“Consistently wonderful”

The Lodge at Woodloch
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Hawley
Reviewed January 18, 2012

Just returned from my 5th visit to Woodloch, and the experience was, once again, wonderful. The facilities are very nice and clean, the treatments are terrific and the food is consistently very good and getting even better. What I like most are the employees - all smiling, willing to please and not an atitude in sight. I highly recommend the Lodge at Woodloch.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for The Lodge at Woodloch

Reviewed January 17, 2012

This was our 5th trip to the Lodge, and I love it every time. The staff is kind and makes us feel like family. The place is beautiful and kept up well. The gym and classes are great. The food is delicious and healthy. But I love the whirlpools - inside and out - and the spa. I think I melted! We can't wait to go again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2012

I love this place! It is beautiful, serene, and special. I have stayed here twice and it is great for both a girls getaway and a romantic weekend. The staff is very friendly, the food is great and the spa is one of the best. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JND54
Reviewed January 15, 2012

My stay at the Lodge was nothing short of amazing. The classes are well taught and inspiring. The rooms and spa are super clean. Everything you see in pictures is actually there and the food is divine. This plae is worth every penny and mile it takes to get there. The location is beautiful. Not only will I go again but I will recommend the Lodge to everybody I know.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Spent two wonderful nights with my 18yr old daughter a little bonding time during school break. We had great service the hostess and wait staff were friendly and attentive. I asked the bartender to suggest a wine and he made a great selection for me. Our spa treatments wer fairly priced and most enjoyable! The outdoor hot tub took my stress away and the pool was refreshing the only complaint I have is I found the waterfalls too strong, since there are two in the pool area maybe one can be made to feel softer, just a suggestion...not really a complaint. The fire pit was a great place after dinner for a cup of tea and good conversation we were lucky to have a full moon.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Biscuitwestchester
Reviewed January 10, 2012

I stayed there this past weekend. Everything was great except for the beds. I would relax all day, exercise, get a massage, etc. but would toss and turn and wake up every morning with back pain. The issue is that the beds sink -- previous reviewers wrote about this as well. I don't know if the beds are old or if that's how they are supposed to be. Also a minor issue the showers in the bathrooms are not very adjustable and you don't get a great shower. It would have been 5 stars except for the beds.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank patravel160795
woodlochlodge, Manager at The Lodge at Woodloch, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2012

Dear patravel160795,

Thank you for your recent review. I am glad that you enjoyed your spa experience, but am very sorry to hear that the bed was not comfortable. I would be very interested in knowing what room you were in so that we can see if that particular mattress needs replacing. Please feel free to contact me any time. Yours is a concern that we take very seriously, and I look forward to hopefully hearing from you. We do hope to welcome you back in the future. Thank you again for taking the time to write about your stay with us.

Reviewed January 8, 2012

This serene location is of a lodge type environment where one would spend time to chill and reenergize from the everyday routine. The fitness programs were perfectly chosen and well balanced. There is something for all levels and availablity of times are all day long. The cuisine is fresh and of high quality, impeccably prepared and served with a smile. I loved just chill'in in front of the many fireplaces with some herbal tea and homemade petite sweets. We were fortunate to have a light sweeping of snow which added yet another dimension to the property. Pick and choose how you want to spend your time and that's it.......truly a wonderful experience and have already recommended it to many my clients as a destination spa within reasonable driving distance from NYC. DD

Room Tip: All rooms are nicely located. We stayed in a room that was ground level and we could look out and s...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawley
Hampton Inn Matamoras
Cove Haven Resort
Cove Haven Resort
#1 of 2 in Lakeville
Woodloch Pines Resort

Been to The Lodge at Woodloch? Share your experiences!