“Restored at The Lodge a Woodloch”

The Lodge at Woodloch
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Hawley
Reviewed October 22, 2012

From the time you arrive and walk through the doors, a feeling of relaxation greets you. The staff is professional and friendly. The rooms are beautiful. The meal selection was great and everything I had during my weekend stay was delicious. There is truly something for everyone. Many different types of class offerings in exercise, yoga, meditation - beginners are welcome at all and I thorougly enjoyed the drawing and watercolor classes. My friends and family were so impressed with my artwork - and I have never drawn or painted. The spa area is wonderful, the pool, the outdoor hot-tub and sitting around the fire pit at night allowed time to make new friends. All of the guests I encountered were lovely, friendly people. There are walking trails ...as I said, something for everyone. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,226)

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Good place but not 5 star. Oddities like overflowing trash cans, 10 minute wait for anyone to offer us coffee at breakfast, and they made us wait 30 minutes to be seated for dinner Saturday night when we had a reservation for our fifth wedding anniversary.

• Stayed: October 2012
Jamie F, Manager at The Lodge at Woodloch, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear niiickb,

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us. I am very sorry for the inconveniences you encountered. I will certainly follow up with Housekeeping regarding the removal of trash, and with regard to your wait in the restaurant, it should not have happened, but I will speak with our Food and Beverage team so that it may be prevented in the future. These are exceptions to the norm here, and can easily be remedied. I hope that there were other elements of your wedding anniversary weekend that you did enjoy. If you have any additional feedback, or if I can be of assistance in any way, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly. Thank you for staying with us; I hope that we have another opportunity on a future visit to make up for these inconsistencies.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I went to the Lodge at Woodloch because of the inspirational spiritual medium they had as a guest for Saturday night and found out this "secret" getaway is an amazing place. So peaceful and relaxing and many things to do both indoor and outdoor. The rooms are amazing and the bathroom/shower was luxury compared to most places. I took pictures so my husband could redo our bathroom like this :o) The food is amazing and very healthy so instead of gaining weight on vacation I lost some! The spa area is clean and has personal showers, robes, towels, drinks (water), fresh fruit, hair dryers...everything you need except your bathing suit. I had an aromatherapy massage while there and I get one every month at home and believe me this facility is the first place who ever gave my regular lady any competition. It's a great time and plenty to do and see. Very beautiful views from both sides of the building. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Stayed on the third floor and it was a great view from the balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Dianne506
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My husband and I just spent an amazing week at the Lodge at Woodloch for my 40th birthday! We experienced the following:
Luxurious spa services...even for those with sensitive skin! Choose the whisper lounge in which to relax following your spa treatment. It features chaise loungers that face the lake and a large fireplace.
Excellent exercise offerings...If you are looking to spice up your exercise routine, I recommend "Drums Alive" and the "Bollywood/Belly Dancing Class".
Fantastic food...We do not eat meat, and the unique fish choices each night were delicious. Also, most offerings are gluten-free.
Serene surroundings...ultra quiet rooms (never heard our neighbors, their TV or door)

Recommendation: After a body polish, massage, and facial, I recommend room service for dinner so that you may continue to "float"...we did and the meal was just as spectacular as if we had dined in the restaurant.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2012

My friend and I had a fabulous experience at The Lodge at Woodloch. The accommodations, the spa, the staff, the dining room and the activities all were top notch. We were able to relax and were totally pampered in a beautiful environment. We were lucky to be there during fall foliage, but I am sure every season at Woodloch is special. I am looking forward to a return trip as soon as possible.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 17, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at Woodloch for the second time. The first time was within a year of their opening. We really feel we are growing along with them! The first time we learned some valuable lessons about our perspectives, and this time we enjoyed the moment and explored personal growth much more. Our awareness as to what is important to focus on is growing at a steady rate, and Woodloch allowed it to grow in a very relaxing and comforting environment, so that we could absorb much more of what we wanted and needed. Thanks Woodloch!! We are looking forward to another visit soon!

Room Tip: A room facing the lake is a nice view:)
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I booked 4 days & 3 nights for our honeymoon as a surprise to my wife. It was so calm and relaxing, and the service was great. The staff gave us a free upgrade, champagne and strawberries for our honeymoon. Great location and activities. In our short stay we took a drawing class, a guided hike, went kayaking, kayak-fishing, full body massage, baking demo, visited the garden, and more. All with small groups and great instructors, guides and staff, and we didn't feel rushed. Food was great, The Lodge is big on gluten free so there was less pasta but everything was so good you didn't notice. Lots of separate areas, rooms and trails so you're not crowded by other guests. It's not cheap, but you get what you pay for and off-peak times are just as good. We went Sun-Wed in October and if was a great time of year and fewer guests. Simply put: You should go.

Thanks again to the John our hike guide, our drawing instructor (we're framing our drawings), the pasty chef, and above all the Head Gardener and her staff.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Allysyn M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawley
Hampton Inn Matamoras
Cove Haven Resort
Cove Haven Resort
#1 of 2 in Lakeville
Woodloch Pines Resort

Been to The Lodge at Woodloch? Share your experiences!