The Lodge at Woodloch
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Ledges Hotel(Hawley)(Great Value!)
$150
$65
Cove Haven Resort(Lakeville)
$171
$162
  • Pool
Lake Mocatek Inn(Lakeville)(Great Value!)
$95
Wayne Inn(Honesdale)
$75
Hotel Wayne(Honesdale)
$100
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,258 results
All reviewsspa treatmentsart classesfitness classesthe outdoor hot tubwhisper loungetop notcheucalyptus steam roommother daughtercanyon ranchspa areagreat spafire pitwatercolor classgreat wall of yogaget awaycooking demobreakfast and lunch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I only went for the day spa but it was wonderful. They have an infinity jacuzzi outside. Nice chairs to sit. Make sure you also go to the inside jacuzzi with two waterfalls. Let the pressure from the falls sooth your muscles. If the top waterfall is to strong go to the lower one. The pool is ok. It is nice because it is enclosed glass so you feel like you are outside. They were doing an aqua fitness when we were there. The retreat area has another jacuzzi, sauna, and eucalyptus steam room. They also have a screened in area to sit but still get some fresh air. I had a facial which was the best facial I ever had in my life. Make sure you book in advance. We wanted massages and we could not get them scheduled. They do have a waiting list in case something opens. Book lunch at tree. They have a delicious soup and salad bar and then you pick your entree. 5 star staff, service, and food. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Lindsey B, Manager at The Lodge at Woodloch, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Samantha G-

Thank you for your review! It's great you were able to experience all of our wonderful amenities. Thank you for spending the day with us, and please don't hesitate to contact our Reservations Department should you wish to book an overnight stay!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

My wife and I have just returned from a two night anniversary stay at the Lodge at Woodloch. this was our first time there, it definitely will not be our last. From the moment we drove through the gates, upon arrival, through the time when it was sadly time to check out, our experience at Woodloch was nothing short of amazing. Staff, service, food, spa, activities, room, grounds, all excellent. And oh, what a massage!!! Luxury at it's most luxurious, 5 star at it's best!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

izzyslap-

Happy Anniversary! Thank you for allowing us to share with you our warm hospitality on such a special occasion. We are so pleased you enjoyed everything we have to offer here at The Lodge.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

This spa is luxury at its best. The rooms were beautiful; the meals were gourmet; the ambiance was calming and restful; and the staff couldn't do enough. Every detail was well-thought out, including the guides' bringing trail mix for our hike and fanny packs and water. We really enjoyed the show at the sister lodge. My sister & I will definetly be back again.

Room Tip: Get a room that faces the lake, not the parking lot.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Terri C-

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! We are thrilled you and your sister had such a great time here at The Lodge. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

So this is one of the top rated spas in the US. Let me start with the good. Hotel and spa staff were amazing. Ask them anything at any time and they stop to help with what ever you need. They were well trained in providing great customer service. My wife and I both got a massage and they were probably in the top 3 massages of my life. The spa staff also bent over backwards to take care of you. There is a men's and women's side of the spa that offer lounges, hot tubs, showers and saunas. Very nice. The two sides open into a coed pool area with water falls and a great outside area with an infinity hot tub. We took an art class that was fun. The resort never felt crowded which was great also. The staff also goes out of their way to remember your name. I love that (and I am really bad at names).

The not so good....
cooking demo was so-so. Herb scones. Another gentleman said it was the same demo the last time he was there. We expected a couple of courses being prepared. It lasted about 20 min.

They claim the lake is 14 acres. They must have used the metric system. It is maybe 6 or 7 acres. Nice but smaller than I expected.

OK, now the biggy. The restaurant was not up to the same level as the rest of the spa. The food was good, but not mind blowing awesome.

The staff were young and inexperienced. There was a lot of noise when they cleared tables and set them again (dishes being stacked). Kind of got to me when there is nice relaxing spa music in the background and dishes clanking next to my ear.

The staff would gather at the bar and chat... and we were waiting to give our order.

The wine list needed to be updated with correct years and such. Twice we did not get the wine we ordered. For the price, I expected a sommelier to assist with selection.

And that is what it comes down to, price. For $300 per night per person I expect amazing meals and service. You can tell the management of the restaurant is not on the same level as the hotel and spa.

But yes, I would go again... (and take my own wine).

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gtstricky

gtstricky-

Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed our spa facilities and the massages you received. We will be sure to pass along these remarks with our Retreat team and our massage therapists.

We are, however, disappointed to learn that you did not have the same experience while dining. We strive to provide exceptional service and outstanding quality of food each and every day, and we sincerely apologize for letting you down on this occasion. Please be assured your comments have been shared with our Food and Beverage team, and the specific instances you referenced have been addressed.

We thank you for staying with us, and hope to be able to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Upscale, casually elegant, but not stuffy. Staff attentive to every need/request. Classes for every fitness level and interest. (Some classes need to be reserved in advance-- highly recommend doing this.) Or just relax on the patio near the pool. Service at meals five-star. Great food, plenty of it, vegan & gluten-free choices (but no sugar-free desserts). Beautiful and clean spa. Beautiful surroundings. Plan to return in the winter- less expensive but same amenities plus outdoor winter activities.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Lindsey B, Manager at The Lodge at Woodloch, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

brucefi- Thank you so much for your lovely comments. We are delighted we were able to share with you our gorgeous grounds and hospitality. We look forward to seeing you again in the winter months!