“Something for everyone, devoted to service”

Woodloch Pines Resort
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Hawley
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I've been going to Woodloch for 15 years and in that time, the resort has grown to meet all interests. First and foremost, it's a family resort with tons of activities catering to kids of all ages. Staff run games focus on old fashioned family fun and the jovial staff manage to make silly things like a Woodloch Medal seem important. The constant action and activity schedule make the Pines resort a perfect family summer or winter vacation.

Just 3 miles down the road is Woodloch Springs- more appropriate for older families. These rental homes are on a picturesque golf course. While guests have complete access to the Pines activities, the Springs is for a more relaxed vacation. At the Springs, Guests can cook dinner in the beautiful homes and enjoy a glass of wine on the deck while watching golfers tackle a difficult course. The clubhouse is nice for dinners out with the option of casual (The Grille) or formal (the Vista Dining Room). The pool and fitness facilities are less crowded and more quiet here than at the Pines. And the homes always look and feel new.

The spa, the Lodge at Woodloch, is stunning. The facilities (hot tubs, pool, hydrotherapy waterfalls) are better than any of the spas I've been to in Vegas and the Caribbean. My only complaint was the service was a bit snobby, but since my visit (it's been 3 years since my trip to the Lodge), Woodloch has taken over the Spa management and the service is apparently much more welcoming, however I've not been back yet.

I would recommend this Resort to families of any age.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank PSUNurse7
There are newer reviews for Woodloch Pines Resort

Reviewed August 6, 2011

This was our 12 or so visit over the past 15 years and once again we were not disappointed. We are a family of four with a 20 year old and 16 year old. Everyone at Woodloch goes out of their way to make the trip great for all no matter what your age. We try and go the same time every year as do many other familes and because of that develop a close relationship with the people we see each year. Our group of Woodloch friends has expanded so much that we need 3 or4 tables when we go see shows at the nightclub. Woodloch is always adding new things and this year was a zipline. Our whole family went on it and had a blast. Although you could probably hear my scream of surprise and I swung off the platform! As usual the service at the resort was great-especially our waiter Trinh who was probably one of the best waiters we ever have had. He always had a smile on his face. Tim part of the management dining room staff also made us feel so welcome as fellow Penn Staters and made us feel like old friends. Those are just two of the many wonderful people who we always encounter. Tom from the social staff also always welcomes us warmly and makes us laugh.. The place is immaculate, the lake beautiful, the food good and always so so much to do. Some of our best family memories have been made at Woodloch. Cant wait till next year.

1  Thank MOMGS123
Reviewed August 4, 2011

i love it here. I go with my family of 16. We went twice and qare planing to go next year. We loved that the kids can run free and they will keep themseleves busy untill the next meal. At night they have great family games like Family fued. they also have shows like the staff show theme show comedy shows and best of all mock horse racing. If you come with group of kids on the night of the shows send them immedtly after they eat so you and your family can get good seats. The rooms aree spotless and the beds are decent. But by the time you get to your room at night you will be so tired you wont even care. I highly recommend to stay here, Woodloch has a motto that they will treat as if they were a guest in there own home and truly honestly do. :)

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Woodloch, Manager at Woodloch Pines Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2011

Shamrock – Thank you so much for your review and what a mighty big family you have, that’s wonderful! We greatly appreciate the recommendation, thank you! At Woodloch you can go as fast, or as slow, as you wish to go; from our organized activities to taking a stroll on the nature trail you should never want for something to do.

We look forward to welcoming you back home to Woodloch soon!

Reviewed August 4, 2011

My wife and I took a few days to visit Woodloch. We were very impressed with the nice accomdations, friendly staff and range of activities. The meals were good and we never were bored. Next year, we intend to return with our children and grandchildren. Take a look at their website, www.woodloch.com. It is an accurate description of the resort.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BobR39

Bob - Thank you so much for the kind words! If you came just as a couple I hope you took advantage of our more mature activities (spa/golf) - but your kids and grand-kids are going to LOVE IT. Thank you again!

Reviewed July 27, 2011

Had a great time again always something to do, rained one day and still found things to do. Service was great, food was great, ate too much LOL. Going back again next year

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Woodloch, Manager at Woodloch Pines Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2011

Bobert - So glad you had a great time. We look forward to your return next year - you know you can have just as much fun in the fall, winter and spring!!!

I hope the 3-star sleep quality was because you were up all night hanging out in the sports bar or north lodge! :)

Reviewed July 24, 2011

Well, the resort was GREAT... tons to do for all ages, pool,lake,waterskiing,paddleboats,gocarts,bumperboats,shooting range, bingo,texas holdem. I could go on and on, but,
We stayed up the road maybe two miles at Woodloch Springs (houses on the golf course with no meal plan) because it was more reasonably priced. It was really SUCH a hassle to pack everyone and everything up for the day and travel to resort, find parking, schlep cooler,drinks, pool stuff around, I dont think that I will go back. Too expensive for a weekend trip. My advice, if money is no issue, go, stay at resort, you will be happy, but, I dont see how most families can afford to spend $2500 for a weekend in the poconos.

Room Tip: I would only stay at resort, not houses at Springs
4  Thank Kathy C
Reviewed July 21, 2011

My family and I stayed for 4 days and had no complaints. Most amenities were free, such as the pool, jungle gym for the kids, bumper cars, bumper boats, hiking trail, bicycle, and boating on the lake. The service was great, everyone was friendly and helpful. It felt like home. The food was good, old-fashioned American food. It wasn't sophisticated, but everything was prepared well and the ingredients were fresh and of good quality. They bake their own bread everyday and make their own ice cream so how bad can it get. I would highly recommend it to families with children since there are just so many activities your children can be doing there without costing you an extra penny. The overall rate is kind of expensive, but for a New Yorker, it was worth it because I got to save on airfare and the hassle of flying.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawley
Hampton Inn Matamoras
Ledges Hotel
Ledges Hotel
#3 of 7 in Hawley
Villa Roma Resort and Conference Center

Been to Woodloch Pines Resort? Share your experiences!