“Most Relaxing Place Ever!!”

The Lodge at Woodloch
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Hawley
Freehold, New Jersey
“Most Relaxing Place Ever!!”
Reviewed November 3, 2011

This Spa is the most amazing I have ever been too. Owning a vacation home at the Springs (across the street from the Lodge) is even better now with a Spa. Amazing ratings from Travel & Leisure, Conde Nast, Forbes.....) E-mail me for any questions!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank AJPost820

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed November 1, 2011

This was my third visit to this amazing facility this year and I enjoy it more with every trip. I love the classes, especially the Hula Hoop class with Kelly and the yoga and pilates classes with Maryann. Blake conducted a "Broadway Diva" class that was so much fun and I loved the meditation classes and aqua challenge activities. Jennifer at the front desk is so welcoming and knowledgeable and Debbie, the hostess in the dining room is so pleasant.Servers that were so outstanding in the dining room are Mallory, Mark and Nicole. The food is gourmet and beautifully presented.I look forward to many more trips to "my" getaway home in the Poconos.

Room Tip: I prefer the third floor for the best view.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank temasteele
Philadelphia
Reviewed October 20, 2011

My wife and I just returned from a three night stay at the Lodge at Woodloch. We are in our 30s, professional and fairly well travelled--having stayed at various Four Seasons around the country. We made a last minute decision to stay at the Lodge for some much needed R and R after reading about it online.

The Lodge exceeded our expectations in every way possible. Unfortunately we got lost enroute and missed dinner but they were kind enough to set aside a few wraps for us upon check in. The overall hospitality and friendliness of the staff is impressive. It seemed that no request was too much to ask and we were greeted by warm smiles and friendly conversation with everyone we encountered. With only 58 rooms they nail the art of providing a personal and friendly experience.

The appearance of the Lodge is warm, inviting, immaculately clean and most of all relaxing. The rooms are large, quiet and comfortable. I would rate the overall ambience of the Lodge as on par with a Four Seasons resort.

The food is fresh, tasty and the menu variety is impressive. The serving sizes were more than adequate for my wife and I but I could see how someone with a heartier appetite than ours could still feel hungry after dinner.

The spa is beyond words. We took advantage of the spa facilities every day as well as different treatments every day. Each seemed better than the preceding one. Again, the overall spa experience easily surpassed any other spa experience Ive had in 5 star resorts.

In all we were more than pleased with our decision to visit the Lodge and will certainly recommend it to like minded travelers and visit again soon.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AR-Philly
Ledgewood, NJ
Reviewed October 13, 2011

I went to the spa for the first time after searching for health spas. I was in very much need for relaxation and rejuvenation. I am so impressed with the surroundings, the amenities, and the knowledge of the staff. I don't think the owners left anything for the guests to ask for. Every nuance and aspect of the lodge was thought of and left nothing for me, the guest, to have to ask for. The staff were knowledgeable in every aspect of their job. The food was amazing.

I am so looking forward to another visit to rejuvenate.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Eileen B
Scranton, PA
Reviewed September 28, 2011

the overall impression of The Lodge at Woodloch,, a spa destinatiion was unbelievable. The local is in harmony with nature. Beautiful Autumn Harvest colors, a peaceful glistening lake and even deer surround the resort. The resort is extremely comfortable and very conducive for relaxation. However the class and activity schedule provided upon checkin assured plenty of activity. Such included, outdoor adventures like kayaking, biking, hiking or just nature appreciation. Workouts ranged from ballroom dancing, zumba, spinning, stepping to ipersonal training, The pool area was surrounded by waterfalls, large picture windows and a stone pool large enough for lap swimmers. Golf was also availanle. Mind and body classes were also provided. My favorite activites involved culinary pursuits, yes eating. The food was an epicurian fantasy.Healthy gourmet never tasted so good. It was amazing what they did with whole wheat to create desserts and bread. The pastry chef even gave a cooking demo.
Since this was a Spa, you could enjoy the three fantastic meals, plus tea and cookies and not worry about calories. Wine appreciation enhanced, by a knowledgeable sommelier, Leslie
and an extensive wine lists were provided.The staff at Woodloch were all amazing, proficient
yet personally engaging. The two Courtneys, Mallory and Haylee provided sunshine even on a cloudy day. They gave the feeling that everything is possible. I truly found Heaven in my own backyard. I know I will visit again soon.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Linzmon
Garden City, New York
Reviewed September 26, 2011

5 good college friends living now in 3 different states with 10 little kids between them were able to escape to have a the perfect girl's weekend.. Friendly staff willing to go that extra mile, great meals, wonderful spa, great activities for everyone (morning mediatation, cooking demos, zumba, kayaking,etc. - something for everyone... ) We were able to catch up, cry, laugh and really enjoy ourselves - It was lots of fun!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank NYCFoodieMom
Levittown, New York
Reviewed September 15, 2011

My husband and I were looking for someplace close by to just relax and renew ourselves for our 25th anniversary and found all that we were looking for and more at The Lodge at Woodloch. We were so impressed by the kindness and professionalism of the staff. The healthy food was delicious, the hotel immaculate, the spa facility and classes top-notch! It is a great destination spa for couples who need a little time for themselves. We would definately return and highly recommend it!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jacqueline H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawley
Hampton Inn Matamoras
#1 of 2 in Lakeville
Ledges Hotel
Ledges Hotel
#3 of 7 in Hawley

Been to The Lodge at Woodloch? Share your experiences!