“This is a gem, whether for an active vacation or a pamper-fest.”

The Lodge at Woodloch
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Hawley
Reviewed June 25, 2011

We have been to the Lodge 3 times - fall, winter and summer - and have had a great time each time. The Lodge and surroundings are lovely, the food is delicious and the activities, be they outdoor (e.g., hiking, walking, kayaking, snowshoeing) or indoor (e.g., exercise and arts classes, cooking demonstrations, wine tasting) are lots of fun and well done. The quality and variety of instruction are excellent, and the staff is extremely friendly and accommodating, meaning great service. Rooms are large and comfortable, with big marble bathrooms. Periodically they have great deals, especially mid-week, that bring prices down and make it more affordable. What distinguishes it from other destination spas of such quality is that it is small-scale. Also it's only 5 years old and in very good shape. There is an outdoor horizon whirlpool looking out over a forested area and a two-tied waterfall whirlpool near the glassed-in indoor pool. All in all, a great getaway in this lovely area of northeast Pennsylvania.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lovetakingtrains
Write a ReviewReviews (1,228)

Reviewed June 21, 2011

My 2 friends and I decided to take a long weekend vacation and didn't know where to go. Trip Advisor led us to The Lodge and it was seriously one of the best vacation weekends I have ever experienced.
From our first contact at the gatehouse til the time we left, we were treated better than royalty. Michele at the desk was friendly, helpful and accomodating. Robin the hostess- well we just wanted to take her and all her family home with us!! She friended us and later met her future daughter-in-law, who was our wonderful waitress and saw her other kids in the Musical at the adjoining property. We had a health issue and our room request was fulfilled so quickly, even we couldn't believe they were so accomodating. The meals were so delicious we insisted on meeting the chef and congratulating him.
The activities were fun with enough offerings that we all found several we loved. TAKE THE PAINTING CLASS- I never knew I was an artist! I am not as rigorous an athlete as my friends so I skipped the Bike trail but they had a blast! Josh took us on a hike one day then taught us Geocaching the next. (Samantha, the chemical engineer, saved my life going up the trailhead :). Bill's River Kayak was calm, peaceful and fun. Everyone took time w us, was kind and helpful. The rooms were large, comfortable and clean. The spa was the best I have ever been to. The women were cleaning constantly- nothing messed up, dirty or empty as other spas I have been in. Great relaxing Massage w Tommie. All in all, I highly recommend this place and will be going back with both my friends and my husband. Kudos to all the staff! Nicole, Michael, Stephanie, Heather...too many to name but all knowledgeable, helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: just ask!!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank loozermama
Reviewed June 19, 2011

I came across woodloch searching for something special to do for our 10th wedding anniversary and Woodloch was absolutely perfect.

Amazing friendly staff, from Michele at the front desk to the hostesses in the dining area, they go out of thier way to make you feel at home and a guest.

My wife was instantly in love with this place as well and has already been thinking about when we can plan another stay.

Great activities, great facilities, great staff, great food. Truely the best vacation spot my wife and i have been to. Thank you woodloch for an excellent memorable anniversary.

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank Aluy123
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I attended a conference at the lodge. The staff was amazing!! If you go you must use the SPA!! The property sits on a wonderful private lake that you can enjoy a boat ride, or sip a glass of wine while watching the sunset. The resort is perfect for families or couples looking to get away for the weekend. The Lodge has so much to offer.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank businesstraveler1968
woodlochlodge, Manager at The Lodge at Woodloch, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2011

Dear Businesstraveler1968,
Thank you for your recent review! We are glad that your organization chose the Lodge as a conference site, and that you enjoyed your entire experience. We are a wonderful destination for corporate retreats and meetings; what better way to wind down after a day of meetings than to retreat to the spa. Thank you also, for the compliments on our staff. We take great pride in offering exceptional service with a genuine, unpretentious approach. You also mentioned that we are a great destination for families and couples - since we are adults only (16+), our sister property, Woodloch Pines, is a great family resort located just 2 miles away. You can experience the best of both worlds during your visit with us! Thank you again for taking the time to write about your recent stay. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 2, 2011

My boyfriend and I went for Memorial day weekend. We LOVED it. We will be back. We went mountain biking with Josh, he was wonderful. We are going back in October. I recommend this to everyone.

2  Thank SummerFunN
Reviewed May 31, 2011

Service was impecable... I didn't think people smiled that much! Everyone went out of their way to help us - more than any hotel I've ever stayed at. If you want a spa get-a-away, this is the place. It was completely relaxing and serene. The food at the restaurant was simple and healthy, yet taste amazing! There isn't a nightlife here so you need to be comfortable laying around and relaxing. By far, a great experience and we will definitely return!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third floor facing the lake
2  Thank AaronRob0413
Reviewed May 30, 2011

My fiancé surprised me for my birthday with a trip to the Lodge for Memorial Day weekend. I knew this place was high end, and I expected the service and food to be great. However, when you roll it all together, and your experience is the same no matter which way you turn, you have now entered the Lodge's secret weapon, consistency!
The 8 meals we had (one morning we didn't make breakfast) were all tasty, of high qualify, and just the right portions, not to mention delicious! We were impressed with the 'stripped down' approach they seem to take, using simple ingredients and herbs and letting the food speak for itself. Too often high end restaurants bury the food under fancy sauces, fat or pretense. Tree proudly presented it's food in a very unpretentious yet extremely confident way, we really appreciated that!
The service was insane! From the dudes that took our car and luggage, to Debbie, who we saw so often for meals that I think we dated her briefly, (Debbie thanks again for always getting us our favorite table!) to the front desk and wait staff. Everyone was so wonderful, we were convinced something was being pumped into the air vents to keep everyone so happy! It was a breathe of fresh air to be around people that remind you that you need to smile more!
The Spa was great and we spent the majority of our time there. Our treatments were top notch and we loved spending time in the hot tubs and pool. The spa staff again was so helpful and friendly. I got an amazing massage and facial, along with a unique body treatment, over a two day span.
As for the room, we tried to upgrade but to no avail, booked! We loved our room though and was so happy it had a fridge! We loved the idea of using our robes as part of our daily wardrobe, it had to be ripped off me by the end of the day!
I only have two small suggestions. Someone previously mentioned the rather silly hairdryer that needs to be replaced and upgraded. I concur. Ours was broke by the time we checked
out. I also thought our mattress was a bit soft and may need to be replaced, then again, I like a firm bed!
All in all, I thank Aaron for surprising me with such a lovely and much needed weekend retreat. The Lodge had exactly what we needed, and yet was still able to surprise us turn after turn. Consistency people...Lodge don't lose it, this is what makes you shine!!!

Room Tip: Request to face the back of the property on Level3
5  Thank RobandAaron
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawley
Hotel Fauchere
#1 of 1 in Skytop
Cove Haven Resort
Cove Haven Resort
#1 of 2 in Lakeville

Been to The Lodge at Woodloch? Share your experiences!