“Love it. Serene and beautiful!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Ledges Hotel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Hawley
New York, New York, United States
“Love it. Serene and beautiful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Great scenery with waterfalls on the deck. Everything close by. Nicest people! Boat House best food and sunset too! Will definitely keep in mind for the future. Pretty nice night life too! Big and pleasant surprise all around!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Maria D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

My wife and I were on tight budget but wanted to do something special for our 10th anniversary. My wife hit the web for a nice vacation spot within a 3 hours drive. Low and behold we found The Settler's Inn which is the sister hotel to the Ledges. Upon inspections of the the different packages that The Settler's Inn had to offer, one included a voucher for the Glass restaurant at the Ledges. At first we both assumed that the Ledges was a hole in the wall kind of inn with a pub but we were exponentially surprised when we decided to Google the Ledges. The pictures alone were enough to draw us in but they don't do justice to actually being there and experiencing this great place.

The views were breathtaking and the service was top notch. Even though we stayed on the ground level we felt like we were living it up in the lap of luxury. This place is well hidden from the beaten path but not so much so that you could not walk to anywhere you want to spend time at. Lake Wallenpaupack is a short drive away and you can take lake tours as well as swim if it strikes your fancy.

We had stayed at Cove Haven Resort for our 5th anniversary and I can honestly say that I enjoyed the Ledges more. We liked our accommodations so much that we looked into staying an extra night. The concierge was so helpful and wonderful that she gave us the best top floor suite for the same price as the hotel room we had rented for the first few days. Once she had learned that we were celebrating our 10th anniversary she arranged for our master suite and accented it with drinks and gourmet truffles to make it a memorable end to our beautiful escape.

I absolutely fell in love with the place and would go back in a heartbeat. The Scandinavian-like simplicity and elegant design of the rooms and hotel ambiance made it am A++ place in my book. I have never been so relaxed and entertained as I have been at my stay at the Ledges in Hawley, PA. We checked out the Silk Mill and the Cocoon Cafe also owned by the family who owns the Ledges and the Settler's Inn and it was wonderful.

I will always recommend the Ledges as it has become one of my favorite places in PA. I met a lot of very nice people and got to enjoy a masterpiece of nature displayed outside my window. Simply awesome.

Room Tip: Room 118 was budget brilliance.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Green Brook NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I certainly didn't! I was very, very fortunate to get a same-day reservation. I made countless trips through the Poconos throughout my childhood and eschewed everything associated with the Poconos--until now. I came to Hawley for the wonderful music venue Harmony at the Silk Mill. The lovingly restored building and grounds are just beautiful--can't beat the natural setting. The modern decor from the great room to my bathroom made me feel I was in Scandinavia and was a welcome change from my Adirondack-style home. .

The staff was extremely friendly and knowledgeable, and probably would have stood on their heads to accommodate me. Since it's not a large hotel, there's plenty of parking. And yes, there's Sunday morning yoga, but I preferred to sip my coffee on the deck (it was an unusually warm day and participants were right in the sun on the "serenity deck"). I didn't give Ledges an extra star because, being an old building, it was a tad noisy--I could hear people talking and doors banging as they retired for the evening (this was around midnight, I think, I was abed about 11), and, as in reviews from other Trip Advisor reviewers in other hotels, one could hear their next door/above neighbors using the bathroom...just comes with the territory. Ledges scored extra points for providing Harney & Sons teas (though I didn't see any hot water, and when I tried to use the water cooler I was unsuccessful so I had coffee instead), but lost points for the breakfast pastries--mini croissants and danish that looked like they were purchased at the Hawley IGA. Since the facility touts spa products, perhaps healthier continental breakfast items, such as yogurt , smoothies, fresh fruit and high fiber muffins, are in order, but it wasn't a deal breaker. Unfortunately, I tried to book a room for my next trip to Hawley, but were none available for my date...but I'll be back eventually!

