“Loved It”

The Lodge at Woodloch
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Hawley
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. This lodge should cost more than I paid. I was treated so politely and nice by the front desk employees that I would come here again if I am in this area. Beautiful area to hike and walk. I felt like I was in my second honeymoon with my wife.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Lindsey B, Manager at The Lodge at Woodloch, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Grandpa6444- Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We will certainly pass along your compliments to our Front Desk staff. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

There are newer reviews for The Lodge at Woodloch

Reviewed June 29, 2013

This was the perfect spot to celebrate my daughter's 40th birthday along with the other women in my family. The service was wonderful. They gave us a wonderful table for our meals where we felt like it was our private room. The area is beautiful and the only negative is that our stay wasn't long enough. I know all of us cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Rae B- What a wonderful way to celebrate a special birthday! Thank you so much for your feedback, we are thrilled that everyone had such a memorable time here at The Lodge. We hope you can join us again soon!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

The plan was to find a romantic get-a-awy that was not too far from home but just far enough to feel like we were away from it all for a few days. This was the perfect spot. The premises are beautiful. The service was excellent. There are an abundant of outdoor activities, both guided and unguided, as well as indoor classes if the weather is not cooperating. The spa is the best I have ever seen and the choices of indoor or outdoor hot tubs, indoor pool, indoor waterfalls and steam and saunas are perfect. The spa services are a little pricey but were 5 star. The food and wine choices are excellent. Some reviews commented on the plainness of the desserts. I can see that although there are enough choices to end a delicious meal. There are choices for vegans as well as gluten-free diets that were equally as tasty as the other choices. The place is expensive although the prices are all inclusive so you don't need to worry about tips and taxes. There were many people there from all over the country that were return visits. I hope to return next year.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Lindsey B, Manager at The Lodge at Woodloch, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Polly231- Thank you so very much for your kind and thoughtful words. You really captured the peaceful and relaxing feel that we strive to provide each and every day through our classes and offerings here at The Lodge. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I didn't know what to expect when I decided to book a "spa vacation" but I was blown away with Woodloch. They have managed to take all of the best things about a traditional spa -- massages, quiet & serenity without being pretentious or fake. The staff was super nice and the guests were very down-to-earth. There is something for everyone at Woodloch - good food, hiking, biking, facials, kayaking, etc. If you get bored at Woodloch its your own fault!
The best part for me is that Woodloch is 2.5 hours from NYC and no traffic. Perfect get-away for anyone who needs a few days to detox from city life You can't beat it!

Room Tip: It's such a small property that there is no bad room in the place.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

SuzyLey- Thank you so much for taking the time to post your thoughts. We are so happy you had such a wonderful time here at The Lodge, and we would love the chance to welcome you back!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

This was my first destination spa resort experience so I cannot compare it to other facilities, but I can't imagine anything better. The facility was beautiful inside and out. The scenery was so incredibly peaceful. The food was wonderful. The staff was incredibly helpful. I was able to do a Botany Walk and have a chat with the Master Gardener. Both were incredibly knowledgable and kind. They answered so many questions and I learned so much! I took a few fitness classes (both cardio and meditative). They were all highly-effective! The rooms were clean and the beds were so comfortable. I hope to make it back some day!

Room Tip: I would recommend getting a room that overlooks the lake. It was wonderful and I often saw deer whil...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jenny S

Jenny S- Thank you very much for your review! We are delighted you had such a great experience during your first trip to a destination spa and enjoyed all we have to offer. Out outdoor classes are extremely popular, and the knowledge and warmth of our Outdoor team and Master Gardener only enhance the experience. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed at The Lodge in June and had a very relaxing time. Spa itself was fantastic, treatments were great, accommodations were very comfortable, staff was excellent and the food was better than I expected. We didn't get a chance to try any classes or do outside activities (rain) so I can't comment on that. I'm only giving four stars because at the end of the day it's VERY expensive and you are in the Poconos, not in the Caribbean. I'm glad I tried it for something different and I think I would go back again if I'll I'm looking for is relaxation. I loved the body polish massage but I'd pass on the facial--was just ok, although my husband loved his mens facial.

1  Thank travlnmompa

travlnmompa- We want to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, and we are thrilled that you had such a wonderful experience at The Lodge, depsite the rain! We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

My husband and I had our 15th wedding anniversary celebration here. The food was excellent, healthy with many options. The activities were plenty...from meditation to cooking classes to high impact cardio. The Spa was incredible. I had the Body Melt Foot therapy and Reflexology and Chelsea was spot on...incredible hands. I also had a pedicure and my first facial with Melanie...the Lodge Facial...an awesome, relaxing and rejuvenating experience....The grounds are immaculate and the rooms very nice...All in all a wonderful experience...Highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Lindsey B, Manager at The Lodge at Woodloch, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

CarpeDiem43- Thank you for your wonderful review, and Happy Anniversary! We are so glad you had such an enjoyable trip, and we will be sure to pass along your comments to Chelsea and Melanie. We look forward to seeing you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawley
Hampton Inn Matamoras
Cove Haven Resort
Cove Haven Resort
#1 of 2 in Lakeville
Woodloch Pines Resort

Been to The Lodge at Woodloch? Share your experiences!