“Ridiculous!”
Review of Ravyn & Robyn - CLOSED

Ravyn & Robyn
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Here at Ravyn & Robyn we provide high quality wines perfectly paired with our small plates. We have drawn inspiration from our favorite restaurants in Spain, Italy, and New York. An evening here might include a beautifully prepared charcuterie and artisan cheese board accompanied by one or two small plate items. Our extensive wine selection is available by the glass and the bottle. In addition to the wine offering, we will have a full liquor bar, and a small variety of beer. Here at Ravyn & Robyn you will be able to sit back, relax, and enjoy your evening.
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Cannot comment on food,service or atmosphere because we didn't get to experience any of it. After attending a local performance we went here because the hours on their website...which were also on the door sign..stated they were open until 11pm. We entered and there were about four tables of people. We approached an empty table and a server walked toward us looking confused asking if she could help us. We said we came for dinner and were told the kitchen closed at 9:30. When we said there stated hours were until 11pm she replied...they are? and walked to check. We were then told the kitchen closed an hour after the last customer came in and no one had come in for an hour. Are you supposed to guess when people get there? Either you have hours or you don't. What a haphazard way to run your business...especially being a fairly new business. Won't even consider giving it another try.

3  Thank cem12340
Allison H, Owner at Ravyn & Robyn, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2014

Hi!

I wanted to reach out to you regarding your review from October 2013. My name is Allison and I am a new owner of the business.

I know how disappointing restaurant experiences can be, and quite frankly when a business is closed during what are advertised as operating hours, it's just a failure on their part.

I apologize and while I don't expect you return, we would for you to so that we can exceed your expectations.

Allison

Reviewed September 8, 2013

The mixed reviews (at least on other websites) should have served as a warning....
Last night's dinner was a complete disaster. Directed to a wobbly table, we decided to move to another one where the knives were missing. The side dishes were covered with a substance that I did not dare to identify.

When I inquired where the "wild salmon" came from (Alaska, Canada, Norway), I was assured that the salmon was most definitely "wild".

The menu was small, but offered an interesting selection. I opted for the shrimp skewer - which arrived without skewer and slightly undercooked shrimps. It tasted OK, but not great. The chicken Massala was totally undercooked and even my wife was unable to detect any Massala traces in the sauce. The coup-de-grace came with the dessert: a chocolate mousse tart with the front part of the base missing, and the "mousse" was a goo that even subsequent flossing did not fully clear from my teeth.

My wife's "penne a la vodka" consisted of penne (well al dente), but the vodka sauce? Well, at least not a known brand.

The only highlight: the Francis Ford Coppola Pinot Grigio.

I find it difficult to understand that the place was filling rapidly whilst we were "dining". Does this suggest that we were the "odd ones out" or that the expectations are generally so low that Ravyn & Robyn succeeds to meet them?

Overall, the service is not bad, but bordering on amateurish (not surprising given the average age of the servers). The prices are average (including for wine), but the quality of the food leaves a great deal to be desired.

After the demise of the previous venture at the same location, we wanted to give the place another shot, but not likely to go there again in this lifetime.

Oh, and before I forget: venture out towards the bathrooms. You will be passing an interesting (albeit not entirely related) collection of items that one would not necessarily expect to find en route.

For this place to succeed, one will need an experienced manager who shapes up the staff and the chef. The location (a former bank) has great potential, and we are not even talking about a great financial investment here.

Hello!

My name is Allison and I am a new owner of the business.

I am so sorry that your experience at this location in September 2013 was horrendous. I'm very happy to inform you that Ravyn & Robyn is under new management, has a new menu, and an impeccable new staff.

I would love to have you back, so that we could show you how we operate now. If you return, which I hope you do, please tell the staff your username here at Trip Advisor and we will take 25% off of your order.

Allison

Reviewed September 4, 2013

the best chiken italiana around. Is all about the fresh food, please try the chiken italiannnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaa.
great work christine, ravyn and robyn. The best servers

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We went for dinner and were met by the owner and his wife. I realize that it was summer, but I don't really know what type of restaurant she is trying to represent by wearing shorts. She looked like a bartender in a sports bar. Not the owner of a beautiful restaurant. Since she is the first person people see when they enter so she needs to realize that her attire does affect the atmosphere of the restaurant. Although our meals were good, two other customers and I had our meals mixed up with each other, which caused bad feelings among the other patrons as well. The waiters looked very young and inexperienced, which was evident when they did nothing to offer apologies for the confusion. The owner looked like the Energizer Bunny as he scurried around the restaurant handling problems. The water girl took her job seriously, and she was on a mission to make sure that everyone had water. It was funny, but it's a shame that the wait staff
didn't have the same drive to please customers. If they work out the kinks that come with opening a new restaurant, then I think they will do well.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We went to this restaurant during opening week and had a very enjoyable dining experience. Of course there were little thngs to iron out so we went again the following week. The things we had hoped would change had changed and this is trly a place that wants to please its customers. It is a new place...give it a chance....it gets better all the time!