“Pristine Serenity”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Hawley
Towanda, Pennsylvania
“Pristine Serenity”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Being a Pennsylvanian and always traveling out of state for vacations and experiences, Lodge at Woodloch is now my top choice for a getaway. I can't wait to return. I visited there by myself to relax and restore. My first day, I arrived early so I could take some fitness classes, contemporary dance, yoga - and a breathing class, all were well instructed and fun. Second day treatments and Bollywood dance, - Greta (I may have name wrong) but she was a fun teacher. Lodge is so beautiful, so clean, and the staff are pleasant, engaging and helpful. The meals were all wonderful, nourishing and gourmet, love the amuse bouche. The spa, I had wonderful treatments, cranial sacral with Erica and a lovely relaxing lavender body wrap by Jamie, - I haven't felt this well, this cared for and tended to in a long time. I wish I had booked more spa services and that I had taken more walks during my time there. The Lodge is just amazing, luxuriating in Tree, for breakfast, a great start to the day and for dinner, a pleasant wind down to the end of the day. My room, a King suite - beautiful, restful - immaculate, the sweet turndown staff.

If a person can't receive the beauty of Lodge and its wonderful staff, from reservations to dining, to spa therapists and assistants - then they are not being open to receive. I left Lodge with a feeling that stirred me emotionally in a very positive, healthy, restored way, - the beauty, the caring shown by all. Lodge is magical. I am so thankful that I visited Lodge. Hope to go there again soon and enjoy more of all the great things Lodge offers.
Tracy

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Lindsey B, Manager at The Lodge at Woodloch, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
52funtimes-

What a wonderful reflection on your time at The Lodge, thank you so much for sharing! We are so happy to hear you found such peace and tranquility during your stay, and we will be sure to pass along your compliments to the staff members. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
Armonk, New York
Reviewed October 28, 2013

After many years of going to Canyon Ranch, I was ready for a change. This was the perfect destination for a long weekend! Excellent accommodations, great food (the soups and salads were my favorites but all was good), superb service. I had two great massages and highly recommend more than an hour on the table to really get a massage you will never forget (thank you Rhonda!). The classes were fantastic and not just beginner level. I learned something in each one. Drums Alive, Yogilates, Great Wall of Yoga, BAM, Have a Ball and even Ballet Barre were all great. Beautiful setting to walk or bike around. Great indoor and outdoor whirlpools and indoor swimming pool. Staff couldn't have been more gracious. I even asked them to teach me how they fold their napkins as it was like origami. The waiter was happy to share the folding technique. We met wonderful people there as well. We will go back for sure!

Room Tip: There are only about 60 rooms and I think all are good but can only speak from the one room I had.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank NEBS10504
Lindsey B, Manager at The Lodge at Woodloch, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
NEBS10504-

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! The Lodge is a perfect place to do as little or as much as you'd like, and a combination of fitness classes with a massage is the perfect balance! We hope to welcome you back soon!
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Do not hesitate one second. It is worth every single penny spent. The place is grandiose, the food delicious, the classes are great and the staff so welcoming. Spa treatments are à bit expensive but worth it for all the marvellous surronding and little extras. Just loved it !

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank travellingproducer
travellingproducer-

Thank you so much for sharing your comments! We are happy we were able to share with you all our beautiful property has to offer. Thank you for choosing to stay with us!
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Where to begin…We went to The lodge at Woodloch for our 24th wedding anniversary. I had been there before with my daughter for a mother daughter getaway and loved it. When I booked this trip I waited too long and they were full except for a King suite, which was very expensive. We decided to go ahead a go since I had been talking about this place since I left the last time. First let me say the King suite was lovely and comfortable with two decks and two huge bathrooms and huge showers (it had a tub but not a deep soaking tub which I wish they would change). It had a nice dining table that we enjoyed for dinner ($10 fee to have dinner in your room) since we were exhausted from our many activities during the day. The housekeep service was excellent and they came twice a day and turn down at night. A truly lovely room but had it not been during the week would have been too expensive (we stayed at Post Ranch Inn for the same cost)

Having been here before I knew to bring my own wine, and extra drinks/snacks (the rooms have a fridge) since you are in the middle of no where and they don't sell snacks etc.

This resort is all inclusive and a quite pricey, but the staff take customer service to the extreme. All are friendly, knowledgeable and seem to genuinely love there jobs. The grounds are beautiful and this time of year it was great to walk in the woods and just enjoy the quiet beauty.

The service in the Spa and Ladies lounge are outstanding, polite and very courteous. The locker room was spotless with nice amenities such as sauna, hot tub, steam room and a small porch, and each shower was in a small private room. Their infinity jacuzzi outdoors was awesome as was the beautiful one in the pool area. The main "quiet area" was removed from the locker room and not accessible unless you were escorted there but was a nice and relaxing place to sit and wait for a spouse.

The SPA is outstanding. My husband and I both had the "Delaware River Stone Massage" which was blissful. One of the best I have had. I also tried a "Shiatsu" massage. I loved the technician, I'm sorry I forgot her name, but she was wonderful and I really enjoyed this service and was surprised that when it was over I felt so rejuvenated and my energy level was up and pain level down! Will definitely have that treatment when my daughter and I return next march.

The range of indoor and outdoor classes and activities available was enormous. We were only there for 2 days (we got there 9am the first day and got to work :)), but it was really hard to avail oneself of all the possible activities like meditation, yoga, kayaking, Spinning, fly fishing, belly dancing, art classes. Every single class I took was wonderful and designed so that even beginners felt comfortable following along. We packed our schedule full of activities and enjoyed them all. I especially loved the "Drums Alive" class and wish they offered it every day! Maryann is a powerhouse and you feed off her energy. The gym itself was packed with great equipment.

