“Best place to go to by car.”

The Lodge at Woodloch
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Hawley
“Best place to go to by car.”
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Want a get away weekend? Make a reservation if you live in the tri state area. All is good at the Lodge. From the moment they park your car to the moment you leave you will experience only the best in food drink, spa and workout facilities. Keep up the great work, will be back soon....

Room Tip: they are all good rooms with a view...
2 Thank Appleteene44

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Gorgeous setting, delicious food, friendly staff and amazing services!

1 Thank Jamie M
Morristown, New Jersey
Reviewed January 22, 2012

This resort is absolutely gorgeous. Lots of wood and stone. Soaring windows. The spa is very nice with lots of offerings. The food is healthy and small portions. We actually lost a couple of pounds over our weekend stay. We did the snow shoeing and also cross country skiing. The mid-grade room was spacious and light. The worst bed we've ever slept on though. They should spring for memory foam beds for the $1200 a night price tag.
This is only a 2 hour drive from Morristown, NJ. Will definitely go back.

Room Tip: Bring your own bed!
1 Thank BoutiqueHotetraveler
Jersey City, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed January 22, 2012

My husband and I spent a couple of days at the Lodge for my 30th birthday; I had read all of the great reviews so I know the experience would be amazing, and it sure was!!! from the moment we were greeted at the gate from a very friendly staff member, from when we get to the check in counter and the folks there already know who we were, we get walked to our room and voila, our luggage is already there, coats hanged and all!! we were there Thursday night and there were of course way less people than Fri and Sat, so I recommend visiting it during the week if possible... the facilities and activities are fantastic... had a Lodge Body Polish by Jordan that was out of this world, he was extremely nice and professional and the products were top notch!

Room Tip: I bet all of the rooms are great :)
West chester, PA
Reviewed January 21, 2012

My dearest friend took me here for a few days to celebrate my 60th birthday. Obviously you all will not be able to spend 3 days with her - which is wonderful enough... This experience was delightful in every way and I agree with all the prior posts. From the first greeting at the front gate throughout our stay the customer service was personal and exceptional from every staff member. Our spa treatments excellent - deep tissue, reflexology and facial. We took an array of classes between us and enjoyed them all. The food was exceptional - full of flavor and distinctive. The entire facility is spotlessly clean. They have thought of every little thing you might need - no detail overlooked. What you see on the website is what you get at the spa with the addition that it is beyond the description.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Princeton, NJ
Reviewed January 21, 2012

My husband and I just spent two glorious nights at the wonderful Lodge at Woodloch. It was a mid-week escape for our upcoming 40th anniversary. Upon our arrival, we were greeted by a "Happy Anniversary" serenade by the bellman and again later by his wife who's smiling face greeted us in the diningroom. Everything in this beautiful lodge is fabulous. The rooms are clean and comfortable with lovely linens, a large tv, closets and a spacious bathroom. Dining is elegently casual with diverse and delicious choices for each meal. Our favorite place was just relaxing in the pool and hot tubs both in and outdoors along with the many different spa treatments and classes that can be scheduled ahead. The Lodge staff makes sure your stay is a truly memorable one by treating you to the very best possible friendly service and hospitality. We plan to return as often as we can.

Room Tip: All rooms are good with easy access to main areas
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Debseer15
New York
Reviewed January 19, 2012

This was my 6th visit to the spa, and one of the best. The setting is beautiful, the food is delicious, the treatments were outstanding (especially the sensitive facial with Emily) and the classes were varied and fun. There are many familiar faces on staff and they remember me from year to year. I always take Marianne's morning stretch and her water class and highly recommend them. I hear the power nap class is great as well. I held back on 5 stars because it was too crowded with day visitors and I got very little out of the wine tasting class.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank bronxmomNewYork
woodlochlodge, Manager at The Lodge at Woodloch, responded to this review, January 23, 2012
Dear bronxmomNewYork,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, and for being such a loyal guest! It is nice that you see familiar faces after 6 visits, and that you enjoyed your treatments and classes. We will certainly recognize Emily and Marianne for their continued excellence. I am sorry to hear that you found it to be too crowded with day visitors. Your overall experience as a guest is extremely important to us, so I assure you that we will address this issue and work hard to find a better balance. We would love to welcome you back for your 7th visit, so if there is anything in particular that I can assist with addressing, please do let me know. Thank you again for sharing your feedback.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawley
Hampton Inn Matamoras
#1 of 2 in Lakeville
Ledges Hotel
Ledges Hotel
#3 of 7 in Hawley

Been to The Lodge at Woodloch? Share your experiences!