The Lodge at Woodloch
$166
Cove Haven Resort(Lakeville)
$214
  • Pool
Lake Mocatek Inn(Lakeville)(Great Value!)
$95
Wayne Inn(Honesdale)
$74
Hotel Wayne(Honesdale)
$100
Comfort Inn Pocono Lakes Region(Lake Ariel)(Great Value!)
$110
ComfortInn
Skytop Lodge(Skytop)
$215
Priceline
TripAdvisor
1,264 results
All reviewsspa treatmentsart classesfitness classesthe outdoor hot tubwhisper loungetop notcheucalyptus steam roommother daughtercanyon ranchspa areagreat spafire pitwatercolor classgreat wall of yogaget awaycooking demobreakfast and lunch
Reviewed September 15, 2011

We had a wonderful stay at the Lodge at Woodloch. The facilities are lovely--comfortably luxurious--and the staff extremely friendly and helpful. The food is fabulous--healthy gourmet cuisine served in appropriately modest quantities (although you always can get more or load up at the buffet at breakfast and lunch), with a live guitarist every night at dinner. The exercise classes were varied and great fun both for devoted exercisers (my husband) and those with more modest abilities (me). The pond for kayaking is small, but fun to enjoy. There are a number of guided local hikes offered, but we got information from the resort and easily enjoyed them on our own. The spa facilities are beautiful. I had just one treatment, but it was excellent. The outdoor hot tub overlooking the property was a delight. The resort adds a service charge to the room rate to cover all gratuities, so you never feel as if you're bleeding money to tip each of the services providers--I didn't open my wallet for the entire stay!

A small complaint is that a number of the activities for which we needed to sign up in advance had limited space and we were put on a number of waiting lists (we were there over Labor Day weekend). In fact, we cleared the waiting list for each of those activities, but we didn't know until the last minute that we were going to be able to participate. The up side of that is that you can change your mind about participating until the last minute; given the questionable weather while we were there, that was a nice option. Another small complaint is that we would have enjoyed a general interest evening activity option--a talk on the history of the area, Zane Gray (who's from the area), etc.

Although this isn't a weight-loss spa, I actually lost a few pounds while I was there, notwithstanding the outstanding food. Being physcially active at Woodloch was great fun, and it felt great to return from vacation feeling fitter! We will most definitely return!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank siouxknox
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Here's the quick review, best said by my wife on Day 3 of our stay at Woodloch:

"...thinking that my leaving here will involve the local sheriff & an extraction team."

Why? Woodloch is wonderful. It rained the entire time we were there and we didn't care. It was still wonderful. Excellence abounds here, from the staff, the food, and all the details in between. Zero complaints, and would gladly drive back tomorrow if we weren't bothered with these pesky things called Normal Life & Work.

If you want details, contact me. But know that in 20 years, I've never stayed at a place with so much attention to detail.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank El_Mengi
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Destination spa? I don't think so.... Having been to a number of real destination spas and resorts in this country and abroad, I was looking forward to finding one without having to get on an airplane, but something just didn't feel right. From the rushed and incomplete tour of the premises, with a staff member who punctuated every other word with "OK?" to the frayed carpet and dirty threshold of the elevator, to the stained carpet in our smaller than average room, something didn't add up, unless of course it was the hefty daily rates. The room was dark, even with all lights turned on. The pillows were lumpy and uncomfortable. As for the turn-down service: on the first night, we found the comforter tossed on the floor behind a chair in the corner of the room. Requests for the removal of the comforter made at the front desk had not been handled by the following evening, so we asked the housekeeping staff directly. It was removed, but not replaced.

The dining room: well, they could and did accommodate my dietary restrictions with a limited number of options. Being seated directly under a cold air vent was unpleasant - although they said there were no other seats available, I noticed other couples being seated elsewhere in the room. Dinner included a barely tepid and barely seasoned piece of fish. One lunch had another piece of fish which was so "off" that I had to send it back to the kitchen, not something I've had to do before. Not surprising that I got very sick the following day. Another jarring note was a server loudly chewing gum with an open mouth, all the more absurd with the one-arm-behind-the-back stance of a professional server.

More frayed carpet on the stairs was surprising, given how new the facility is. Guest cell phone use was ubiquitous, despite published requests for guests to cease from cell phone use in public areas.

High points to the spa facility and staff, who were friendly, courteous and professional. The spa is immaculate, other than stained carpet in the treatment areas. Services were overpriced, but that is to be expected. My only complaint was the cold massage oils and lotions - I'm used to slightly warmed.