The food is excellent and has wonderful healthy choices, It was hard to fit meals in (at least breakfast and lunch) with all we wanted to do. I know it would be difficult but I wish they served breakfast and lunch meals all day until 3:00 and then break until dinner starting at 5:30. It would have allowed for us to digest and still attend the classes we wanted.

There is still much we didn't get to, and I hope I'll be able to try some art classes when we return. One note of a slight disappointment was that considering this was our 24th wedding anniversary, it would have been a nice tough to have some champagne or chocolate covered strawberries as a gift (especially considering the cost to stay). Most places we stayed on this anniversary trip did this and I was a little surprised, but still can't wait to return! PS - Please, you do need a swimsuit dryer.

Room Tip: The King suite was stellar, but expensive. The 2nd floor woods view rooms are very nice, comfortable...
Marla57-

Happy Anniversary! Thank you for choosing the Lodge as the location for the celebration of such a special event. We are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed everything, from the massages to the classes and the dining experience. We strive to provide an unparalleled level of customer service, and we are so pleased we were able to share this with you. We hope to welcome you back soon!
Waterdown, Canada
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We spent 2 nights for my wife's birthday and we loved it. The spa was great, but we particularly loved all the activities included (yoga, meditation, kayaking, painting, etc.). The property is beautiful in the Fall and the early morning fitness walk on the golf course across the street was incredible with all the Fall colors on show. Lounging in bath robes on the back patio as deer walked up out of the forest was a nice treat. The pool and hot tubs are nice and the eucalyptus steam room is divine. The organic garden is great and you can pick your own if you wish. The food was great and the staff was very friendly. We plan to visit again someday.

1 Thank Jay R
Jay R-

What lovely comments- thank you for sharing your experience! We are so pleased that you had such a wonderful time and were able to take part in so many of the classes we offer. Looking forward to seeing you again!
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My husband and I visited the Lodge at Woodloch, scheduling an appointment at their beautiful spa. While I was given a full tour before the appointment, to show the many benefits available within the spa area (even hot tub waterfalls); my husband wasn't even shown around the facilities and not told of the amenities that came with the package we bought. Unfortunately, since no one showed him where the hot tub falls and pool area were located, he missed that part of the experience. If you go here, be sure to ask for all the amenities your entitled to...it's a beautiful place.

Room Tip: We stayed at Woodloch "Pines", rooms were beautiful and staff was excellent.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brownie1958
Brownie1958-

Thank you for sharing your comments! We are delighted you enjoyed our property and all we have to offer. We are sincerely sorry for the overlook of your husband's tour. Please rest assured this matter has been rectified. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back!
Summit, New Jersey
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My husband and I visited the Lodge at Woodloch in Sept. 2012 (just a little over a year ago) and the entire stay from beginning to end was absolutely perfect. We had found our heaven on earth. We just returned from our second visit (Oct. 2013), and while it is still pretty wonderful, there were a few things that made our stay this time around feel a little less than heaven-sent.

First the positive:

1) I was so thrilled to see the addition of more art classes on the schedule of events! I took both the "Mandala Drawing" class with Chris and the "Fun with Color" class with Debra. I enjoyed both immensely, and I can honestly say that Mandala drawing has become my new-found favorite hobby (I even taught my 6-year-old son how to do it when I returned home and he's now enjoying it as well). Note to management: you should definitely do more to advertise these classes and have a better explanation about what it is and the tools that will be used in your brochure. I almost didn't go to the Mandala class because I had no idea what it was and was afraid I wouldn't be able to do it (I ended up Googling it).

2) My massage (with Elle) was probably one of the best I've had in a VERY long time. She's amazing and deserves a raise!

3) Aqua Boot Camp with Greta was GREAT! I took this class with her last time I was here and she didn't disappoint again. She's a wonderful motivator and I got a great workout.

And for the negative:

1) I don't know if it was an old mattress or what, but my bed was SO hard, uneven and uncomfortable. It was higher on one side than the other, so I kept rolling "downhill." I still (a week later) have a pain in my neck from how uncomfortable the bed was.

2) What happened to the Blondie dessert at dinner?!??! On our last trip, my husband and I had this dessert EVERY night, as it was SO delicious. We were really looking forward to having it again this time and were very disappointed to see it off the menu. We tried all the other desserts and they were just "eh." In fact, another note on the food. It really wasn't as good, overall, as it was last time we were there. I'm wondering maybe if they changed chefs?

3) I'd made a comment in my last review about there being no swimsuit dryer. They still haven't had one installed. Thankfully I knew better this time and brought 3 swimsuits, but for those guests who didn't know in advance, it is pretty annoying to have to get back into a wet suit if you want to use the pool/hot tub more than once a day.

4) Why is there still no outdoor pool? True, in October we wouldn't be using it. But I would love to come back in the warmer months, but probably wouldn't because there's not an outdoor pool. For the rates you pay at such a luxury place, this seems like an amenity that is sorely lacking.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room on the main level (not the ground level).
1 Thank SummitMom07901
SummitMom07901-

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your second stay at the Lodge! We've had a great response to the new class additions- we are so happy you enjoyed them! We will also be sure to pass along your compliments to Elle and Greta!
We also wanted to take the time to address the items that you found to be less than satisfactory. The appropriate departments have been made aware of your suggestions, and we are actively looking into each and every one of them. We do hope to have the chance to welcome you back for a third visit! Thank you!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawley
Hotel Fauchere
#1 of 2 in Lakeville
Silver Birches Resort
Silver Birches Resort
#4 of 7 in Hawley

Been to The Lodge at Woodloch? Share your experiences!