“Awesome Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Hawley
new jersey
“Awesome Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2011

The Lodge at Woodloch was fantastic. Spa services were unparalled. Facility is spotless. Food terrific. The perfect place for a couple to relax.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank saltysdad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
Harrisburg, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

My third trip to The Lodge occurred this past week to celebrate my sister's 60th birthday. She had never been there before and thought it was as fabulous I do. It truly was a great experience for both of us.

Everything about this facility is top notch - from the staff to the rooms to the food. The first time I went in 2008 I was completely blown away that such a place existed so close to home. The second time was a year later and was just as memorable as the first. This third time was the best so far as I got to spend it with my sister AND she enjoyed it as much as I did.

This will always be on my list of best vacation spots in Pennsylvania!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

My wife and I did a quick trip to Woodloch. It is always tough to get away with children at home. This was an amazing weekend. The lodge has a nice small size feel so very easy to get around. The accomadations are beautiful and the restaurant is amazing. The food is all very fresh and healthy with varying menus daily. My wife had a spa treatment and I used the health club. We also took a yoga class which was ideal for beginners. This is the perfect quick getaway-even though only a weekend you leave completely relaxed and rejuvenated.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2011

Lovely relaxing weekend. Not perfect, but very good. Excellent food - healthful, tasty, unusual, good portions. Huge variety of fresh ingredients. Little disappointed in breakfast but lunch and dinner were fabulous. Comfortable calm surroundings. Clean room, nice view. Great to be able to walk around in bathrobe. Terrific pool. Wonderful massage, manicure, and pedicure. One complaint is that I took a morning stretch class and an aqua aerobics class (not what it was called, but that was the idea) and both were taught by a teacher who was filling in for the regular teachers and who was absolutely clueless about what she was doing. Very sweet person but not able to teach these classes well. Also had the same teacher for a yoga class. It was the class she usually teaches and she was excellent so I don't really blame her for the other two dismal classes. You just can't assign a yoga instructor to teach water aerobics and figure they can wing it. I was also very disappointed that the pool area closed so early - 8:30. There was really nothing to do in the evenings.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
woodlochlodge, Manager at The Lodge at Woodloch, responded to this review, December 28, 2011
Dear Andy J,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us at The Lodge at Woodloch. I am glad you enjoyed your room, the cuisine, and the relaxed atmosphere - we encourage our guests to wear their robes as much as possible, as we want you to feel like you are at home. Regarding your concerns with the teacher that was filling in for the classes you took, I am sorry that the experience was not up to your expectations; I have passed this information along to our Spa Director and we will follow up with the individual involved. Your feedback is valuable to us, and we take it very seriously. Thank you again, and we do hope to welcome you back in the future.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2011

I went here with my husband and had high expectations. The front desk staff was rude there were only 32 guests in the whole place and they didn't know who we were. It cost alot of money and I think there are other spas to go to that would be better. The food was great place was really nice but value not good.
hope this helps

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kar w
woodlochlodge, Manager at The Lodge at Woodloch, responded to this review, January 5, 2012
Dear kar w,
Thank you for your recent review. I am sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your experience. Because we don't receive many comments like this, and because we put a lot of effort into making sure we know exactly who each and every guest is, I would greatly appreciate an opportunity to speak with you about specifics. With more information, I will be able to address your concerns in more detail. If you are so inclined, it would be great to hear from you. Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at The Lodge at Woodloch.
New City, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2011

We have been to the Lodge at Woodlock three times, and have enjoyed each stay. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. The staff at the spa reception desk recognizes us each time that we returned. The spa treatments are really wonderful. Tried reflexology for the first time, and dozed off for a few minutes- something that I never do. We are looking forward to returning there. The Lodge is only 2 hours from our home in New City, NY.

Room Tip: ask to face the lake
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Woodloch, Manager at The Lodge at Woodloch, responded to this review, December 18, 2011
Dear nurselindag,

Thank you so much for your recent feedback. It is a pleasure to hear that you are a repeat guest! Thank you for taking time to acknowledge the spa desk staff - it sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed your visit, and especially your reflexology. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
new york
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2011

phone went off every morning at 8 am. staff could not fix. food was awful. when asked to leave at item off a any dish we were told it was already prepared and couldn't be altered. i am convinced food was prepared, frozen and then thawed for serving. this is the worst spa i have ever stayed at.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sgmdok
Dear sgmdok,

Thank you for your recent feedback. As we have already corresponded regarding your stay, I would once again like to apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced. We have addressed the automated wake up call issue, and I have followed up with the restaurant regarding their ability to offer substitutions. I can guarantee you that all of our food is prepared fresh daily, and that we have a chef in the kitchen at all times.

When we first communicated, I offered you a complimentary nights' stay in order to return, so that we can make amends on any of the issues you experienced. We take your feedback very seriously, and although you refused this offer, it still stands. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back in the future, if you so choose. Thank you again for taking the time to write about your stay here at The Lodge.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawley
Hotel Fauchere
3.5 of 5 bubbles 2,526 reviews
Ledges Hotel
Ledges Hotel
#3 of 7 in Hawley

Been to The Lodge at Woodloch? Share your experiences!