I couldn't say what exactly bother me most - it wasn't simply the many discordant notes. This place seemed to be missing something that other places had, and the whole experience left me feeling like we had been ripped off. The sum of the parts did not add up to a pleasurable and relaxing stay. Definitely will not return.

Room Tip: ask for a lake view; the waterfall side provides an excellent view of the parking lot!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Marja848
woodlochlodge, Manager at The Lodge at Woodloch, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2011

Dear Marja848,

Thank you for your recent review. We appreciate you taking the time to share feedback regarding your stay with us. First of all, I would like to apologize for the problems you encountered during your stay, and for the inconsistencies that led to an overall poor experience. I would greatly appreciate an opportunity to speak with you further, if you are willing and able to. I can tell you that each and every one of the issues you mentioned will be addressed and rectified, and your feedback will be shared with each member of our management team for follow up. I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed September 8, 2011

Wife and I spent a few days de-stressing, exercising, eating, and enjoying peace and quiet together at this excellent destination spa. Great place for adults. Delicious, healthy gourmet meals. Great treatments. Terrific staff. I really enjoyed the hiking excursions (which may be difficult to go on in the weeks after Irene). I plan on returning with her. Lose the kids and get happy at this place. Men, don't be afraid of the word spa. This place is great.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pickynotsnooty
woodlochlodge, Manager at The Lodge at Woodloch, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2011

Dear pickynotsnooty,

Thank you for your recent review. We are glad that you were able to de-stress during your visit - it seems to become harder to do in today's world. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed our outdoor activities; I am happy to announce that none of our trails or excursions have been significantly impacted by Irene, so we will be fully operational throughout the fall and winter seasons. Thank you also for speaking to the men out there that may be hesitant to indulge in the spa experience. We have something for everyone, from the hiking you mentioned, to trail biking, fishing, and golf. And for those guys out there that enjoy a good beer at the end of the day, we have a very unique selection to choose from. Your comments mean a lot to us; thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed September 6, 2011

The Lodge at Woodloch in Hawley, PA is Woodloch Pines Resort all grown up--wiser, more sophisticated, and very comfortable in its own skin. From the minute the front gate lifts, the only thing keeping you from relaxing and enjoying yourself is YOU!
Avail yourself of all The Lodge has to offer--there are fitness classes, each led by experienced professionals who take the time to individually make sure you optimize your workout. Of course, there is Drums Alive--a dynamic and popular class that has been mentioned before, but there are also quieter and more spiritual classes (meditation, yoga, pilates) that are equally engaging.
There are outdoor adventures to nearby locations, hiking, biking and kayaking. All equipment and transportation is provided, all you need is the motivation to sign up for them.
Exercise not your thing? Take an afternoon watercolor class with artist John. You are guaranteed to leave the class with a very successful painting. Many have framed theirs, or have used them for holiday cards.
There are also cooking demonstrations. Chef Adam chooses recipes from ingredients readily available in your local supermarket, and keeps the prep and cooking time to a minimum, so that it will be easy to replicate at home.
When will the Lodge at Woodloch cookbook come out? I would love to have a compilation of recipes that the kitchen uses.
Speaking of food--the executive chef and staff at Tree (the restaurant) have both your health and palate in mind when they create their menus. They use local fresh produce, herbs from the Lodge's own garden and a multitude of whole grains from quinoa to chia seeds, and each choice is more delicious than the next.
The serving staff, under the watchful of of both Robin and her "unbelievable" counterpart, Alva, are professional, knowledgeable, and friendly. Heather, Mallory, Haylee, Bridget, Courtney F, and Michael (more bread please), all made our experience even more special.
Although we booked the intro to the spa rate which does not include treatments (they are available ala carte from the spa menu), we have a list of names of practitioners that others during our stay swooned about, and look forward to that part of the trip next time.
There are two suggestions I would make, though. Some spa guests travel on their own. I think a communal table in the restaurant during certain times would give the guest the option of dining alone, or with others.
Also, there is wonderful live music during dinner, and evening lectures during special weekends, but I think a lighted path to take an after dinner stroll, and an evening program or two would be a welcome addition.
Mr. K, you have a wonderful gem in your hands, please keep it this way.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank RoadLessTravelledNJ

Dear RoadLessTravelledNJ,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your glowing review of your experience with us! I am glad that you were able to connect with many of our wonderful staff members during your visit. We also appreciate your excellent suggestions - increased programming for non-peak weekends is being worked on currently, and regarding a community table, we do try to put one together whenever possible - as a suggestion to other readers out there, if you are traveling alone, and would like to sit with other solo travelers, please let us know in advance, and we will do our best to set something up. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with others. Your comments and feedback are the best advertising of all, and guest feedback is the most rewarding to our staff!