“Fruit Flies and undercooked Turkey Burger?”
Review of Du Jour - CLOSED

Du Jour
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 5, 2011

My $15 entree Turkey Burger was undercooked....almost raw in the middle. My wife's pizza had fruit flies crawling on it when the waitress brought it to our table. They were sorry and gave us 2 free choc chip cookies......that were harder than hockey pucks! Never be back.

1  Thank Tony_O_TFNC

Reviewed November 2, 2011

What can I say. Du Jour is just OK for food, but dear in price- it seems like the place was gradually morphed over the last few years from a pleasant place to have lunch or dinner and not break the bank, to a restaurant where it's easy to spend a lot... too much... for what you get... enough to say that Du Jour's margins must be really attractive, And the service ... what can I say. This evening I was picking up two small pizzas to go (for $31.80 mind you), and was kept waiting (too long) at the cash register while an employee finished what must have been some complicated keyboard work on the cash register. When she was all done she asked me what I needed, got the two pizzas and that was it. I commented on Du Jour's change in financial character, and was sort of blown off- "Yeh, I know." There are better places out there to spend money, folks. Du Jour is way past its prime.

Reviewed October 30, 2011

Horrible, horrible service. Just spent two hours from start to finish to get an omelet without the cheese I ordered. The best part was when the waitress said -- when I told her that my omelet did not have any cheese: "Oh well, what are you goin to do." They reduced the bill by $1.00. Are u kidding?

Been going there for years and have watched a steady decline in service and quality as prices continue to rise. Adios, Du Jour.

Reviewed July 10, 2011

This is a neighborhood restaurant with center city prices -- $15 for a burger and fries and $11 for a small nondescript salad. They even charge a $7 corkage fee. There are much more interesting options in the area at much more reasonable prices.

Reviewed May 29, 2011

We have recently moved to Haverford and were delighted to find this jewel within walking distance. Frequently very sophisticated menu items prepared well. Soups are great, so is the coffee and gelato. Neighborhood-fare also excellent.