“Can't believe this is in Havertown!”
Review of Edgewood Cafe

Edgewood Cafe
Ranked #4 of 74 Restaurants in Havertown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Can't believe this is in Havertown!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

What could be better than finding a restaurant that uses the freshest ingredients with some creative twists just 5 minutes from home? Edgewood Cafe does not disappoint. My husband and I have been there twice and are looking forward to our third meal tonight. Everything has been delicious. The flavors are never overwhelmed with too many competing ingredients. My husband loved his crab cake and took the 2nd home for lunch. My seafood over angel's hair was the best I can remember in a very long time with tender seafood and a sauce I wish I could duplicate.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Awesome find in the suburbs!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We love Edgewood cafe in havertown! I can't say enough good things about this place. We've been there 4 times in the past year, and we are never disappointed. It's run by a local couple. The service is very friendly. They have music on the weekends. And the food is really unbelievable. They change up the specials often, so I have never gotten the same thing twice when I go, and I am always happy when I leave. Great food, great atmosphere! I am sure I'll be back in a few weeks with more friends!

West Chester
“A Gem in the Neighborhood”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Restaurant has some good & bad, but overall it is a nice place for the price. Staff is very young, and the menu is limited. But the food is good and the prices are reasonable.

Restaurant has limited seating. Our booth was in the back with a view of the dishwashing area. We were next to the only bathroom; bathroom is a busy place, with competition from staff & diners.

Service was OK, and I really liked our waitress. But she handled one table at a time, so we didn't see her very often.

Parking is on the street, but there seemed to be enough room for all of the diners.

• Visited February 2013
Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania
“Delicious Ladies Night Out”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

My two friends and I went here lat week for our annual Holiday dinner. We usually try to go to a BYOB and share a bottle of wine . We loved this place far away from the madding crowds of busy shopping centers. We had made a reservation and were seated immediately. We shared the crab mac and cheese and the shrimp Lejon -both appetizers were delicious, the shrimp was on top a horseradish sauce which was great. I got the eggplant dish, the eggplant was thick cut but really tender which is hard to do-delicious. We shared a mini creme brulee assortment and the bread pudding both were good. Our waiter Bert was friendly and attentive but not too attentive which can be annoying. There was a female singer who had an excellent voice- when we saw her setting up we dreaded it because we've been out where the entertainment is too loud and since we are trying to talk we were worried, but the sound here was perfect. I would definitely go back.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Elizabeth A
Philadelphia
“Terrific neighborhood spot”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

My husband and I went to Edgewood Cafe on a Friday evening and thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. The ambience was very relaxed; a harpist provided lovely background music. Our servers were friendly. For an appetizer, we ordered the ahi tuna crisps - unique and very tasty! I had crabcakes with a corn risotto, and my husband had steak. We love having such a nice restaurant in the neighborhood and will definitely visit again.

• Visited June 2012