Room Tip: The suites are way beyond my budget, but probably great for a group. I was perfectly content with m...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Didadidadida
jeanne g, Owner at Ledges Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for your thoughtful comments about Ledges Hotel. We want to let you know that we are addressing the "continental" breakfast pastries immediately - it has been on our radar screen and we have now completed a new model that will be put into effect very soon. We hope to see you again at Ledges Hotel and thank you for helping us to improve.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Just got back from a two night stay at Ledges and had a wonderful time! We were greeted by kind and welcoming staff, which was nice after a 3 hour drive. Upon being told there was a leaky showerhead in the room we were supposed to stay in, we were instantly upgraded to a two floor suite with GORGEOUS views of the waterfall the hotel is situated on. It was a very cool surprise! Our stay was a midweek getaway so the hotel was peaceful and quiet. We enjoyed the location, the outdoor decks, and the endless supply of hot tea in the lobby! Would whole-heartedly recommend to anyone looking for a quiet romantic getaway...especially midweek. Thank you Ledges!

• Stayed May 2013
Macungie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

The recently remodeled hotel is in what was once a glass factory. The furniture was very comfortable as were the common areas. The staff was extremely helpful and willing to please,

A real treat was sitting outside on one of the decks and enjoying the sight and sounds of the waterfalls. Very soothing!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KenSouser
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

This is my first trip advisor review. This place was so beautiful! It was incredibly peaceful. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The multi tiered outdoor decks, shared indoor spaces, and 2 story suite were lovely. The furnishings and decor are ultra luxurious. I really loved having access to a small kitchen area and TWO bathrooms. I loved the multi floor approach as well as the enormous windows and very high ceilings. It was a wonderfully relaxing stay. We would return to this location in a heartbeat.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sandra D
jeanne g, Owner at Ledges Hotel, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind remarks about Ledges Hotel. We have added yoga classes on Sunday mornings to enhance the feelings of peace and serenity.
Lancaster, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

Like others, a Travelzoo deal raised my consciousness to this upstate hotel, framed in a backdrop of waterfalls, nestled among the Poconos in Hawley, PA. The website's photo of waterfalls cascading behind and/or alongside the hotel had me instantly dreaming of a stress-free few days. So I arranged a for a group of girlfriends to escape to the Ledges Hotel and investigate the peacefulness of what turned-out to be the wonderful 'white noise' of falling water , visible from almost every angle of the hotel's outside multi-level decks -----complete with fire pits, tables, chairs, and forest-y ambience. Terri greeted us, gave us a tour, and she and Bill were charming hosts. In fact, all the Ledges staff were courteous and very positive. We stayed in the 2 bedroom suite with the spiral staircase leading to the 2nd floor where the bedrooms and a full bath was located. The kitchenette, half bath, dining and living rooms were functional for four people. Inside the room, I must admit the spiral staircase was a more romantic prop in my mind than in actuality, because maneuvering up and down was a bit awkward, yet fun at the same time. The upstairs landing was narrow and tight to access the 3 upstairs rooms, but once inside the rooms, all was well. A shout out to watch the hot water temp, on our stay, we found it to go from warm to scalding rather abruptly. The room overlooked the parking lot, but the lot was not as unsightly as many hotels---maybe it was the trees and hill the helped give it some character, but the room was not on the side were you can peer out the windows at the cascading waterfalls. I agree with others though, we saw the waterfalls from the rich experience of the outside decks. We explored the town's antique shops and hotel's sister location. This venue would be wonderful for couples who wanted just to get away and spend quality time with each other.

Room Tip: waterfall side....want romance ask for sunken tub--end, corner room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
jeanne g, Owner at Ledges Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for your review of Ledges Hotel. We really feel like curators of this peaceful spot in nature yet adapting an 1890 factory into a comfortable lodging accommodation. We will keep working on suggestions for improvements but so appreciate that you had a restful and rejuvenating retreat, which is our goal!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawley
Hotel Fauchere
Paradise Stream Resort
Paradise Stream Resort
#2 of 7 in Mount Pocono
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,466 reviews

Been to Ledges Hotel? Share your experiences!