every single penny spent. The place is grandiose, the food delicious, the classes are great and the staff so welcoming. Spa treatments are à bit expensive but worth it for all the marvellous surronding and little extras. Just loved it !

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank travellingproducer
travellingproducer-

Thank you so much for sharing your comments! We are happy we were able to share with you all our beautiful property has to offer. Thank you for choosing to stay with us!
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Where to begin…We went to The lodge at Woodloch for our 24th wedding anniversary. I had been there before with my daughter for a mother daughter getaway and loved it. When I booked this trip I waited too long and they were full except for a King suite, which was very expensive. We decided to go ahead a go since I had been talking about this place since I left the last time. First let me say the King suite was lovely and comfortable with two decks and two huge bathrooms and huge showers (it had a tub but not a deep soaking tub which I wish they would change). It had a nice dining table that we enjoyed for dinner ($10 fee to have dinner in your room) since we were exhausted from our many activities during the day. The housekeep service was excellent and they came twice a day and turn down at night. A truly lovely room but had it not been during the week would have been too expensive (we stayed at Post Ranch Inn for the same cost)

Having been here before I knew to bring my own wine, and extra drinks/snacks (the rooms have a fridge) since you are in the middle of no where and they don't sell snacks etc.

This resort is all inclusive and a quite pricey, but the staff take customer service to the extreme. All are friendly, knowledgeable and seem to genuinely love there jobs. The grounds are beautiful and this time of year it was great to walk in the woods and just enjoy the quiet beauty.

The service in the Spa and Ladies lounge are outstanding, polite and very courteous. The locker room was spotless with nice amenities such as sauna, hot tub, steam room and a small porch, and each shower was in a small private room. Their infinity jacuzzi outdoors was awesome as was the beautiful one in the pool area. The main "quiet area" was removed from the locker room and not accessible unless you were escorted there but was a nice and relaxing place to sit and wait for a spouse.

The SPA is outstanding. My husband and I both had the "Delaware River Stone Massage" which was blissful. One of the best I have had. I also tried a "Shiatsu" massage. I loved the technician, I'm sorry I forgot her name, but she was wonderful and I really enjoyed this service and was surprised that when it was over I felt so rejuvenated and my energy level was up and pain level down! Will definitely have that treatment when my daughter and I return next march.

The range of indoor and outdoor classes and activities available was enormous. We were only there for 2 days (we got there 9am the first day and got to work :)), but it was really hard to avail oneself of all the possible activities like meditation, yoga, kayaking, Spinning, fly fishing, belly dancing, art classes. Every single class I took was wonderful and designed so that even beginners felt comfortable following along. We packed our schedule full of activities and enjoyed them all. I especially loved the "Drums Alive" class and wish they offered it every day! Maryann is a powerhouse and you feed off her energy. The gym itself was packed with great equipment.

The food is excellent and has wonderful healthy choices, It was hard to fit meals in (at least breakfast and lunch) with all we wanted to do. I know it would be difficult but I wish they served breakfast and lunch meals all day until 3:00 and then break until dinner starting at 5:30. It would have allowed for us to digest and still attend the classes we wanted.

There is still much we didn't get to, and I hope I'll be able to try some art classes when we return. One note of a slight disappointment was that considering this was our 24th wedding anniversary, it would have been a nice tough to have some champagne or chocolate covered strawberries as a gift (especially considering the cost to stay). Most places we stayed on this anniversary trip did this and I was a little surprised, but still can't wait to return! PS - Please, you do need a swimsuit dryer.

Room Tip: The King suite was stellar, but expensive. The 2nd floor woods view rooms are very nice, comfortable...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Marla57-

Happy Anniversary! Thank you for choosing the Lodge as the location for the celebration of such a special event. We are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed everything, from the massages to the classes and the dining experience. We strive to provide an unparalleled level of customer service, and we are so pleased we were able to share this with you. We hope to welcome you back soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawley
Hampton Inn Matamoras
#1 of 2 in Lakeville
Ledges Hotel
Ledges Hotel
#3 of 7 in Hawley

Been to The Lodge at Woodloch? Share your experiences!