“A wonderful way to celebrate with my daughters who are turning 18 and 21”

The Lodge at Woodloch
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Hawley
Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
“A wonderful way to celebrate with my daughters who are turning 18 and 21”
Reviewed January 3, 2012

This was my 6th visit to Woodloch........lucky me! I have been there previously with my husband and with girlfriends. This was the first mom/daughter trip. It did not disappoint. Over the span of four years that I have been going to Woodloch, it just keeps getting better and better. The best way to recharge and relax. It comes at a price but I can say that its worth every penny. Particular highlights this time were Restorative Yoga.......awesome! and the outdoor hot tub as it was snowing. Food remains top notch. My girls and I loved every minute.

1 Thank Denise M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
New York, NY
Reviewed January 2, 2012

My husband and I spent four nights at the Lodge right before the New Year, and had a wonderful time -- better than either of us anticipated. We will definitely return.

He had some reservations about the notion of a "spa" and we both were a bit unsure about having all of our meals there, despite the good food reviews. As it turned out, he loved all the activities and we both found the on-site dining a major plus in taking all stress out of the vacation. No decisions -- other than the time of the dinner reservation -- and as others noted, the food was truly excellent (this from New Yorkers who eat out in the city on a regular basis). The quality was outstanding -- perhaps the best lamb I've ever had -- beautifully presented and in more than good size portions. Lunch included a nice salad buffet and dinner was four courses, including dessert. My one food quibble was breakfast, since the emphasis was on hot plated items (eggs, omelettes, etc.) and I tend to like lighter fare (no cold cereal, for instance, or cheeses), but fruit and yogurt were plentiful and there was oatmeal daily, along with fresh mini muffins. Coffee and tea were also available from early morning till 9PM, or so, which was a nice touch, with cookies included in the late afternoon.

The room (junior suite) was spacious and well laid out, with a comfy couch for reading/lounging. Someone mentioned a hard bed, but we thought it was really comfortable, with good linens. The hotel had also just upgraded to larger flat screen TVs, although we hardly turned ours on. We did the morning hikes (they shuttle you to a hiking site), which were great and then lounged or took classes (yoga, cooking, spinning) in the afternoon, ending the day with a gym workout and massage. Latish dinner with good wine and a short walk back to room and our very comfy bed. What can I say -- heaven all around!

The staff and service are outstanding -- shout-outs to Christa (food services manager) and Mallory (waitress) -- everyone was friendly and helpful. Frankly, I can't think of a single negative. It is pricey, although about half of what I understand Canyon Ranch and other high end places charge, and it is definitely a 4/5 star spa and property. The facility was really nicely done, scrupulously clean and very comfortable, with a lovely indoor pool (although no outdoor pool), lounging areas, and an outdoor jacuzzi that was fabulous at night, and all our massages were first-rate. Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: The lake view room was great, although it appears that none of the rooms overlook the parking lot, w...
1 Thank luxlovernyc
Haddonfield, New Jersey
Reviewed January 1, 2012

My wife and I had the pleasure of spending three nights at the Lodge with our two adult children. We had gone to Woodloch Pines when the children were younger and always had a marvelous time enjoying the resort and the unique level of service which makes you feel like a member of an extended Woodloch family. ThIs was our first trip to the Lodge and we found the same magical service and attitude from the minute we arrived. All the staff was friendly and did a great job of making you feel at home. The setting is beautiful and was just what we needed for a family getaway. The spa facilities and services are top notch. The fitness classes were varied and the fitness staff went out of their way to work with you. The food was outstanding and the staff in the dining area was friendly and responded well to individual requests. There is a special magic to Woodloch. We felt like we had returned "home" and all of us look forward to returning.

1 Thank Z5friday
Montclair, New Jersey
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Most everything has already been said, will share our experince which was one of great service, delicious food and very enjoyable spa services for both my husband and I. This all came at a price of course! There were fireworks across the lake at 6pm on NYE, wish we had been told they were going to occur, just happened to be lucky enough to catch them. Loved getting to wear our robes throughout the day and the relaxed atmosphere this created. Even dinner for NYE was a mix of those of us who dressed up and others who stayed casual in jeans. Live music both Friday and Saturday nights was very enjoyable, be sure to ask for a table nearby if you want to be able to hear the performers. I believe the property was sold out but we never felt like space was too crowded, either in Spa or sitting spaces around hotel. Two of our best memories made were spending time at the fire pit both nights and on New Years Day at 7:30am in the outside ot tub - with no one else around! Would love to visit again.

Room Tip: I had requested a room on 3rd floor overlooking lake which was granted - 313. If going in summer wh...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bragghouse
Chester Springs, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Our stay was the result of the decision to treat ourselves to the ending of a very hard year.
We chose Woodloch because it appeared to offer everything that we needed to relax and rejuvenate. The service was impeccable from the moment we arrived. The food was wonderful and very healthy. The spa was beyond our wildest imagination. It was full of the most amazing treatments. My only complaint was the quality of the bed. I have back and hip issues and needed several spa treatments which were were fantastic however, they were cancelled out by sleeping three nights in a very uncomfortable bed.
I rate our experience 4.5 out of 5 stars. If the bed has been better, the lodge would have been heavenly!

1 Thank Catherine K
woodlochlodge, Manager at The Lodge at Woodloch, responded to this review, December 31, 2011
Dear Catherine K,

Thank you for your recent review! It is nice to hear that our level of service, and the spa facilities exceeded your expectations. I am sorry that you found the bed in your room to be uncomfortable; if you feel inclined to do so, I would greatly appreciate knowing if it was too soft or too hard, so that we can take a look at the specific bed you were in. Please reach out to me if you would like. Also, should you return to stay with us, please let me know in advance and we can provide a bed board (if the bed was too soft). Thank you again for taking the time to write about your stay. We would love to welcome you back to The Lodge at Woodloch!
new jersey
Reviewed December 30, 2011

The Lodge at Woodloch was fantastic. Spa services were unparalled. Facility is spotless. Food terrific. The perfect place for a couple to relax.

1 Thank saltysdad
Harrisburg, PA
Reviewed December 29, 2011

My third trip to The Lodge occurred this past week to celebrate my sister's 60th birthday. She had never been there before and thought it was as fabulous I do. It truly was a great experience for both of us.

Everything about this facility is top notch - from the staff to the rooms to the food. The first time I went in 2008 I was completely blown away that such a place existed so close to home. The second time was a year later and was just as memorable as the first. This third time was the best so far as I got to spend it with my sister AND she enjoyed it as much as I did.

This will always be on my list of best vacation spots in Pennsylvania!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawley
Hampton Inn Matamoras
#1 of 2 in Lakeville
Ledges Hotel
Ledges Hotel
#3 of 7 in Hawley

Been to The Lodge at Woodloch? Share your experiences!