“Expensive and Trendy but not bad,”
Review of Du Jour - CLOSED

Du Jour
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 14, 2012

You can get pastries, breads and coffee there. You can eat breakfast or regular meals in the expanded dining area. The food is good and the french patisserie atmosphere is good enough. The service is slightly indifferent, but not awful. I just think the quality does not quite measure up to the expense and the yuppified trendiness is a little off-putting. Still, you won't be terribly sorry if you go there. It might be fun to have them fix a picnic lunch and then you can take it over to the beautiful campus and arboretum-like grounds and trails of Haverford College.

Reviewed December 5, 2011

My $15 entree Turkey Burger was undercooked....almost raw in the middle. My wife's pizza had fruit flies crawling on it when the waitress brought it to our table. They were sorry and gave us 2 free choc chip cookies......that were harder than hockey pucks! Never be back.

1  Thank Tony_O_TFNC
Reviewed November 2, 2011

What can I say. Du Jour is just OK for food, but dear in price- it seems like the place was gradually morphed over the last few years from a pleasant place to have lunch or dinner and not break the bank, to a restaurant where it's easy to spend a lot... too much... for what you get... enough to say that Du Jour's margins must be really attractive, And the service ... what can I say. This evening I was picking up two small pizzas to go (for $31.80 mind you), and was kept waiting (too long) at the cash register while an employee finished what must have been some complicated keyboard work on the cash register. When she was all done she asked me what I needed, got the two pizzas and that was it. I commented on Du Jour's change in financial character, and was sort of blown off- "Yeh, I know." There are better places out there to spend money, folks. Du Jour is way past its prime.

Reviewed October 30, 2011

Horrible, horrible service. Just spent two hours from start to finish to get an omelet without the cheese I ordered. The best part was when the waitress said -- when I told her that my omelet did not have any cheese: "Oh well, what are you goin to do." They reduced the bill by $1.00. Are u kidding?

Been going there for years and have watched a steady decline in service and quality as prices continue to rise. Adios, Du Jour.

Reviewed July 10, 2011

This is a neighborhood restaurant with center city prices -- $15 for a burger and fries and $11 for a small nondescript salad. They even charge a $7 corkage fee. There are much more interesting options in the area at much more reasonable prices.