“Can't do enough!”

The Lodge at Woodloch
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Hawley
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This spa is luxury at its best. The rooms were beautiful; the meals were gourmet; the ambiance was calming and restful; and the staff couldn't do enough. Every detail was well-thought out, including the guides' bringing trail mix for our hike and fanny packs and water. We really enjoyed the show at the sister lodge. My sister & I will definetly be back again.

Room Tip: Get a room that faces the lake, not the parking lot.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Lindsey B, Manager at The Lodge at Woodloch, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Terri C-

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! We are thrilled you and your sister had such a great time here at The Lodge. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,207)

Reviewed August 4, 2013

So this is one of the top rated spas in the US. Let me start with the good. Hotel and spa staff were amazing. Ask them anything at any time and they stop to help with what ever you need. They were well trained in providing great customer service. My wife and I both got a massage and they were probably in the top 3 massages of my life. The spa staff also bent over backwards to take care of you. There is a men's and women's side of the spa that offer lounges, hot tubs, showers and saunas. Very nice. The two sides open into a coed pool area with water falls and a great outside area with an infinity hot tub. We took an art class that was fun. The resort never felt crowded which was great also. The staff also goes out of their way to remember your name. I love that (and I am really bad at names).

The not so good....
cooking demo was so-so. Herb scones. Another gentleman said it was the same demo the last time he was there. We expected a couple of courses being prepared. It lasted about 20 min.

They claim the lake is 14 acres. They must have used the metric system. It is maybe 6 or 7 acres. Nice but smaller than I expected.

OK, now the biggy. The restaurant was not up to the same level as the rest of the spa. The food was good, but not mind blowing awesome.

The staff were young and inexperienced. There was a lot of noise when they cleared tables and set them again (dishes being stacked). Kind of got to me when there is nice relaxing spa music in the background and dishes clanking next to my ear.

The staff would gather at the bar and chat... and we were waiting to give our order.

The wine list needed to be updated with correct years and such. Twice we did not get the wine we ordered. For the price, I expected a sommelier to assist with selection.

And that is what it comes down to, price. For $300 per night per person I expect amazing meals and service. You can tell the management of the restaurant is not on the same level as the hotel and spa.

But yes, I would go again... (and take my own wine).

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gtstricky

gtstricky-

Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed our spa facilities and the massages you received. We will be sure to pass along these remarks with our Retreat team and our massage therapists.

We are, however, disappointed to learn that you did not have the same experience while dining. We strive to provide exceptional service and outstanding quality of food each and every day, and we sincerely apologize for letting you down on this occasion. Please be assured your comments have been shared with our Food and Beverage team, and the specific instances you referenced have been addressed.

We thank you for staying with us, and hope to be able to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Upscale, casually elegant, but not stuffy. Staff attentive to every need/request. Classes for every fitness level and interest. (Some classes need to be reserved in advance-- highly recommend doing this.) Or just relax on the patio near the pool. Service at meals five-star. Great food, plenty of it, vegan & gluten-free choices (but no sugar-free desserts). Beautiful and clean spa. Beautiful surroundings. Plan to return in the winter- less expensive but same amenities plus outdoor winter activities.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Lindsey B, Manager at The Lodge at Woodloch, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

brucefi- Thank you so much for your lovely comments. We are delighted we were able to share with you our gorgeous grounds and hospitality. We look forward to seeing you again in the winter months!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is an incredible place to stay if you need to decompress. I loved our room, the look and feel of the lodge, outdoor fire pits, walking trails, daily activities (such as wine tasting), the spa, and especially the outdoor hot tub that overlooked the grounds. The food was very good, but it would have been nice to have some unhealthy options available (their food is health-conscious). This is not a place for kids (they would be bored to tears), but a great place for a girls weekend or a romantic get-away for couples. If you enjoy wine, beer, etc, I'd recommend bringing your own with you, and keeping it in your room (the bar and restaurant have set hours). Also, be sure to make reservations for dinner ahead of time (we had not been aware that this was required). I'm looking forward to returning!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Sarah F- Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! You are correct, as we are a destination spa designed for guests sixteen and older, our classes and programs are certainly more appropriate for adults. Our sister property, Woodloch Pines (just 1 1/2 miles away), is a fabulous family resort that keeps children of all ages busy all day! Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope to have the chance to welcome you back to The Lodge!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I went alone for a birthday celebration and it couldn't have been better. Everyone was nice, the spa services were great and I never felt awkward in the dining room be myself. It is an odd mixture of elegance and casual but it works. People dress casually (you can come to lunch in your spa bathrobe) but the setting is elegant. The food is good, healthy, and filling. There are a lot of activities. Like most places like this the staff can make or break the place. Everyone here was warm, friendly and professional. I booked my return visit already!

Room Tip: I upgraded to a junior suite which was a bigger room. It was lovely.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Ginny00- Happy Belated Birthday! We are so happy we could share our hospitality with you on such a special day. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Went with a friend of mine and it was terrific. Spa was great. We especially liked the 'whisper' room where we could relax before/after our treatments and look out the windows at the landscape. We thought there were plenty of food choices at the meals (at breakfast and lunch guests can order off the menu and pick items from the buffet). If we didn't see something we liked, we found them very accommodating in making us something else. Staff was very friendly. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Elise G- Thank you so much for your comments! The Lodge is a great place to enjoy with a girlfriend and create new memories. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I liked this place because it was not stuffy, the staff and other guests I met were very friendly. The food was top notch and fresh. No standard fare here. Lots and lots of classes and massage treatments. There is always mixed nuts and fresh fruit available, as well as coffee and tea. Plus ice cold water with lemon in it. In the afternoon they have homemade cookies and snacks in the meeting room. Also on Wednesday and Saturdays they have free entertainment at the sister lodge. Very entertaining I might add. You can check in as early as you like and stay as long as you like on your checkout day. What I like so much about this place are the little things like that. Plus their showers are really nice and have the amenities you need if you have already packed your bag.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Lucy00Orwigsburg- Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay here at The Lodge! We are so pleased you enjoyed the many facets of our property, and we hope to have the chance to welcome you back!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawley
Hampton Inn Matamoras
Cove Haven Resort
Cove Haven Resort
#1 of 2 in Lakeville
Woodloch Pines Resort

Been to The Lodge at Woodloch? Share your experiences!