“Snowed in and loved it”

Best Western Premier The Central Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I work a short distance from here and several coworkers and Idid not want to chance driving home. They called our workplace and offered us rooms at a discounted price due to the storm. We took them up on their offer and man was it worth it. Walking in I felt like I walked into a hotel in manhattan! Huge lobby, a bar situated in the middle of it and all. There was plenty of food in machines to keep us filled, plus the restaurant attached to the hotel was open! Very good food. I would definitely recommend this hotel to any who are in need of one. The staff was amazing!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
BWPremierCentral, General Manager at Best Western Premier The Central Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear Local Best Western Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent “snowed in” experience at the Best Western Premier, the Central Hotel! I am pleased to hear our team members contacted you regarding a special rate due to the storm, and we thank you for choosing to stay with us! We appreciate your positive feedback, and look forward to welcoming you back to both the Central Hotel and O’Reilly’s Tap Room & Kitchen again in the future! Keep warm!

Best Western Premier, the Central Hotel

There are newer reviews for Best Western Premier The Central Hotel & Conference Center

Reviewed January 24, 2014

My plane didn't come in until Midnight and I had a hard time finding a hotel shuttle service that could pick me up. BW was able to pick me up from the airport with no problem. The evening front desk team was great. They were very friendly and helpful.

The room was spacious, clean and modern. Also, the internet at the hotel was great and I was able to sign in to work and work from my room with no problems.

The breakfast buffet had a lot of choices. I really enjoyed the biscuits and gravy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the freeway.
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Exceptional Excellence are the two words that capture the essence of my guest-centered experience at this fabulous hotel. I treated my family to this hotel as a quick getaway from Maryland during the Holiday weekend as we love Pa.! We usually stay at the Country Inn & Suites but I noticed this property online, ranked within the top 5 hotels (trip advisor) in Harrisburg for an affordable price and when I walked into the lobby of the hotel my jaw literally dropped as I did not expect such a beautiful and peaceful ambiance to meet me at the door.That ambiance was consistent by polite and friendly front desk staff (Steve) and amenities (Open Computers,comp. Wi-Fi, In- house restaurant ,O'Reilly's etc.) The beds were super comfortable and the rooms were very clean ( thank, Kim) I was even more impressed with the property general manager, Mr. Chiccarine. We met him as we were leaving the hotel and he was working on a task alongside his staff. The fact that he was a team player alongside his staff truly spoke to his management style and family style ambiance that makes this hotel so authentic. He even found the time to listen to my four year old, Zoe give her feedback on the hotel. Zoe is a talker and she talked and talked and Mr.Chiccarine patiently listened attentively. Zoe loved the hotel and called her girlfriend in the car ride home to tell her that "her" hotel had more than one cartoon network and the best strawberry waffles ( at O'Reilly's ) ever! As a college communications professor and fashion journalist I am always cognizant of excellent communication and great style. This hotel had both as they were exceptional and excellent in a premiere fashion. I'm looking forward to visiting again and would suggest this hotel as a "must" if you are traveling to Harrisburg/Hershey area! What a gem, Exceptional excellence, in a premiere experience.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

We booked the Best Western Premier recently for a baby shower and it was an overall great experience. From dealing with the sales office, to the quality of food served and the service provided during the shower, it was an excellent experience. The room captain and her assistant were so thoughtful and accommodating in every way! The hotel location is great for out of town guests! Thanks so much for making this special day really special!! Job well done!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
BWPremierCentral, General Manager at Best Western Premier The Central Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear Sandy -

Congratulations on your new addition! Thank you for taking a moment out of your busy schedule to comment on your successful baby shower at the Best Western Premier, the Central Hotel! We appreciate your recognition of our team members who are truly dedicated to providing our guests with an exceptional experience. We are pleased to hear we assisted in executing a successful event for your family, and friends, and look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back to the Central Hotel in the future! Congratulations once again!

Best Western Premier, the Central Hotel

Reviewed January 18, 2014

very happy with jesse the front desk mgr,very cordial and knowledgeable.will stay there again.should give free breakfast as most bw do.that would top it off.thats big with me for my family.great pool and game room for kids and the computer access was good

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I have always liked this hotel but it even seems better than ever. Everything about it is especially good...nice atmosphere, well trained professional staff, clean rooms and public areas. The restaurant is reasonably priced with a great selection of beers. As a business traveler, it continues to be one of my first places to choice in the Harrisburg area.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
BWPremierCentral, General Manager at Best Western Premier The Central Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear Business Class Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your outstanding experience with us at the Best Western Premier, the Central Hotel! We are proud, as a Best Western Premier property, to provide our guests with clean, comfortable guest rooms, plush amenities, and friendly, personalized service to ensure our guests are at ease during their time with us. We thank you for your additional feedback regarding your dining experiences at O’Reilly’s Tap Room & Kitchen, and are pleased we exceeded your expectations! We welcome the opportunity to welcome you back during future visits to the Harrisburg/ Hershey region!

Best Western Premier
The Central Hotel Harrisburg/ Hershey

Reviewed January 11, 2014

we had to find a hotel due to an ice storm. Girl at desk was extremely helpful and accommodating. Wish I knew her name, she was phenomenal. It was 1pm on 1/5/14 if that helps at best western premier in harrisburg pa

Review collected in partnership with Best Western