“Wonderful escape!”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Hawley
new city, new york
“Wonderful escape!”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

After returning home last Tuesday, I am yearning to return to the Spa. The Lodge at Woodloch is a wonderful place. This time we were four women needing a getaway from work. Usually we are a group of seven.friends who thoroughly enjoy the classes, the treatments, the food, the setting and the great staff at the lodge. We have also been guests at the lodge with our husbands. We always have a great time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank lynnNewCity_NewYork

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 9, 2013

This was my second time at the Lodge and it was even better than my fist. Last year I went with my husband and the new room with couches TV and a fireplace is a wonderful addition. There weren't enough places to hang out then, and this new space really made a huge difference. This time I went with my mother for her 70th birthday. Everyone treated her like royalty beginning with guard at the entrance who wished her a happy birthday and actually cheered for her upon arrival at the lodge. He put a smile on both of our faces before we even entered the doors! We really had a magical experience and I've never seen her so happy. She had a lot of firsts on this trip, including many of the group classes. Maryann and Blake were especially kind and gentle during yoga and mediation, and it was incredibly appreciated. Mom even fell asleep during Maryann's power nap and woke up fully relaxed. I love Cindy's Drums Alive class and scheduled my trip to make sure I didn't miss it in our busy schedule. It was my favorite class on both trips and I wish she lived closer so I can take it more than once a year. The food was perfect and elegantly served and prepared. Chef Pat even went a step further when she heard of my gluten allergy and knew I couldn't take the baking demo. She sent a full tray of gluten free cookies to my diner table for dessert and sent a copy of the recipies to my room. The spa services are great and the locker rooms are well appointted an immaculate. I loved the outdoor hot tub over looking the woods. Every employee not only asked if we needed anything, actually cared that we were having a great time. They take a lot of pride in their service and it shows. These are just a few of the many reasons that I look forward to my next visit to the Lodge at Woodloch and know each trip has the ability to exceed my expectaions.

Room Tip: I liked staying on the first floor so I didn't have to go on the elevator everytime I needed to...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I had such an amazing 4 days at Woodloch last year that I asked my family for the same gift this year. I was a bit worried that it wouldn't live up to my memories BUT it did. Yet again, the people that worked there from the wait staff to the spa staff to the exercise and yoga/meditation instructors to the housekeeping staff, everything was 5 stars. If there were a 6 star I would give it to them.

I highly recommend Woodloch to anyone looking for relaxation and complete pampering in a beautiful setting.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Lynn M
Reviewed February 6, 2013

This was my second trip to The Lodge and it was fabulous! I brought my husband for his birthday and we only had time for a quick overnight trip. As we drove up to the entrance he began to relax, the scenery as well as the architecture of the building are like an elixir for the soul. The service is impeccable, you feel special and well cared for the whole time you are there. The food is the best I have ever tasted at a spa and the special Happy Birthday Chocolate they put on his creme brulee dessert was beautiful. My husband - who is not easily impressed - was very impressed and agrees that we will have to go back again!

Room Tip: Make sure you make reservations for dinner and spa appointments before you get there. Especially if...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Princeton Jct, NJ
Reviewed February 3, 2013

My wife and I recently re-visited the Lodge at Woodloch and for the second year in a row, it was a wonderful experience. It is very relaxing--with the pools, hot tubs, steam room, sauna and the massages are the best I ever had. When we first visited, I was expecting (and dreading) "spa food", however, the restaurant is one of the best I've eaten at--and we eat out quite often. With three excellent, gourmet meals a day--for me the food is one of the highlights of the Lodge. The entire staff is couteous, well-trained, and a pleasure to interact with during your stay. Although I am happy the place is doing well--it was more crowded this year than it was last year--although we rarely encountered many people when we were in the pool. We both highly recommend the Lodge for a very relaxing and enjoyable trip.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
connecticut
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I consider myself a bit of a spa snob! The Lodge at Woodloch is one my favorites! The spa is excellent, the classes are well run, food is amazing, and the rooms are perfect! I have gone here 7 times and I have never had a bad experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank angelacar
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed February 2, 2013

My friends and I wanted to get away to a peaceful place where decisions on what to eat and what to do would be easy and relaxing. The Lodge at Woodloch was the perfect solution. The food, the spa treatments, the exercise classes, the environment, and the staff all exceeded my expectations. I did not want to leave, and I want to go back as soon as I can. And I really missed the meals during my first day back home.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawley
Hotel Fauchere
3.5 of 5 bubbles 2,553 reviews
Ledges Hotel
Ledges Hotel
#3 of 7 in Hawley

Been to The Lodge at Woodloch? Share your experiences!