“Very satisfied....I miss my spa buzz!!!!”

The Lodge at Woodloch
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Hawley
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Very satisfied....I miss my spa buzz!!!!”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

My girlfriend and I recently stayed at the Lodge at Woodloch for two nights and we were both extremely pleased. The staff were very friendly and accomodating and the facility is beautiful and incredibly relaxing. We both loved the "massage waterfalls" in the pool area. The food was very good but the only problem was that my friend cannot eat sugar so she was never able to enjoy any of the desserts that the Lodge prepared. The fitness classes were awesome and the instructors were all full of energy and encouraging. I will definitely return and have been recommending this place to everyone that I can think of and hope that other people will be able to enjoy this experience as much as I did.

1 Thank Kara S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 30, 2012

This was our second visit to the Lodge and I am sure there will be more! Once again we stayed three nights which I think is needed to get two full days in and really relax. When we came last year I had many good things to say (all of which are still true) and the only really bad thing was those silly hair dryers they had that looked like they came from a dollar store. First of all, if that is the worst thing you can come up with to complain about, you had a phenomenal stay! Second I would like to report that The Lodge listened and replaced the silly hair dryers with real ones! (although they aren't gone, they have been transferred to the spa bathrooms!)

This visit was very different from the last in that it was very social, much more so than Aaron or I were expecting or even initially wanting it to be. We met couples from all over the country, some friends that lived close by and even a large group of RNs treating themselves to the spa for the day. we were literally rotating from one group of people to the next, sharing drinks, stories and laughs throughout the weekend. It made our anniversary weekend incredibly entertaining!

OK so the specifics:

The Food: In a word, Amazing ! I said last year that I really appreciated the healthy and very tasty way they prepare everything, and luckily nothing has changed. The food is simple, plentiful and very thoughtful. One suggestion, get the Bo Saam for lunch. I had it for all three lunches and would have had it for dinner too if they offered! Only one low point, the fielt mignon was very dry, but it's a small complaint against an otherwise stellar record.

The Staff: So I mentioned Debby last year and I will say it again, she was my favorite! She is so accommodating, friendly and sweet, we were immediately smiling the second we saw her. She made our stay special last year and did again this year. Thank you Debby! Lodge, you need to recognize her STAT! We had two servers multiple times, John and Steve, who were great! Not too aggressive yet took care of all your needs, and we were never looking for them. Having been a waiter myself for years, I think the biggest compliment you can pay a server is if you never have to look for them! The rest of the staff was great as well, everyone really goes out of their way to make you feel taken care of from every angle. Although for what you are paying, they should!

The Spa: Where we spent most of our time. Last year we were pretty aggressive with the classes. This year we were aggressive with sitting in all the hot tubs and pools and doing absolutely nothing, and it was exactly what we needed. For facials you MUST ask for Elaine. I've never had a facial like this before, it was more a face massage than anything else. I wasn't even aware of the different stages taking place because it just all seemed to blend. Awesome! For a massage this is the second time I've had Tommy (by request) and I'm happy I did. He immediately knows what to do and where, and is easily one of the best massages I've had!

Accommodations: Nothing new to add! I still don't like the bed, but that's always going to be a personal preference thing. Our view of the lake was awesome. ALWAYS request a lake view!

So once again I will highly reccommend this place to anyone looking to treat themselves to a super uxurious weeked! I've told many friends about it and have sent my mother, step mother and sister there for day passes and spa services, and they all love it too!

Here is my only (new) gripe with the place, no loyalty/retention program! I would rather not add up how much money I've spent at this place over the past year between our visits and the family visits I paid for. However, nothing special is done for return guests. We received a very nice personalized card in our room upon check in (which I actually saved) but that was it. I am not looking for 10% off future visits or any discount like that. But it would have been a nice gesture for The Lodge to have covered our drinks for our first dinner there, or even have a bottle of wine in the room when we checked in, something small but thoughtful. I think this is something they need to revisit. Granted, people who love this place are going to come back no matter what, and I am sure I will be one of them. But not doing something special for returning guests just left a bad taste in my mouth. And when your experience here is so top-notch and wonderful, as was ours, that is the last thing you want to be feeling.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RobandAaron
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Reviewed April 30, 2012

This was my first time at a destination spa resort.It was worth every penny. The moment you enter the lodge you are taken care of. The staff is very friendly,warm and gracious. The whole experience from spa services,spa facility,food,drinks and activities is very relaxing.I will definitely go there as often as I can.

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 30, 2012

My good friend and I made a decision to take a wellness getaway. We picked a midweek trip to get a better price. From the moment we got there we were shocked at how well we were treated. To be fair she and I have never been to a destination spa before so I cannot compare it to other places. But our experience was lovely. The food was great. The amenities were wonderful. We both made good use of the classes and loved them. We had two spa treatments and they were so nice. If I went again I would save my money on the spa treatments because I do not feel I needed them with all the place had to offer. I can get a massage at home. I would have saved my $ and spent an additional night. Also at night mid week it is pretty quiet and we craved some community and activity but other than that it was one of the best trips I have ever taken.

1 Thank Nicole L
nyc
Reviewed April 30, 2012

the staff was very welcoming. the services were enjoyable. we were very happy with our stay at Woodloch. the grounds were magnificent.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Syosset, New York
Reviewed April 29, 2012

From the moment we entered, we felt relaxed and at ease. The warm and friendly staff could not have been more gracious. The facilities were magnificent, the food was delicious and plentiful (you never felt as if you were eating small spa meals). The treatments were of the highest quality, and the classes were enjoyable. I only wished that drums alive was offered more often. In eight years of going on girls weekends, this is the only place that we will be returning to. Can't wait until next year!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
PA
Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

Nice adult only property with great spa facility. Rooms were very clean, comfortable. With private balcony. Mine overlooked lake and wooded area. Nice shower in room, no tub. Seperate water closet, double sinks. Staff very accommodating for rooms and spa services as well as dining options. My only complaint is no coffee maker in room but it is always available near lobby. Coffee is actually really good for hotel coffee. Would defin recommend a stay here and do not skip the spa. Great outdoor hot tub as well as relaxing indoor pool/ jacuzzi area with waterfall.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank travelmutt1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawley
Hotel Fauchere
#1 of 2 in Lakeville
Silver Birches Resort
Silver Birches Resort
#4 of 7 in Hawley

Been to The Lodge at Woodloch? Share your experiences!