“Great place at a super price”

Best Western Premier The Central Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I was so pleased with everything and staff is so pleasant! From early morning until night, everyone who works there was great! Great good at restaurant too. Very clean and classy. I was very very very very very very happy

• Stayed: March 2014
BWPremierCentral, General Manager at Best Western Premier The Central Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Dear Senior TripAdvisor Contributor,

Thank you for taking a moment to recognize our clean, comfortable guest room accommodations, the friendly team members you encountered, and the exceptional value you received while staying with us. Our team is committed to ensuring our guests experience unparalleled accommodations, and we are pleased to hear we exceeded your expectations. We thank you for sharing your comments, and truly hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to the Central during future visits to the area!

Kind Regards,

Best Western Premier, the Central Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (1,581)

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Beautiful hotel - especially the lobby area! Great place for a family as there was a beautiful pool, fitness room and game room for kids. The rooms are large, the self-adjustable thermostat is digital, and the cleanliness was impeccable. I will stay at this hotel when I'm in the area for sure.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I slept the best in this hotel of any hotel I have ever been in. There was a variety of pillows and there was one that was just right for me. The lobby is lovely and a relaxing place to sit. O'Reilly's was a GREAT place to eat and have drinks after a busy day. Their breakfast buffet was a real bargain. The hotel and restaurant staff were all very friendly and helpful. The in-room refrigerator kept the dogs' food frozen until I needed it. I stayed a week during a high-stress National Agility competition and I had no trouble relaxing and getting to sleep at the end of the day. If I return to Harrisburg, I would book my stay at The Central again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Central Guest,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay with us, and are pleased that we were able to exceed your expectations as well as those of “Man’s Best Friend!” We were honored to be recognized as the host hotel for the 2014 American Kennel Club, National Dog Show recently held at the nearby Farm Show Complex. It is our pleasure to provide our guests with Premier full service amenities and a convenient location to both Harrisburg, and Hershey. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Best Western Premier, the Central Hotel during future visits to the region, and thank you again for sharing your exceptional remarks!

Best Regards,

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I was a distressed airline passenger who had to stay at the Best Western because of a cancelled flight. They offered me a discounted rate in addition to complimentary toiletries and a discount coupon for breakfast. My room was clean and spacious. I would like to single out Chelsea and Stacy who were both extremely competent and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 1, 2014

No regrets. A great place to stay and staff was very helpful and personable. Late night chocolate chip cookies were a special treat too. Harrisburg was a host city for a national AKC event and the hotel accepted dogs for the event, I would stay there again and again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for an American Kennel Club National Championship and brought my dog. The hotel was the cleanest and best dog friendly hotel I've ever been to. I normally get sub-standard amenities when I travel with my dog but this hotel does not discriminate. The lobby, rooms and restaurant were sparkling clean and well-appointed. It was a luxury experience!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear American Kennel Club Guest,

Thank you for sharing your observations in relation to your recent stay at the Best Western Premier, the Central Hotel. It is truly a pleasure to provide guests with ultra clean, comfortable pet-friendly accommodations. The distinct style and personalized service of our Best Western Premier will always leave a lasting impression upon our guests. Whether staying for a relaxing vacation or an important business meeting, plush amenities and full service features provide a refined level of comfort for all travelers. We thank you again for choosing to Stay with People Who Care, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Best Regards,

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stayed here with a dog on our return from the south. The room was beautiful and we were so pleasantly surprised not to get the worst room in a motel since we had a pet with us. The only thing I did not like was being charged an extra 20 dollars a night for the dog. On the other hand, it kept people who might not have been exactly clean with their pets away..... I definitely would stay here again, although pricey when adding the cost of the dog per night. However, the cleanliness and beauty of the lobby made up for it. Right next to a small strip mall also so you could walk over and have a meal.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple