“Something for everyone”

GreenLeadersGold level
Tinton Falls, New Jersey
“Something for everyone”
Reviewed September 15, 2011

There's something for every age. Games like bingo & horse racing. Activities such as bumper cars & bumper boats to name a few. The food's delicious! Entertainment in the Night Club was great! Terrific comedian, laughed so hard my sides hurt! (all good clean fun, nothing offensive) Buildings are exceptionally clean. Grounds are well kept with beautiful flowers and lots of trees. The staff couldn't be more helpful. Loved Dawn! She makes all the games fun. Rosario was our waitress and she gave us great service. Everyone is interested in making your visit special. Perfect spot for the whole family!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Mt. Laurel building and had a beautiful suite with balcony. All rooms in Mt. Laure...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (482)
Long Island City, New York
Reviewed September 14, 2011

This summer, I had the great pleasure of spending a week with friends at Woodloch Pines Resort, in Hawley Pa. I have visited many places in the world, and I count my vacation experience at this wonderful resort as one of the most enjoyable of my life! From the moment of check-in, it was apparent that the comfort and enjoyment of each and every guest is the ultimate goal of the entire staff of this must-visit destination.

We stayed at the Springs, where our accommodations were spotless, beautiful, and beyond anything I could have imagined. The golf course setting is beautiful, relaxing and immaculately maintained. We enjoyed an easy afternoon at the gorgeous pool, and a fantastic dinner at the restaurant there.

Woodloch has so much to offer in the way of daytime activities, I really enjoyed the bumper boats, kayaking on the lovely lake, paddle boating, biking, and this (soon-to-be) social Security recipient even attempted to water-ski and had a blast ziplining! We had one rainy day, when we took full advantage of many indoor activities playing popular games with guests of all ages, and were fortunate to have met some interesting and fun people. The night-time activities are equally as incredible. They have Broadway-caliber shows, hilarious comedians, and a fantastic staff show involving many talented staff members whom we met during the course of our days and nights there. We had a ball playing adult-only bar games in the north lodge, and so much fun at “the horse races.”

I can’t say enough about dining opportunities and the food at the resort. It was abundant, delicious and the wait staff was superb. As with all the staff, they bend over backwards to make sure the guests’ every need is met, and do so happily and enthusiastically. We were made to feel at home and like family every moment of our time there.

A highlight for which we were especially grateful, was to have had the distinct pleasure of dining at the Spa at the Lodge at Woodloch. In my life, I can’t recall having had a better dining experience. The Lodge is a masterpiece, exquisitely designed, decorated and devoted to the highest standards of excellence. The grounds are stunningly beautiful, evoking the most tranquil and serene of settings for a truly first-rate relaxing spa experience, not to be missed!

I would highly recommend this fantastic Pocono destination to all, whether you’re a family with children, a couple, or just a few friends looking for a wonderful place to vacation. The Kiesendahl family’s dedication to providing their guests with the ultimate vacation experience is undeniably evident in everything at Woodloch Pines Resort.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Slimslo
Woodloch, Manager at Woodloch Pines Resort, responded to this review, September 21, 2011
Slimslo – We can’t thank you enough for your kind words! Kudos to you for taking advantage of the many different things that we offer each and every day; it sounds like you had a blast! We are also happy to see that you were able to experience our sister property, The Lodge at Woodloch. Hopefully, we’ll see you back soon!

Long Island City, New York
Reviewed September 13, 2011

We used to come to Woodloch every year when we were growing up, starting in the early 80's. It was a great place, great food, great staff, clean rooms, fun activities.

Then after not being there for about 10 years, was a major shock from the minute I first arrived. Please keep in mind this place is not cheap and attracts well to do families. These well to do families have to park their expensive cars on grass and mud, under trees, since the parking lots are very small and always full.

Pulling into the main entrance drive, looked pretty much the same as it has for the last 30 years. Nothing fancy,but nice. As you pull in, you can notice about 100 cheap looking picnic tables stacked in back of one of the hotel building. I feel sorry for the people staying in those buildings. All they get is a view of picnic tables. Now, those picnic tables are for their "famous cookout". The food is good, nothing special, and those picnic tables are gross! Also, you have to bus your own tables at the cookout. Not that I mind, but when a family of 4 is paying close to $2000 per day for a vacation, I would like someone to clear the table. Also, year after year, it is the exact same food, same location, on the muddy grass(it rained earlier that day). Although the concept is nice, maybe they can change the venue, perhaps a lake front cookout.

The rest of the time you are eating your meals in the "Main Dining Room". Again, nothing special, it is dated and dark, with worn out carpeting, cheezy folding tables, and uncomfortable seats. The food is better then average, but I would not say gourmet. For breakfast, they make it a point of saying "no omelettes". Are you kidding, $2000/day and you specifically tell me I can not order an omelette?? Woodloch, every hotel and most motels offer a omelette bar!!! Time for some changes. The servers are pleasant, although sometimes you are waiting a while to be served.

The same old games and activities since the 80's. The same cheezy games and activities happen like clockwork year after year. The horseracing games were always fun and exciting when we used to come 25 years ago. Now when you go it is very hard to stay the whole time, very boring. It is just an example of the activities that never change or at least get upgraded. Time for a major overhaul of the activities. First timers however, may find it exciting. If you like Bingo, you'll love Woodloch, they play it at least once a day. Snooze fest! reminds me of a nursing home. The lake is very nice and pretty. They still have paddle boats, sunfish sailboats, row boats and kayaks. Woodloch please get some of those 3 big wheeled bicycle boats. Start updating and changing some things. Also, they seem to be charging extra for alot more activities then they used to. IE the zipline and segway. I guess they are trying to slowly move away from inclusive. Yikes!

