“Fantastic Family resort”

Woodloch Pines Resort
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Hawley
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 25, 2008

Our whole family loves Woodloch Pines. Their accomodations, activities, services and food are all top-notch. We've been going for years, never had anything but a great experience and my 8 year old son counts down the days when we're booked for a visit.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed September 2, 2008

We were a group of 4 families with small children and Woodloch worked o.k. for our needs, but we found it disappointing, given its costs: The accommodations need to be updated, spruced up; there are no supervised children's activities available (e.g. if you take your kids to the art room, you have to stay with them, etc.); there also are almost no lessons available (ONE waterskiing lesson the entire week we were there is all we found). And Woodloch's visiting schedule is quite restricted - Sat. to Sat. only for a week's stay. Since the check-in is for late afternoon, and check-out 11 A.M., there really is only one weekend day (Sunday)to use for a week's stay.
On the plus side, we had an assigned table in the dining room for our entire entire group, so we could eat family style, and the staff were friendly and accommodating...
Bottom line: unless you're a group like ours - several families with babies and toddlers who want to have prepared meals together, but have separate sleeping facilities for each family - you probably can find a more luxurious and/or engaging situation

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
7  Thank hanabluma
Reviewed August 24, 2008

We waited late to check in, rooms are very clean, but out dated. Rooms are made up very late each day, seems not enough help. Food was just average, waitstaff and housekeepers friendliy and helpful. Shows are fine, need more to keep teens busy. Sorry not our cup of tea.

Stayed: July 2008
4  Thank 3boys2girls
Reviewed August 1, 2008

MY Sister and i was looking to get away, do something different. when we got there it was activities already in place,so we jumped in. we did everything that we wanted to do. the employees were great. They had an icon show that i loved. the comedian was great. I TRUELY TRUELY TRUELY HAD A GREAT TIME. THE MOMENT I GOT BACK HOME I STARTED PLANNING FOR MY FAMILY TO GO. I CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK THERE.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2008

our first time was great, our second time even better. why it took us six years to get back i'm still trying to figure out. we're already looking at reservations for next year. every great thing everyone has said about this place is true. it sounds such a terrible cliche that the oweners attribute the resort's success to the "wonderfully dedicated staff." doesn't every resort or cruise ship say the same thing. but in this case it is true. the staff is truly amazing; dedicated, friendly, courteous. one thing people have left out in other reviews that i think contributes to woodloch being so special is the guests themselves. its a give and take. the staff is great, and the guests are great in return. even our first tiem there, the people we met (many of whom are multi-year returning families) made us feel as at home as the staff. this time was even better, and we even made two more kids in tow, or maybe because of it. who knows? bottom line is this; there is always plenty to do, and many choices for any given hour of the day or night, the activities are fun and original, the food is excellent, especially considering how many people they feed every day. and all things considered, the rates are a steal. my only caveat is that some of the resort's future plans involve replacing some of the older, more affordable lodgings with more hotel/condo type units. the core of woodloch's clientele has alwas been working class/middle class people, and it is a shame that they might be getting shut out. i know this is not the intent, but it may be the result. its a really special place...give it a shot, you will not be dissapointed, unless you are completely weird.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2008

My family goes to Woodloch every year. I have been going my whole life as well (litterally, I was 0 when I went my first time.) Although Woodloch is in the Poconos Mountains and is a fairly long drive, it is deffiantely worth it and I can prove this, too. We have been going as a tradition with our cousins who live in Charlotte, North Carolina! They drive (thats a 11 1/2 hour drive for them.) I would go to Woodloch just for the food but there is so much more to do, it would not be worth it. The game are almost all family oriented. If you go on Woodloch's website, click on the tab that reads The Edge. From here, you can figure out game cheats that make the scavanger hunt that much better when you win the gold metal. Because we have been going the Same week of the same months, we have met many friends, some live only 20 minutes away from us, others 20 states. One family we met came all the way from Arizona but still made the commute. If all this isn't proof, I got more. The games are excellently thought of and oh so creative. The memories made are something I can promise you will not forget. The shows are extremely funny, especially the staff show. Although it is located sort of in the woods, you do get that feeling but it is certainly not the point. You still get electricity, running water and quickly take the buses that run around the campus to the North Lodge to catch the beginning of the Yankees gave on extremely nice TVs. All in all, Ihope this helped you. Somw people go to Woodloch Pines not knowing what to do or what to order. This is certainly not getting the whole woodloch experience. My grandparents, parents and aunt and uncle all love this place. It is deffiantely a place for all ages. The price IS fairly high, I have to admit but just please trust me, it is worth every cent you pay. If all of this wasn't true, then why would Woodloch be having it's 50 YEAR ANIVERSARY this year?

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2008

Just got back from Woodloch Pines and I am not sure what everyone is talking about. The food was very average, the whole place needs major updating and to me the prices are outrageous! I kept having to tell myself I can't believe I paid these prices for the Poconos. I understand they have loyal customers, but I think a few of them should try an all inclusive cruise to Bermuda or the Bahamas for the same price. I won't be back...Just my opinion~There are so much nicer places to stay.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
5  Thank Kathy04FloralPark
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawley
Greshams Lake View Motel
#1 of 2 in Lakeville
Ledges Hotel
Ledges Hotel
#4 of 7 in Hawley

Been to Woodloch Pines Resort? Share your experiences!