“A Havertown Delight”

Dining options: Reservations
Ardmore, Pennsylvania
“A Havertown Delight”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Kaya's is a quaint BYOB in Havertown, PA. They have a blackboard menu which changes all of the time. They may have mussels on the menu every night but the style in which they are served is different. It's all a variation on a theme. The desserts are homemade. Kaya's is a great place to go to relax and have a nice glass of wine with some really good cooking.

• Visited January 2013

Havertown, Pennsylvania
“Something Special”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I had the pleasure of eating here with a friend and can not say enough nice things about this restaurant. The staff were welcoming and knowledgeable about the evening's menu. It's a "Chalkboard" style menu which means that it changes daily based on what's fresh and in season. The food was an interesting combination of flavors and textures from the appetizer to the main course and dessert.
I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a unique and refreshing dining experience.

• Visited September 2012
phila.
“RUDE OWNER AND STAFF. ACT LIKE THEY ARE DOING YOU A FAVOR.”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I will NEVER return here. They act as if they are doing you a favor. I made reservations for 6, said we wanted separate checks except for two together in order to use a restaurant .com coupon. NOT A PROBLEM they say. Then when we arrived, it's a problem because they Never (?) separate checks #1, and the coupon has to be for the entire table, Not two entrees as it says. BUT they would do us a favor and divide the check into 2 and 4 because my coupon was a year old, the recent one has new rules about the table. But they would absolutely not give the other 4 people separate checks even if we were paying separately some cash, some credit. and let me add, this proclamation was not apologetic, or with an explanation, simply take it or leave it. OK, then after we are seated and ordered, the waitress makes it a point to show another coupon to me that specifically says "no splitting",since mine is a year old it does not say that, she wanted me to know they were doing me a BIG favor.. The order of pork chop was dry and tough. Something else was ordered and never came until we were all done with our meals and reminded the waitress. Then it appeared. The other 4 people had problems with their check because some were paying cash and some credit card (WE DID ASK FOR SEPARATE CHECKS) and it was a mess, after they thought they paid, the waitress came back again because they couldn't figure out how to break up the bill if someone just says put 36$ on a card. Duh. take all the money, pay the bill and what is left is the tip. Then the waitress again reminded us of how many exceptions she was making for us, and I told her that because of her attitude and all of this contention I would never return again. She told me that "they would be happy for me to never return". AGAIN, I WILL NEVER GO BACK. It was so noisy you couldn't hear the people next to you, the pork was dried out and tough, and the owner and the wait staff are snobs that know nothing about customer service. When I asked if the salmon was wild, the waitress told us that it was farm raised, but it is genetically programmed to go into the ocean and then come back to the farm and be caught. Now, I haven't googled this yet, but that sounds a bit far fetched to me, plus this restaurant proclaims to be organic and sustainable. The $12 fried goat cheese salad, had one ball of fried goat cheese, and a handful of greens. No one ordered it, but the edamame gnocchi for $29.00 was so expensive because it was made with expensive mushrooms, according to our genius waitress. Oh, and the wait staff and owner stand around the front desk and chit chat. they had a good laugh when our waitress went over and told them that she told me they will be happy if we never return. AGAIN, I WILL NEVER GO BACK, they are rude and ungrateful. They obviously use the http://restaurant.com coupon to attract people, I brought 6 diners!, but they resent you for using it. This place disgusts me.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank ganneg
Pa,USA
“City atmosphere in the burbs”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Great spot for awesome food. Small, classy restaurant ... Personalized selections with local produce. Very creative chef. I have eaten here many times and never have been disappointed.

• Visited July 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great BYOB in Havertown”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Everything was great - clams, salads, entrees and cheesecake. Wine was good too although we brought it.

• Visited April 2012