“Amazing experience”

The Lodge at Woodloch
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Hawley
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Just returned from four glorious days at Woodloch with my best friend. Everything from start to finish was amazing. We were greeted by name at the front desk (the gatekeeper called ahead to them), car was whisked away, bags were delivered to our room without even a request. By the time they take you on a short tour of the facility, everything is squared away for you. There is much to do if you wish, but plenty of secluded spots to relax too. My first morning I went outside to go for a run and a family of deer were grazing five steps away. It is incredibly beautiful and peaceful. The food is excellent, but still tastes healthy somehow. Debra at Tree is so sweet and warm and always greeted us with a "Hi girls! Having a good day?" We took a few classes and enjoyed them. Kayaking on the small lake was so much fun and a good arm workout.

My only criticism we had was with the treatments. My friend and I both scheduled 75-minute treatments and we both walked out of our respective rooms after 65 minutes (literally, we met in the hallway). We spoke to the Spa Manager about this and she assured us that this was not their policy. She offered to adjust our charges to reflect a 50-minute service, which we felt was more than fair. However, when we looked over our bill when checking out, the adjustment was not there and we had to wait about 10 minutes for the front desk to investigate. In the end, we were not charged for a 50-minute treatment; rather they pro rated the charge for the amount of time we were shorted. This was fine, but not what we were promised. So, it was a tiny black mark at the end of a really great stay. It wouldn't prevent me from returning but I would caution anyone to make sure they get their full alotted time for spa services.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Littleone527
There are newer reviews for The Lodge at Woodloch

Reviewed July 25, 2012

I enjoyed the facilities, the classes were not great (but I am very active and in good shape) I found them not challenging enough or enough variety.

The upside was that I actually relaxed and enjoyed sitting by the pool as I was not bummed to miss a class.

The rooms were beautiful as was the setting.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
woodlochlodge, Manager at The Lodge at Woodloch, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Dear LASNYC215,

Thank you very much for writing about your recent stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed the beautiful setting we have here, as well as the comforts of your guest room. I am sorry that you didn't find the classes to be challenging enough, and that there wasn't enough variety for you to choose from. We have tried to offer more challenging classes, such as Spinning and Body Pump, but would truly appreciate some additional feedback on what type of classes you would find appealing. Please do reach out to me if you have a moment and let me know. Thank you for choosing The Lodge at Woodloch; we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

I spent a wonderful weekend with my two daughters and my cousin and her daughter at the Lodge at Woodloch. Each year we pick a different destination and so far this year's choice was the best one. Nestled in the woods with a lake nearby, the Lodge offers a peaceful and relaxed environment that makes you feel that you really are away. The food was very good, the accommodations were lovely and the staff couldn't have been nicer. Everyone went out of his/her way to make our stay as pleasant as possible. We went kayaking, walking, took various classes and pampered ourselves at the wonderful spa. Afterwards we would sit in our robes outside and enjoy the beautiful scenery. After dinner, we met other guests by the open fire pit located on the outdoor terrace below the dining area. I have been to a number of spa resorts but the Lodge at Woodloch outshines them all.

Room Tip: Our rooms were on the third floor so we had wonderful views from our balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JANDAVIS08
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I can't compare this to other spas or destination spas, etc. I can only say that this trip was a true escape.

The food was magnificent; just healthy enough without being unsatisfying. The service was impeccable. And the activities were perfect for my wife and I. Our second day there looked like this:
-Fishing
-Spinning class
-Chi Gong class
-Lunch
-Stretch and tone class
-Spa treatment and lounging by pool afterward
-Run through the woods to their lake
-Kayak on lake
-Dinner
-Hang out by fire pit (and played UNO).

If that kind of day is up your alley, you'll be in the right place.

Room Tip: I used Trip Advisor to learn that you should request a room that faces the lake rather than the park...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Garo H,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your "escape" here at The Lodge at Woodloch. It looks like you had the perfect day planned out, full of the many options we offer here. Thank you also for your compliments on our cuisine and the service provided to you by our staff. Regarding your room tip, I would like to emphasize for other readers that we have 2 sides to the property - some rooms face the forest & lake side, and others face our rock garden & waterfall side. We have found that the room location preference of our guests is split - there are benefits to both sides of the property, and you can enjoy peace and tranquility from your private veranda regardless of which side your room is located on. Thank you so much for your review; we look forward to welcoming you back to The Lodge in the near future!

Reviewed July 22, 2012

we had a most restful and relaxing time at the lodge at woodloch. amazingly I was only there for 2 days and it went a long way. Folks that can afford to spend more time are definately very lucky!! I have been to canyon ranch before and I liked this better on just about EVERY level. No comparison really. Spa is exceptional, as is the kyacking and the whisper quiet lounge. Really well run and well done. Gift shop is one of my favorite places! To save some money we stayed a night at the beautiful Ledges Hotel in Hawley and that was really great. So were able to get to woodlach not too late and start our stay there.

Room Tip: nice to have a view of the tress and pond
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I cannot say enough about this spa destination. From the time I entered the doors to the time I left my 2-night stay, I felt line a Queen. The service, the meals, the room, the spa services were excellent. It has been added to my 'have to do yearly' list.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 21, 2012

The staff at the Lodge was extremely, warm, inviting, friendly, curtious, and helpful. I enjoyed every minute of my stay. The food was delicious and Debbie was the most perfect hostess. You had plenty to do or plenty of relaxing time. The lake was beautiful and we had a great time kayaking.

I could not find one thing wrong with the Lodge at Woodlock. I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Rose M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawley
Hampton Inn Matamoras
Cove Haven Resort
Cove Haven Resort
#1 of 2 in Lakeville
Woodloch Pines Resort

Been to The Lodge at Woodloch? Share your experiences!