“Fantastic”
Review of The Settlers Inn

The Settlers Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
The Settlers Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 47 Restaurants in Hawley
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hudson Street (Route 590E)
Transit: Shortline bus company operates from downtown Hawley (approximately four blocks from the Inn) to Port Authority, New York City.
Description: A meticulously restored Arts & Craft Lodge in the Lake Region of Pennsylvania's Pocono Mountains boasting native Chestnut Wood Beams, Bradbury & Bradbury hand screened Wallpapers, Fulper hand crafted tiles, a Stickley Grandfather's Clock, a collection of Arts and Crafts Pottery and Mission Style furnishings. Our hospitality extends from the head to the heart to the hand. Gather with friends or family in the inn's many comfortable common spaces. Bask in a summer's day on the terrace, or stroll the colorful Garden and the banks of the meandering Lackawaxen River. Take a spin around town on one of the bikes on our front porch. Walk out the front door to the Bingham Park and Riverwalk Trail to our sister property, Ledges Hotel, where you are invited to relax on one of the many decks and surround yourself in the natural beauty of the waterfalls and gorge.
Nashville, Tennessee
“Fantastic”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

To be honest, I wasn't expecting this place to be so good! Throughout my travels, which often take me to small parts of the USA, I'm always delighted when I can find little gems like this. I had in fact looked at their website before making a dinner reservation, but I really didn't expect it to be as good as it was! The Inn itself is very quaint. We had a drink outside on the patio (where you can also dine al fresco) but we ate dinner in the main dining room which was probably a good idea as the weather went from beautiful to a crazy lightening, thunder and rain storm in a short period of time. The gardens outside are gorgeous. The food was exceptional. I especially love the fact it's farm to table and their menu outlines where they obtain most of their products from locally. We had the chopped salad to start with then i had the chicken for a main course. I know chicken generally sounds boring and I did consider the steak, but the waitress recommended the chicken and I'm glad she did. It was one of the best I've ever had and I consider myself to be a pretty discerning diner. The strawberry shortcake dessert was also very nice. The only one disappointing thing was the wine (by the glass) selection. The choices were very average, which was surprising given that they are turning out such great food here. I think a better wine selection would enhance the meal even that much more. Definitely worth the visit if you are in the area!

• Visited July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Philadelphia
“Delicious meals, pretty garden setting”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Consistently good breakfast and lunch food, very fresh ingredients. Have eaten here on two separate trips to Hawley and would definitely eat here again!

Visited June 2014
Dingmans Ferry, PA
“Another Wonderful, Peaceful Getaway”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

We looked for another getaway to Hawley, PA because we lost our beloved dog of 12 years and had to get out of the house! The Settler's Inn seemed charming so we booked 2 nights which included breakfast and dinner. We were able to pick our own room from the photos on the website. It was large and comfortable and decorated very tastefully. The Inn is very peaceful and welcoming. Once we settled in we were treated to complimentary wine tasting in the cozy sitting room which has a large stone fireplace. Dinner was first class, everything excellent from the atmosphere to the staff to the food and the presentation. The desk clerk provided directions for a 'driving tour' which we took, taking us through many areas which allowed for great picture taking. Our stay was very memorable. Plenty to do, plenty of good food in the area too. Can't wait to return . We live only 30 miles away, but it's a quaint town which has just been given a facelift! You WILL enjoy everything about Hawley and the Settlers Inn!

• Visited April 2014
South Florida
“I LOVE this place!”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I work at one of the many nearby sleepaway camps in the area and am hard pressed every summer to find a nice place to relax and have a good meal on my days off. The area is practically overrun with fast food restaurants and local bars, but not too many nicer restaurants. I found the Settler's Inn last summer and have visited at least a half dozen times since. Walking into the preserved arts & crafts style lobby is like stepping back in time. The view from the patio out into the gardens is lovely for unwinding. The menu is sourced from local farmers and dairies. You can taste the freshness in the food. The wine list is comprehensive. Best of all, I have never had a piece of meat there that wasn't perfectly cooked. I don't know who the chef is, but hats off to him/her. Getting meat right all of the time is somewhat difficult. In short, I've never had a bad meal here. The atmosphere is perfect and the serving staff very knowledgeable and helpful. The prices are on the high side for the area, considering that you can easily walk into virtually any local bar and order an assortment of fried fare plus have a couple of drinks for under $20. If you're from a larger metropolis, however, then it's not likely that you'll flinch when the bill arrives. The entire dining experience is well worth it!

• Visited June 2014
HAWLEY PA
“Best gourmet food in the Poconos”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We dined here last evening and the food was fantastic. Our friend had swordfish and he noted that it was the best he ever had. Everything was enjoyed immensely. The service was over the top.... glasses were kept full of water, and all our needs met immediately. Piano music was played which added to the ambiance. It was a wonderful experience!!

• Visited June 2014