“Exceeding Expectations”

The Lodge at Woodloch
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Hawley
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The best destination spa in theEast.
Simply beautiful, even in March.
Three terrific meals included in the daily rate, which is costly but well worth it.
Spa services superb, staff wonderful and attentive.
Private, secluded---a place you hate to leave.
No Kids!

Room Tip: Face the lake.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,226)

Reviewed March 12, 2013

The Lodge at Woodloch is the most amazing place! My boyfriend and I spent the most amazing weekend there. We went for a birthday present that we will never forget. The staff waits on you hand and foot. The services and food are impeccable! Every room has a sink with filtered water. Cell phones have to be on vibrate or mute. The cooking and wine classes are a must. The dress code is very casual, many people walk around in the fabulous robes they give you during your stay. The food is spa cuisine, so the portions are small, but very satisfying. The presentation of the food is beautiful. The building and grounds are very well kept. The bed was the best bed ever! I wish I had it! We cannot wait to go back when the weather is warmer to really take advantage of the outdoor activities. We will definitely go back to the Lodge real soon!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I love this place. I go back at every opportunity. This last visit, I'd just hurt my foot and spent the entire weekend hobbling around on a cane. So I couldn't take advantage of much of what the facility had to offer, and I still had a wonderful time. The level of service here is exceptional, from the folks who work at the front desk to the wait staff to the amazing massage therapists (I mean you, Marjorie and Carol. You totally rock.) Everything here is beautiful, well thought out and well maintained. And the food is both healthful and delicious. The rooms are pretty, the beds are comfy, the chocolates you get with turn down service are delicious. The setting is beautiful and the hot tubs are really pleasant. The excellence just never stops. And the pool is fabulous. (And the pool hours enable you to swim early or late.) You just cannot go wrong here. It is worth every penny you pay for it.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good. I've never had a bad one. I'm very fussy but I've never had to...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We just returned from a wonderful long weekend at the Lodge! The rooms are well appointed, clean and spacious, with comfy beds. Staff are welcoming and gladly go the extra mile. Special requests? No problem. My brother in law had a minor stomach bug and kitchen staff were happy to provide ginger ale and toast when the kitchen was closed. The physical plant is simply gorgeous inside and out. Spa facilities were spacious, clean, with a myriad of services from which to choose. So many choices of activities from yoga to cooking to ballroom dancing - there is something for everyone at all levels of fitness. There were plenty of beautiful spots where one could curl up and read if that was your inclination. Meals are included and emphasize local, organic ingredients, but gave us the only minimal critique - the lunch menu is static and does not change, so if you are here for more than a day or two, one yearns for more variety. The other criticism is that food portions are incredibly small, with some desserts being practically microscopic! I suppose this is because this is "spa cuisine" with an emphasis on fitness! Weekend stays are more expensive, and all service prices are inflated by $25 to $30, which is mildly irritating as prices are a bit steep at the get go, so if it is possible to schedule a mid week stay, one would enjoy a bit of a price break as well as more of the staff's undivided attention. Al in all, however, a marvelous experience which we cannot wait to repeat.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This is my second time here but a very different experience. Last time I came in the summer with my husband and this time I came with 3 friends in the winter and it was wonderful both times

The staff is amazing. They really aim to please. Whatever we asked for they were willing to help with including teaching me how they fold the napkins!

The food was delicious and the view from the restaurant is so beautiful . The guitar playing in the backround is a perfect touch.

The spa treatments were wonderful and I loved the classes. The gym is well equipped and the whole place is immaculate.

Go and Enjoy!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Let me start off by saying that I really like Woodloch. I've been there twice as an overnight guest and had a fabulous time. My past visits with them are the only reason I'm giving this 3 stars, instead of one.

Friends and I were planning a day trip to Woodloch; due to child care issues, they are not able to be away 2 nights that are required for weekend stays. Weekday trips are not an option right now as a few have recently started new jobs and have limited vacation time.

I called and spoke several times to the Spa Concierge about the day spa packages and what they did/didn't include. I called on Feb21 to book a day package for my BFF and I for mid-March. The concierge started to book the day packages for me. However, I didn't know which treatment BFF. The concierge said this was needed to book the day package and said to call back when I confirmed this. During this and my previous calls to the spa, no mention was made of booking restrictions.

I called back on Feb22 to book the packages and was told that they have a policy that day packages cannot be booked until 2 weeks before the day we want to come. So, in addition to being frustrated that no one had mentioned this policy to me before, it's a bit disheartening because it feels as though they regard day packages as fillers that they will book late in the game if they don't have a certain level of occupancy from overnight guests and/or regular spa appointments.

Woodloch is a very convenient halfway point for my BFF and I. However, these policies make it difficult for us to plan ahead. As much as we love Woodloch, we may have to look elsewhere for our getaways.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Krista N
Jamie F, Manager at The Lodge at Woodloch, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear Krista N,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed previous stays, and I am hopeful that you will be back to visit us again. I am sorry that you were not informed of any booking restrictions when you tried to make an appointment during your call on February 21st, and I can certainly understand your frustration when you called back the next day. The 2 week advance booking policy is currently in effect for non house guests only on Saturdays. Since the weekends are peak occupancy periods for us, we do this so that we can ensure that guests staying overnight have treatment availability while they are here. We certainly welcome community guests and day guests , and are very fortunate to have many repeat guests such as yourself; While this may pose an inconvenience for Saturday bookings, I hope that you can understand our intent. It certainly isn't being done to penalize anyone or make the booking process difficult. Having said that, you should have been informed, and I am very sorry that you weren't. I will follow up with the Spa Concierge staff appropriately. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

This was the best, most relaxing and fun vacation that we have ever taken. The Lodge is understated luxury-- beautiful, clean and quiet! We did everything from lie on a cushy leather couch in front of a fire (one of many) to birdwatching, a watercoloring class, couples yoga and cooking classes--and then spa treatments that were amazing! The spa area was its own piece of heaven on earth...we especially loved the "whisper room". The pool/sauna area was magnificent with 2 waterfalls and an outdoor jacuzzi looking out into the snowcovered forest. The food was healthy and delicious with plenty of fresh fruit to snack on throughout the day. Don't miss sitting by the outdoor firepit at night--so romantic!
I also have to say that the staff, from the valet to the dining room hostesses and waiters and waitresses, to the guides on the outdoor adventures, to the attendants in the locker room were so personable and friendly-- they made us feel as if we had been a part of The Lodge family!
The Lodge at Woodloch was a beautiful winter retreat--however I am looking forward to experiencing it in the Spring, Summer and Fall!

Room Tip: Book spa appointments and dinnner reservations when you make your reservation.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Eema7
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawley
Hampton Inn Matamoras
Cove Haven Resort
Cove Haven Resort
#1 of 2 in Lakeville
Woodloch Pines Resort

Been to The Lodge at Woodloch? Share your experiences!