The outdoor shuffleboard, bocce ball, and mini golf courses are an absolute disgrace! Broken, missing equippment, and run down courts. The mini golf course by the lake should be totally ripped out and redone. No one even uses it. Some new activities, since the last time I was here, include bumper boats, bumper cars, a game room, a gym, and a indoor forest playground. The new buildings that house these activities look like big gray sheds. Far from fancy or luxary. Go carts were always my favorite when I was younger, they still have them, but your have to wait on a line a half hour long to use them, as there are only 5 at a time. NIghttime entertainment is held in the night club, which is over crowded and again uncomfortable. The "theme night" shows used to star actual woodloch employees, which was nice and fun. Now they have some company doing the show, and it is Blah. Oh lets not, forget the stale popcorn on the tables in the nightclub. I cant believe it has come to this, all for so much money!

The rooms are very nice and clean and updated, as long as you stay in Springbrook or Mountain Laurel. The older units are very dated and run down, although they area very clean. If you would like to view picnic tables stacked out your back window, stay in the Gateway units.

All in all, I have to say that Woodloch was once a great place to go. They still have an incredible list of loyal and repeat guests, who probably dont see the slow decay of the facility and services. First timers will see from the minute they get there that the whole place just looks tired and run down. New fresh eyes see things that people who work there everyday may not see or realize.

I will say that I had an overall good time, but could not believe how much money I was shelling out for just "OK" service.

Room Tip: Try to stay in either Springbrook or Mountain Laurel, as they are the newest and nicest rooms. They...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
8 Thank Walter F
Teaneck, New Jersey
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed at Woodloch Springs and rented the houses. 4 of the 5 bedrooms had a master bath. The activities were endless. Great outdoor and indoor pool area. Beach and lake abig plus. Would definitely return and recommend.

1 Thank Glenn L
Financeguy201 – Thank you for your review. The houses are a great option for any guests and we are thankful you found this to be the case. We hope to once again extend our hospitality to you in the very near future!

Odenton, Maryland
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Woodloch Pine is an all inclusive resort where each and every member of your family will enjoy going for many years to come. Whether you are a grandparent, or the newest addition to the family, there is always something to do at Woodloch. Your great times swimming, playing games and enjoying the finest in nature will only be interupted by the fine meals and nightly family orientated entertainment in their theater style setting. With a staff that is highly professional, motivated and whose mission is to provide the utmost in services during your vacation who will leave you with a sense of fulfillment as they will provide something to do, throughout the day, for the parents, teens, children and infants in your party, all with a smile on their face and fun in their heart. Do as much, or as little as you would like, but be ready to have one family vacation which will bring you closer together!

2 Thank Mike L
Mike L – Spending time with loved ones while enjoying everything that we have to offer is exactly what we want for each and everyone one of our guests. We are happy to see that experienced just that! Our only wish is that you’ll return to experience it all over. Thank you for taking the time to share your review, and we hope to see you soon!

Elizabeth, New Jersey
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I can't say enough good things about this location. It was definitely one of our best vacations ever. The service was impeccable, the people were so friendly and sweet they made you feel like family and let's not talk about the food.....any foodie would be impressed.

1 Thank jay c
Jay c – We are honored that you consider Woodloch your best vacation ever. The owners and staff take your comfort very seriously, and strive to share our unique hospitality with everyone. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us and we want to see you back here soon!

Randolph, NJ
Reviewed September 11, 2011

People do talk highly of Woodloch....so we had no reason to believe that our trip would be as great. When our group had to change our original plans due to the hurricane we decided to go to Woodloch. I thought the price for two nights was really high but left with few options, we went. I thought there was a wide variety of activities, that the staff was great and the place was very clean. However, I felt that for $1250 for two nights for each of the two families in my party(we stayed in a house on the golf course) everything should have been perfect. So, what was I not happy with? I was VERY unhappy with the state of some of the equipment they have. I have four year old twins and a six year old. They were very excited to go bike riding as a family. So....we walked all the way to one end of the resort to get helmets....which by the way, they don't require you to wear any type of net on your head with the helmet to prevent the spreading of bugs (can you say lice?) After we picked out helmets for our entire group of 12, we had to walk all the way to the bike path. When we finally arrived at the top of the hill (we couldn't take the shuttle b/c we had strollers) I was VERY VERY upset to see the conditions of the bikes. They bikes had bent wheels, training wheels that were literally falling off the bikes, adult bikes that were at a height for giants and handle bars that were falling off. There were not staff members around to help and it was obvious that they bikes had not been maintained for a long time...if ever. While there, there were a group of young teens that asked for my help because their friend was riding along the 4 mile trail on one of these bikes and fell. His leg was bleeding and they needed assistance. My children were extremely disappointed that we couldn't ride together as a family...that they couldn't ride at all. Then we had to walk all the way back to return the helmets...which I am not sure why you can't just get by the bikes anyway. The next morning we went to the go karts. My twins stayed with me and rode on the little cars by the batting cages while my husband took my son on the big cars. There were four cars in the little car area. Two out of the four of them were not charged! We were there early on in the day so it wasn't like they were used all day and then the battery died....and the other one was broken. Needless to say....they got frustrated...as did we. I have never written any reviews about anything on line before. While there was so many good things about this place, they were clouded by things that were just simply disappointing. We travel with groups of families several times a year. This time it was only two families. Our next trip is with seven families. We will try another place next time.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank NKS1968
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawley
Greshams Lake View Motel
Ledges Hotel
Ledges Hotel
#3 of 7 in Hawley
Villa Roma Resort and Conference Center

Been to Woodloch Pines Resort? Share your experiences!