“Pleasantly surprised”
Review of Tanglwood Resort

Tanglwood Resort
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Great renovated unit, friendly staff and wonderful location.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank BEATFEAT

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Tanglewood resort has 2 sets of units away from central Hwy 507/ route 6 junction. First set overlooking the lake 6 miles nth on route 507 and second set units 7 miles nth on route 507 in at Paupack Golf Club in the forest. We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit no. 305 at the golf club which was superb 5 star 50 m from the club house tee and 20m from a lake. Everything supplied you could not fault it modern washer dryer dishwasher quiet and if need be meals at the golf club but a bit pricy. Squirrels running around every morning and night. Front porch downstairs bedroom and bathroom, upstairs bedroom and shower and patio and desk area. Wifi signal weak lots tv channels. You need a car to visit places and the IGA supermarket in Hawley there are service stations banks and licenced bottle shop with huge range wine etc in the same carpark area as IGA.
We booked our Saturday to Saturday week through RCI and loved the place. We are retired Australians mid 60s. Travelled from a resort over at Falmouth Cape Cod Ma from the week before. Its a good days travel from Falmouth arrived one hour early at 4 pm booked in bought food at IGA then out to Paupack Golf resort by 5.30 pm loved our week found plenty to do.

Room Tip: Ask for a unit at the golf club or on the lake as first choice You need a GPS for you car to save ti...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank holidayms
Reviewed April 25, 2012

My husband and I needed to get away for a weekend so we decided to use this Resort through Royal Holidays. We stayed 4/13-4/17 Well everything was booked and taken care of, I decided to call and let them know that we might be a little late, wow little did I know we would be stuck in traffic for 3 hours driving from NY city on a Friday, anyway the girl told me not to worry someone will be there until 8pm well, I call again at 4pm no answer, I kept calling every 10 mins no answer we got there about 8.05pm the office was locked no one no key…OMG I was about to lose my mind, I decided to call Royal Holiday in Mexico this is about 9 pm now, they tried and tried to call the Resort for over an hour and a half no answer, by this time we turn around and headed back home, then a call came through that the keys are in a box outside the office with my name on it, then I was told their phone system was down and they could not receive calls or make calls…”Why would you not use a cell phone to call your expecting guess to let them know what is going on..My advise to any one planning to say here get cell # don’t be left out in the dark…Our stay was ok no activity or entertainment, the gym is a 7-10 min drive away, the only thing we did is the walk around the lake, “not a guided tour” the only restaurant we ate at was at the golf course where the gym is at “not that great food” we went out to a shopping are about 35min drive, other than that was very quiet, the outdoor pool was not open yet, but there is a pool and hot tub at the gym. I would also like to add that please take but spray, there was an infestation of "lake bug" that is what the girl at the front desk told us it is called.

Room Tip: Room that you can see the lake is calming to me...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Gee M
Reviewed April 25, 2012

First I would like to say it was very clean and organized at our condo, that was about the only part of the 3 day vacation that was good. We took 3 kids there thinking that they could play on the playground & swim in the pool not knowing that You have to drive miles to the indoor pool, several miles to the beach/lake etc and at least 8 miles to the closest grocery store. Was very disappointed with that. Then on Saturday we discovered that our vehicle had been broken into they stole our cameras, gps and some other stuff (about 2200.00) worth of things. Camera had beautiful pictures of the kids from the day before at bushkill falls. :( Needless to say we spent the whole day at the state police barracks and learned that our unit had been broken into previously. No one from the resort really cared. They should have credited us aleast a day for the lost time we had to spend with the police or something. very very disappointed...
Kathy Tonini
Taunton MA

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank kathytonini
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I called ahead to ask about location of room to lake. It is not on the lake as it appears in the photo. It is across the street, and up a hill. When I called to inquire about bringing our kayaks, I found out that the resort is split into three different locations. One is the main area Forrest Hill in back of check in and Lake View up front with the outdoor pool, game/activity room with the wifi. The second is Lakeside down the street 1.5 miles right on the lake, but not a swimming area, just docking (but with a view of lake). The third is Golf resort which is 7.5 miles away from front main area which houses the indoor pool from the health club. Originally we were booked into a 2bd at the golf resort, but the woman offered to switch us into a 1bd newly renovated in the Forrest Hill unit. We thought this would be better with children 10 & 12 who would like to use the outdoor pool, wifi and activities.
Although the unit was practically brand new, it was a basement unit, so very damp. We had to keep the air conditioner going the entire time. Quality of renovations were not high, and will show use very quickly.
Lake Wallenpaupak is accessible for a beautiful walk right across the street. Just down the road two minutes by the visitors center is a beach access for minimal charge about $3 and we spent one day there. Very convenient right back to unit. About 15 minutes away is a state park that was really large and quite nice. Paddle boats, fishing, swimming, all the ameneties of a large park. I would highly recommend going there for the day as well.

As I dont think I would recommend this place, I also wouldn't discourage it. It really depends on what you are looking for in your vacation. The staff was very nice, there are many activities planned throughout the week for younger children and they really make an effort there which is nice. The room that we stayed in, again was not the greatest, or one with a view, it was in the basement level looking into the woods, but we had no problems per say other than the dark & dampness to complain about. If you have a boat and want to be out on the water, then this is pretty convenient.

Room Tip: Call ahead and ask where your room is located to fit your needs. Ask for a renovated unit, I guess...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Lynn58
Reviewed March 28, 2012

We were there with my family during the 2nd week of March. Nice resort, friendly staff, clean and well kept. It was absolutely peaceful and beautiful. We were in an one bedroom unit. It had a full kitchen with good appliances and all the necessary kitchen stuff.

Room Tip: We had the lake view unit. Beautiful view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank RMOntario
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I stayed here with my family in August. We stayed in a renovated 2 bedroom unit. It was very nice, clean and comfortable. if you are the outdoors type, you can keep yourself busy at he resort. There wasn't much in the way of planned activities that interested us. There is a pool and a rec. room. The rec. room smelled like mildew & my kids were not impressed.

There is a really great all inclusive resort in the same town called Woodloch Pines. it is really expensive to stay there, but they offer a day rate. We spent a day there, during our stay at Tanglwood and my kids had a blast. There are tons of activities there.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated unit.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawley
Greshams Lake View Motel
The Lodge at Woodloch
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop

Been to Tanglwood Resort? Share your experiences!