“very good lunch”

Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 30, 2014

was in the area and had seen it on tripadvisor. had a brat. very good, but the roll was unweildy, so i ate it with knife and fork. need to cavern out the roll so the brat would fit it. great fries. the draft craft beers are a bit pricey, but good. would return when in the area

Management response:Responded January 19, 2017

Please come again soon. And thank you for the review.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

This is a popular neighborhood spot that does a great business. The food can be good but is inconsistent. When busy the kitchen easily gets overwhelmed. I keep hoping they hit their stride. Also they have a great brick pizza oven that needs a great pizza maker to bring out its full potential

1  Thank kgmcgrath
Management response:Responded January 19, 2017

We believe since your first visit that we have worked out a lot of the kinks. Please come back and give us another try.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Went for lunch today around 1:30pm on a Thursday. First thing - they do have outdoor seating...but I thought it was too cold so we took a table inside. The inside is really welcoming- chalkboard food & drink specials, good lighting - like the rustic decor and great flooring - they did a good job setting this place up.

Our waitress was very nice and helpful in making suggestions. I ordered the bloody mary and my hubby got one of their never heard of them beers (which he loves!) I love bloody marys - and this has to be in the Top 5 I have ever had. Spicy and thick with spices and horseradish - topped with olives stuffed there with fresh parm - a piece of bacon/panchetta? and a drizzle of hot sauce....see the picture. It was seriously good.

My husband ordered the buttermilk chix sandwich - which he enjoyed very much.
I couldn't decide so I ordered two appetizers....the mussels with chorizo and the hummus platter.

The mussels were amazing. The broth was delish - and it took will power not to pick up the bowl and drink it down. At this time - they delivered the hummus platter which was by far one of my favorite hummus plates ever. The hummus is made with white beans - and was paired with fresh grilled veggies. There were mushrooms, sweet potatoes, onions, asparagus, potatoes, cherry tomatoes, olives - sounds like an odd mix - but wow. We kept spreading the hummus on the flatbread and covering it with veggies until the plate was clean enough to put back on the shelf. lol. It really was that good.

The chef came out and asked us how we liked everything which I thought was really nice.

I wanted to try another drink....but I was stuffed. :) We can't wait to come back and recommend it for lunch. We were not fighting with the crowds that many people have faced here.

Management response:Responded January 19, 2017

Thank you for the kind words. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

The specialty cocktail menu is more then reason enough to come.... it did get pretty crowded but fortunately I already was sitting at the bar. An interesting menu but we just went for the pizza, which was the perfect size and delicious. I haven't tried all the cocktails but I'm sure they are just as good as the PIMM's Cup and Speakeasy, which I would absolutely order again.

Management response:Responded January 19, 2017

Please please please come back soon. Your words are greatly appreciated.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

We had heard about this "new" place in Havertown called "Brick and Brew" and decided to try it. The place was very crowded which is usually a good sign. We gave our name to the hostess who told us it would be a 30 minute wait. We were able to order a beer at the bar. Speaking of beer! What a choice!!!! After waiting about 20 minutes, we were given a seat at the pizza bar. The chefs were very pleasant. The pizza was amazing! We order a pepperoni pizza and a lump crab pizza. Both were wonderful!!! Highly recommend this restaurant! But go willing to wait. You will not be disappointed

Management response:Responded January 19, 2017

Thank you for the positive review. We hope to see you again soon.