“The Settlers Inn Hawley PA”
Review of The Settlers Inn

The Settlers Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
The Settlers Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 47 Restaurants in Hawley
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hudson Street (Route 590E)
Transit: Shortline bus company operates from downtown Hawley (approximately four blocks from the Inn) to Port Authority, New York City.
Description: A meticulously restored Arts & Craft Lodge in the Lake Region of Pennsylvania's Pocono Mountains boasting native Chestnut Wood Beams, Bradbury & Bradbury hand screened Wallpapers, Fulper hand crafted tiles, a Stickley Grandfather's Clock, a collection of Arts and Crafts Pottery and Mission Style furnishings. Our hospitality extends from the head to the heart to the hand. Gather with friends or family in the inn's many comfortable common spaces. Bask in a summer's day on the terrace, or stroll the colorful Garden and the banks of the meandering Lackawaxen River. Take a spin around town on one of the bikes on our front porch. Walk out the front door to the Bingham Park and Riverwalk Trail to our sister property, Ledges Hotel, where you are invited to relax on one of the many decks and surround yourself in the natural beauty of the waterfalls and gorge.
Hawley, Pennsylvania
“The Settlers Inn Hawley PA”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Beautiful lobby with fireplace, with bar restaurant and piano. Rooms and walls are full of beautiful antiques and artwork the most comfortable bed I ever slept in, warm and comfortable. free breakfast!

2 Thank Mike P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
massachusetts
“Great food, great place”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Always creative and changing with the seasons. The staff was a little rusty, but the food was very good. They strive to provide 'farm to table' and make note of the local ingredients used. It is a pricey, but great for an occasional night out.

Milford, Pennsylvania
“Great special occasion place”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Wonderful menu, great service,excellent wine selection. Nice for couples and special occasions. Wouldn't be too good for small children,

Carlisle, PA
“An excellent meal for a lot of VERY picky people!”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I would guess that between 25 and 30 of us sat down for a wine-pairing dinner at the Settler's Inn. We were all innkeepers from other Select Registry inns and B&Bs in the north-east region, and are all particularly picky about food, service, hospitality, cleanliness and all the small things that make an inn successful. Our set dinner started with Blooming Grove Trout Dumplings with a Miso Lemongrass dipping broth, accompanied by an Anakena Sauvignon Blank. The pairing was excellent with the wine cutting through the unctuousness of the dumpling and broth.

I should tell you at this point that all the food was great, and so was the wine. If you would like to stop reading now, then that's fine, you've already got the gist of this review :-).

Oh? You're still here? Then I'll carry on!

Being from England, I had never really eaten Pork Belly until I visited Charleston a couple of years ago. On that occasion it was so good, that I was put off trying anybody else's recipe. I am SO glad this was a set meal because the Cider Braised Berkshire Pork Belly with the Pillar Box Shiraz, Cabernet and Merlot blend was outstanding! My wife tells me that the Beet Salad was good, but I don't like beets, so I wouldn't know.

The Crispy Herb Stuffed Chicken Leg Roulade was crispily delicious. I've always thought that the legs and thighs were the best part of the chicken, and these stood up well to the Herb Stuffing. The accompanying Sweet Corn Sauce with the Sweet Potato, Apple, and Poblano Hash was unusual for my trans-Atlantic taste, but worked extremely well with the Iris Vineyards Pinot Noir.

For dessert, we had an English Toffee Pudding with Warm Caramel Sauce and Whipped Cream. Now this was a good dessert, but NOT English Toffee Pudding. I doubt that the average guest here would know that, and as I said it was good - just neither English, nor Toffee! As I enjoyed it anyway, it did not really detract from what was overall an excellently convivial evening in a delightful restaurant.

Finally I must add that the staff were really terrific and helpful, and it was a pleasure to be able to show our appreciation to the kitchen staff at the end of our meal.

• Visited November 2012
North Wildwood, NJ
“Delicious Dinner at Settler's”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We had a wonderful dinner at Settler's. The dining room is beautiful with its craftsman details. We had a 4 course meal that was varied and delicious. We would certainly eat here when in the area again.

1 Thank ShelbyDonovanNike