“Delicious Food”
Review of The Settlers Inn

The Settlers Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
The Settlers Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 49 Restaurants in Hawley
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hudson Street (Route 590E)
Transit: Shortline bus company operates from downtown Hawley (approximately four blocks from the Inn) to Port Authority, New York City.
Description: A meticulously restored Arts & Craft Lodge in the Lake Region of Pennsylvania's Pocono Mountains boasting native Chestnut Wood Beams, Bradbury & Bradbury hand screened Wallpapers, Fulper hand crafted tiles, a Stickley Grandfather's Clock, a collection of Arts and Crafts Pottery and Mission Style furnishings. Our hospitality extends from the head to the heart to the hand. Gather with friends or family in the inn's many comfortable common spaces. Bask in a summer's day on the terrace, or stroll the colorful Garden and the banks of the meandering Lackawaxen River. Take a spin around town on one of the bikes on our front porch. Walk out the front door to the Bingham Park and Riverwalk Trail to our sister property, Ledges Hotel, where you are invited to relax on one of the many decks and surround yourself in the natural beauty of the waterfalls and gorge.
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a Friday night dinner at the Settler's Inn, while visiting the area for a weekend getaway. The food was delicious. We each had a soup for starters. I had a rosemary chicken dish and my husband had pork tenderloin. The presentation was very nice and portion sizes more than adequate. The multi-grain bread was also quite tasty. For dessert we split a chocolate torte. With a couple glasses of wine, our bill came to just under $100.00, which I found to be a good value. The service was average to slightly above. I found the busboy to be warmer than our waiter, though the waiter was polite and attentive. Following dinner, we got drinks at the bar and sat by the fire in the lobby. Unfortunately, the fire soon went out and no one bothered to relight it. Sadly, this put a damper on the mood and so we opted to not stay for another drink and left.

2  Thank ourfamilystravels14

Reviewed March 3, 2013

The food and service were wonderful. The menu was very interesting and the ambiance was very warm.
We were there for lunch which was in the fireside room.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is my first trip to PA and this restaurant. My husband and I came in for dinner and were greeted with the option of a pre fixed "fireside menu" as it was put to us. It looked like a no brainier 4 courses for $35pp. The unfortunate part is we were not told this is a "tasting" menu which meant incredibly small portions. To my own fault it does say this on their website however, I was not lucky enough to look there first and it wasn't presented to us like this at the restaurant.. Oops. We were told we can eat at the fireside or in the dining area so we chose dining area. There were 8 tables (including ours) and the service was incredibly slow. The waiter forgot to give us the first course of our tasting and what was supposed to be 4 courses ended up being 3. My husband realized this at the end when we looked at the menu again on our way out. The waiter also forgot my last glass of wine with dessert. My husband asked for this as he was bringing us the check. So overall I do have to give settlers inn credit for the taste of their food, what little we had was delicious but $88 dollars later you shouldn't go home hungry. Even though I was definitely disappointed with the service I actually would recommend this restaurant because the food was so very good but if you order from fireside menu count your courses and don't go there hungry!

1  Thank Missy744
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The Settlers Inn had an old victorian theme to it; nicely kept. The food (lunch) was delicious and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Only place to have an upscale lunch in the town of Hawley, PA.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We love dining at the Settlers Inn. Food is great and well presented and the service is always excellent. And they have a great wine list. For us, it is the very best in the Lake Wallenpaupack area.